Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Lipfusion XL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jolene4him
5% products discount

Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, My 44-year old (former smoker) thin lips have tried CityLips (some temp plump), Too Faced Lip Injection (some temp plump), Joey of New York (nada), Signature Club A's capsules containing the french ingredient Maxilip (some plump), I indulged and have been using the XL for 2 weeks with SIGNIFICANT plumping especially of my bottom lip, and plumped all the way to the lip line which is especially noticable when I smile Very Happy. The effect of the fullness in the morning after rising and applying lip balm is like having two cushions in my lips; can feel the inflation. I was about to give up on topical solutions until this and if one tube lasts a month - it's still cheaper than smoking! The fullest affect lasts a few hours into the morning, but as I reapply regular Lipfusion during the day, they seem to plump right up to the max, and never completely lose the fullness during the day. Temporary, but for me, beats a needle. Hope this helps someone else to make an informed decision.
joya

Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Yes! This has been my experience exactly!!
I also use the regular Lipfusion throughout the day!
Congrats on the quitting smoking Surprised
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Have you used the reg LF at night as a treatment? You never mentioned how the reg and XL compared. I am wondering how different it would be.

I mean HOW does it compare to the reg Lipfusion?l It would be iteresting to see how applying reg LF at night and throughour the day for a week and then a week of XL at night and reg during the day.

LF is already $40 which I am happy to pay and like the results. But I don't know if I am wiling to pay the extra $10 if I could get the same results using reg LF as a night treatment as well. Well I DO use it just like that, I am wondering if I'll get more plumping w/XL as opposed to Reg LF.
joya

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I used the regular Lipfusion for about a month before I got the XL. I used to use the regular Lipfusion at night, and during the day.

I noticed a big difference in the overnight plumping effects with the Lipfusion XL. Especially the bottome lip. My only gripe is, that for the price, the regular Lipfusion should do what the XL does.

Also, I want to add that I just started using the Skin Naturals HA Caps. This is about 3 weeks after I began using the Lipfusion XL. So, the extra plumping effect I noticed with the XL was not due to the HA Caps. I will update on the Skin Natural HA Caps in a few days. Surprised
jolene4him
5% products discount

Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've never utilized the regular LP as an overnight treatment. However, after several applications of regular LP during the day, it doesn't "swell" my lips, giving that maximum cushion affect as the one time overnight use does. I protect my lips throughout the day and rarely eat to remove the regular LP during business hours (as many hours as I sleep in the XL) if that's any kind of scientific comparison. Confused Just ordered the Too Faced Lip Injection EXTREME this a.m. and will advise my results; recommended usage am and pm; $27.50.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Lip Injection has a more intense version? I tried the reg and did like how it plumped. A bit more than the LF for me at least. But I didn't like the flypaper stickiness to it. And the stinging from the irritants. I would apply the LF more often because it just felt better.
jolene4him
5% products discount

Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
See the product info on Page 1 currently of the Products Reviews Forum; I'll advise all on its affects Exclamation
joya

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
As promised, I am updating my review of the Skin Naturals HA/Collagen caps.

I have been using them for about 5 days. I take 2 in the morning, 2 at night. This works to keep my lips plump and soft all day. So much so, that I am afraid of biting my lip Embarassed

I am not talking Angelina lips, I don't want that anyway. But on me, natural healthy looking, pillowy lips. I am 48 years old.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Don't you just love the HA/Collegan supplements? I've been using them for over a year now.

Lori

5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
After Joya's review; I'll order the pills, very reasonable. Another three days usage of the Lipfusion XL at bedtime, and my top lip is now also inflating. No time for measurements; however, a 1/3 increase in size WITHIN my lipline is a fair estimate. The Lip Injection EXTREME from Sephora is on the way & I'll advise all on that Product Review Post Subject. Best Wishes to All!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
So there IS a difference between using re LF and XL for night treatment? I always use the reg for night and I don't see much dif. I have to keep applying all day as well.
jolene4him
5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the affect from Lipfusion XL at bedtime surpasses all other products I've tried(see my 1st post on Subject), although I've never slept in any other product, including the regular Lipfusion. The Too Faced EXTREME is on its way to me from Sephora; recommends am / pm use with similar technology to the Lipfusion except they include with the marine collagen; Maxilip, Avocado Oil, in lieu of HA. I'll try it and if it helps to extend my Lipfusion XL formula and results, I'll be a happy camper Cool .
joya

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I really feel that the LipFusion XL is far superior to the regular Lipfusion as a nighttime treatment, and almost but not quite as good as the HA/Collagen pills. Probably becsue it remains undisturbed all night.

Now, I own the regular Lipfusion, the XL, and the HA/Collagen caps. I will for sure continue with the HA caps. When it is time to repurchase the Lipfusion, not sure which one I will get. I like the regular Lipfusion as a gloss better, and the XL as a treatment. Rolling Eyes
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
joya wrote:
Now, I own the regular Lipfusion, the XL, and the HA/Collagen caps. I will for sure continue with the HA caps. When it is time to repurchase the Lipfusion, not sure which one I will get. I like the regular Lipfusion as a gloss better, and the XL as a treatment. Rolling Eyes

I'm in total agreement! Decisions, decisions.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
So you can't use the XL during the day? Does it have a dif texture?
jolene4him
5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Use at bedtime per the box. However, I have intermittently used during the day along with regular tinted Lipfusion. The texture is smooth like glass. Wink
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Alright I'm ordering XL today...
jolene4him
5% products discount

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Based on my experience, I believe you will have significant results. I forgot in my 1st post to include Sovage Lip Plumping system as a failed attempt to "cush" lips, which I have now with the Lipfusion XL at bed and the regular during the day. Tip: Apply lipstick over the Lipfusion with a brush for a matte look. My Too Faced Lip Injection EXTREME will be here next Tuesday and w/marine collegen, no HA, and Maxilip, Avocado Oil, etc., similar technology to regular Lipfusion at $27.50, and I'm hoping it will extend my Lipfusion XL - will report under the Product Review Forum. Have a great weekend ladies! Cool
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
jolene4him wrote:
Based on my experience, I believe you will have significant results. I forgot in my 1st post to include Sovage Lip Plumping system as a failed attempt to "cush" lips, which I have now with the Lipfusion XL at bed and the regular during the day. Tip: Apply lipstick over the Lipfusion with a brush for a matte look. My Too Faced Lip Injection EXTREME will be here next Tuesday and w/marine collegen, no HA, and Maxilip, Avocado Oil, etc., similar technology to regular Lipfusion at $27.50, and I'm hoping it will extend my Lipfusion XL - will report under the Product Review Forum. Have a great weekend ladies! Cool

Thanks for being the guinea pig on the Too Faced version. I can't wait to see your review! Very Happy
jolene4him
5% products discount

Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
If you'd like to see the plumping affect as I enter my fourth week of Lipfusion XL daily use; I'll email three pics to you - personal message me and I'll send to you individually. Bear in mind that I don't have before photos; but take my word for it, my lips were dry and FLAT prior to Lipfusion XL. I applied lipliner and lipstick to darken my lips so you could see the "cushion" affect which was not visible bare-lips. I also received the Too Faced Lip Injection EXTREME yesterday and will post the results of one night's usage under the appropriate Product Review Heading.
jolene4him
5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Didn't know about the Restylane connection Exclamation

Ladies, did you feast your eyes on it? For the gals that asked for my results pictures; the ones shown in the Lipfusion XL ad are the same! The ad states: Never before have women with thin lips (hello!) been able to see definition, fullness and firmness (my cushions) with a topical product. About HA: Patented dehydrated micro-injected hyaluronic acid-filled spheres' (little round dots you can see on lips with magnify mirror) sponge-like absorbency works to bind hundreds of times their weight in water to visibly "fill" and boost lip volume. A naturally derived "plumping" agent, HA is best known as Restylane, a filler injectd by syringe to boost lip size. Talks about the collegen side of XL too. Another ad for Modele Collagen Lip Treatment in this issue too - clubmodel.com for store locations. I'll check the site out and report to you my findings.
My pot of gold, however, is Lipfusion XL.
jolene4him
5% products discount

Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
The Modele website refers you to a variety of drugstores such as CVS, Rite-Aid, etc. I'll stick with XL which I just reordered at the month mark and I'm still working on my first tube; let you know how long a tube for $50 lasts. Rolling Eyes
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. Lipfusion (regular and XL) did NOTHING for me. Glad to see it helped you though.. (I am sticking with Benefit Lip Plump until I find something better Wink )
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Modele lip treatment. Does not plump or even claim to. Gives appearance because your lips are so well hydrated and it smooths out (claims to) lines.

I did not notice that but it is the most moisturizing lip balm I have ever used. I do like it a lot and it feels great going on. Don't think I'll repurchase though. $29 too steep.
jolene4him
5% products discount

Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for the Benefit product success info and the Heads-up on the Modele Collagen for lips. February Harper's ad by Modele DID speak to (claim) increased volume (40%), apparently via hydration. When I read "volume", the word means "a large amount" and my mind interprets that as "plump" - or at least "plumper" than what I've already got Confused . I suppose this is the reason we're all here, trying to help each other muddle through the hype. Have a great week ladies!

Real Beauty arises from the balance between ourselves and nature surrounding us. A little lip doesn't hurt. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |