Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Remember when....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
My days before EDS were a simpler time. My life wasn't always in a frantic search for that next "must have item".

Remember when....
    You grandmother tried to give you castor oil? Not anymore, it's now kept in my bathroom!

Olive oil, the more virgin the better (but isn't that always the case Wink ) also, is no longer kept in a cabinet in the kitchen...that too is now taking up residence in the bathroom...

Yogurt? Honey? Yup...Bathroom...

Ah - where are the days when asprin went "in me" and not "on me"? In case your wondering, that is now in the kitchen instead of the bathroom for easier access to bowls and forks for mashing....

Then of course theres the ear wax removal drops that now whiten my teeth instead of gettin the 'taters out of someones ears.

But - no fear, I now use candles for that.

No more shaving creams, gels etc in my shower. Why you ask perplexed?? Confused That's passe' - it's all been replaced by the soybean oil that ALSO used to live in the kitchen, next to the extra virgin olive oil. Maybe that's good thing, wouldn't want those nasty soybeans deflowering the olives Shame on you

Then there's the tea bags and apple cidar vinegar......yup bathroom. Just not natural, just isn't right.

Hubby is ready to commit me to an asylum soon!! Not to mention his frustration not being able to find ANYTHING anymore!!

I'm not sure what planet CareKate comes from, but where does she come UP with this stuff? Now - kudos where due. Everything she suggests works like a charm. But - I'm becoming frightened. What's next?

I offered to be a guinea pig for an eyelash experiment. Which I'm quite excited about! Heck, a month ago I didn't think that my eyelashes were all that bad. Now I learn you can dye them, tint them, oh and let's not forget PERM them!! The quest for longer, thicker and no need for mascara lashes are a must have!! For cryin out loud! Rolling Eyes

All you ladies (and let's not forget the gents too) have been very helpful and friendly. Though the overflow of information can be maddening at times. Is it AM, then OCM with the DHCC? Or is it the other way around?

Yikes! We won't even begin to go into what I am supposed to be doing to my lips! But again hubby lookin on quizzically as I don't use the toothbrush for brushing teeth - I now use it to separate my too thin, too sparse lashes!!

Very Happy I've had my fun - just some random thoughts while I'm scoping thru my local CVS which I used to think was pretty well stocked but now think how dare they NOT carry the Lash lengthener as described on EDS!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Very funny post! Laughing

Along these lines.... I buy cheap, generic aspirin in 2 for 1 deals, so that I can put one bottle in the bathroom and one bottle in the kitchen, near the witch hazel that used to be in the bathroom because mixing the aspirin mask is easier in the kitchen! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Candy, my SO also thinks I'm not right in the head when I have all these beautifully scented products and I come to bed smelling of Apple Cider Vinegar!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Whew - Anxious

Glad everyone took my post with the humor that was intended.

Heh heh - you think he thinks you smell bed with the ACV? Wait til you try to use it on him!! Bad Grin Mine about had kittens!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Love the post Candy!! You hit the nail on the head!!

My SO asked me to stop talking about skin care because he said that the other day at work he over heard two ladies talking about their skin problems and he almost joined in their conversations to talk about what we (me really I just push it on him) were trying at home! He thinks I am turning him into a woman!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
That's ok - mine struts around the house after I do his treatments sayin 'can you see the difference?'. I'm creating a monster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Its GREAT to know I'm not the only one who does all this stuff!!! I even started keep the ear drops beside my toothpaste.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I know - but don't tell anyone, they'll think you're nuts too! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Cute post! I know just how you feel. I was just adding small bottles of EVOO and Honey to my grocery list so that I could keep these smaller sizes in the bathroom. My gigantic bottle of olive oil was taking up way too much space!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |