Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suggest regime for me, please??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aquablue
5% products discount

Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm 25, male, oily t-zone, acne prone skin.
Occasional breakouts, have been using differin and benzaclin on Rx.

Please suggest an anti-aging regimine for me, especially for eye area. I'm confused.

I need a good eye treatment for collagen boosting and getting rid of fine lines--what is the best eye cream - vitamin C? Kinetin? Alpha Derma?

A good face treatment, either Vitamin C or peptides that will not cause bad interactions with acne meds?

I need help on putting them together in a regime.

Thanks
Aqua
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hey aquablue!! I'm new here too, but this is what I've learned from reading the forums.

First, morning and night--- cleanse! But not with a harsh sodium laurel sulfate cleanser that will stip your skin of proteins (which are peptide bonds)It is very important to read lables to find a gentle cleanser.
I have been trying the OCM (oil cleansing method) which is castor oil mixed with a lighter oil of your choice (extra virgin olive oil, jojoba, grapeseed, almond...) I personally like 1/2 cup castor oil, 1/4 cup jojoba oil with about 15 drops of bermagot essential oil, which gives it a citrus smell and is great for cleansing/balancing. I use this at night to really clean the pores deep down. There is a post somewhere that explains the process in detail, so do a search, but OMG! It is the best! You basically rub it in really good, steam your face with a hot washcloth and wipe it off. Afterward, I like to put on a mud type mask to pull more impurities from the pores.

Second step-- exfoliate!! If you are using differin, your face may feel dry and flaky from the excess cellular turnover. You need a gentle exfoliator to remove these dead skin cells. I like epidermx microdermabrasion with the epiderm camellia oil and the dermubutter. But I am working on getting rid of some blackhead pit scars (for which it is working wonders!! Cool ) If you only have some flakiness, any exfoliator will do. Pineapple or papaya are both very effective and gentle.

Step 3 is to tone the pores/balance. I like the apple cider vinegar toner (ACV) It really balances and decreases oil production in that t-zone for me. I bought a great sample called gypsy rose tea toner for a buck at simplydivinebotanicals.com. It contains organic apple cider vinegar. I also made my own, but I think theirs smells better Smile

Next is vitamin C serum all over your face and neck. It combats all those nasty free radicals that will cause more wrinkles on your skin Embarassed Let the vitamin c absorb in the skin. After that moisturize with a non comedogenic oil or lotion and put on sunscreen.
The vitamin C is only used in the morning, if you want to add more antioxidant power to your regimen you can add a copper peptide serum in it's place at night. Or the alphaderma?

If you want to incorporate vitamin C and alphaderma for around the eye area, I would try one at a time first. You don't want to overwhelm your skin. I've read that the vitamin C, alphaderma, copper peptides, retinol and camellia oil have all worked for diminishing wrinkles/fine lines on different people.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest you use:

Cleasner: Cetaphil gentle cleanser

Exfoliate: Baking Soda and Cetaphil mixed together as a paste and scrub away!

Moisterizer: Cellex-C Seasilk oil free moisterizer

and Sunblock: Skinceuticals Physical Defence SPF 30

If you have skincare problems like dry/tight feeling on your eyes, you could use Vivier 5%, or Skinceuticals Eye Gel (has 5%) and at night or twice a day, Kinerase Under Eye Rescue

If you don't have the time to make a paste with Baking Soda and Cetaphil, use Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Face & Body

If you want to further protect your skin. Use Skinceuticals C E Ferulic or others from that line or Vivier Vitamin C line.

Did you like my suggestions? They are very basic.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |