Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Camellia Oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Aloha everyone. I just finished reading through all the old threads. Whew--that's a lot of information. My thanks to everyone who took the time to help educate others!

Lots of products caught my attention, so I have two packages on the way from EDS. Very Happy (Waiting for them is so hard!!!)

A couple of postings about Camellia Oil caught my eye, and I'm intrigued. Can someone please give me more information?

How about you Leeleedeedee? In a September posting, you said you had some on the way. Did it work for you? (I have sensitive skin too.)

Thanks!
--Alohagirl Wink
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hello Alohagirl,

I must say that since my posting about the camellia oil I now have a bathroom filled with all kinds of bottles of essential oils, special blends, hydrosols, misters, diffusers etc. I am so into essential oils. I did tons of research on them and I truly believe that they can give marvellous results because they are so pure; without one chemical additive, absolutely no preservatives, binders or fillers. They just sink right into the skin to do their beautifuly work. Some are protective against the sun (like sesame oil) but I'm sure you know your ancestors used pure coconut oil to protect their beautiful skins from the hot sun. They didn't have sunscreens then.

Now, to answer your question. I did order the camellia oil, but they didn't have it in stock so I substituted hazelnut oil. It's a wonderful emollient, but I didn't know then that it is more suited for oily skins. However, since most essential oils work to balance the skin I must say (and I know this is hard to believe) but the hazelnut oil removed the blackheads I had on my nose and made the pores much smaller. I now love my nose!! An amazing result - I kid you not!!

If you want the camellia oil it is supposed to soften the skin and some have said it removed their wrinkles (perhaps you don't have any but it seems to be a nice oil.)

There are so many good oils for sensitive skin. The apothecary from where I order most of my oils have a special blend for sensitive skin that contains: Blue Chamomile, Yarrow, Myrrh, Lavender. They sell many special blends. I am using two now: one for skin hyperpigmentation, and one for firming (I'm 50 and need a little firming.) Sorry, this is so long. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I'm not sure whether or not I answered your question but hope this extremely long winded answer helps.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Alohagirl,

I just want to add this: be wary of essential oils sold in health food stores. Although the oil says 100% pure, it means that the oil is pure but there has to be an additive in order to give it a long shelf life in the store.

When you order from an apothecary everything is fresh and made on the premises. This means all the distilling and blending. It is shipped fresh to you and should be used within a year. After that the oils may become rancid because there are no preservatives. It just means you can't keep them lying around forever. But, when you want pure this is what you get. Oh, and all essential oils should be in a blueish tinted bottle to preserve the oils from getting rancid from the sunlight. This is what a good oil should be like.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Leeleedeedee,

Thanks for the long reply. I think they're the best kind because there's no such thing as too much information. Especially when discussing health and beauty!Wink

A point of clarification: I've lived in Hawaii most of my life, but unfortunately, have no Hawaiian blood. (It's a lovely race with a rich heritage.) My ancestry is European, with accompanying fair-ish skin. I didn't know about coconut oil having sunscreen properties. Thanks!Cool

I also didn't know about essential oils used for skincare. The first I heard about it was on this forum. I ordered some Decleor products because they appear to be more natural than my beloved Orlane and contain some oils.

Because your skin is hyper-sensitive too, would you mind telling me about your skincare regime? How do you cleanse and moisturize? Thanks!Very Happy
ramsi
5% products discount

Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I really love essential oils also, but this far I have only tried Decleor, and I've never dared to blend something myself.

How do you do this? Do you use them directly on the skin (think I've heard that would be too strong), or do you mix several of them together in a "neutral" oil? I also think I've heard some people mixing them in their moisturizer.
I think I'll have to find somewhere where I can get some of theese good oils too, to make my own specialized oils. My skin is abit sensitive to, and tend to react sometimes, but as I've understand you are all fine with it, and then I probably would be too. Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hello Alohagirl and Ramsi,

Thank's for your posts. I'll answer your questions as best as I can.

First of all, Alohagirl, I stand corrected on your ancestry. I, myself, have a European background with the fair skin and unfortuneately really hyper-hyper-hyper sensitive. I think I'm worse off than you.

Decleor is a good product line. The products do contain some chemicals/preservatives but the basis of their products is based on essential oils. Another product line, not sold here at EDS, but in health food stores is Dr. Hauschka. He works on the theory of rebalancing the skin which is also the basis of essential oils. He uses alot of "Rose" in his products and Rose is great for very dry or very oily skin as it rebalances the skin.

I do not blend my own oils because I do not have time for that. Most essential oils, except for Rosehip, are usually too strong for the skin so they are usually blended with carrier oils. This dilutes them and consequently one can put the oils all over the face. For this reason I usually order a "blend" from my favourite apothecary because they have the knowledge of blending the right oils and carrier oils together. For example, I am using a facial oil blend to help firm my skin so it is a mixture of: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Apricot Kernal (all carrier oils) and Rose Geranium, Cistus, Frankincense, Rosewood (all essential oils.) So, this blend is already made up at the apothecary and I just buy it all made up and blended and it's ready to put on my face, fresh from the bottle. There are blends to lift, cleanse, balance, moisturize, protect etc. You have a problem, they have the solution. I am also using a special blend that was made for me for hyperpigmentation. And I put on the two oils at the same time. I know what you're thinking - all that oil I should be breaking out. But, I haven't - not once.

I order my oils from my two favourite Canadian websites. They are my favourite because I know that their poducts are fresh, pure, distillled and blended by them. They have excellent service, have a professional staff, and will answer any questions you have and if you have a specific problem will even make up a special blend.

Therefore, right now everything I use is based on essential oils that I get from these two stores. My cleanser/toner/moisturizer are all pure essential oils. Under my moisturizer I will use either the lifting or hyperpigmentation blend or if I'm going to be in the sun one of the sun protective oils. Sometimes I'll substitute the toner with a hydrosol (that's a French discovery of distillation that leaves the essential oil in microparticles based in water that you spritz on your face.) It penetrates the skin and is therapeutic but a gentler way of using pure essential oil. I know this sounds like a lot of oil but I swear, everything just blends together and leaves a glow on the skin. You don't use a lot. So little that the oils will last for months.

This may sound complicated, but it is really a very easy regime and surprisingly less expensive than using commercial products. I am saving money and using products without chemical additives.

I know I'm being long winded again. But, I'm trying to say so much in such a little space. If I haven't answered your questions or if you have something else you want to know just ask away and I'll try to answer. I've been through a lot with my skin and it was hard to have to basically start a whole new skin regime because I was becoming too sesitive/allergic/reactive to the additives and preservatives in commercial products.
I did a lot of hard work researching the right skin care products for my skin type and I now thoroughly believe in the philosophy/results of essential oils. However, that being said I have nothing against commercial products and the skin care lines sold here at EDS. The problem is my skin. But, of all their products I have used Decleor and Dr. Renaud with very good results.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:50 am      Reply with quote
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Leeleedeedee! Unless you're a super- fast typist, you must have dedicated a good part of your day to that last post!

As always, I appreciate and learn from your detailed replies. I'm very excited about the idea of using essential oils. Because I'm prone to breakouts, I've always stayed away from anything labeled "oil." You, and others on the forum have convinced me that some oils actually prevent breakouts.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Decleor Hydra Floral set I ordered from EDS last week. (The last order arrived in only 3 days, so this one is driving me crazy--10 days and no sign of it. My post office said that's typical for this time of year though:() I also asked for samples of cleansers, so hopefully Magda threw in a sample of the cleansing oil Mabsy and others speak so highly of.

I'm willing to give Decleor a good try. If my skin doesn't tolerate it, I too will suspect preservatives or additives. In that case, I'd like to try the unadulterated essential oils that you use.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |