Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you use for deep wrinkles around your mouth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Candy, you are very naughty!

I like that in a person. Laughing
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:

Do not encourage that girl Laughing !!
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that Retin-A is probably the most powerful topical to address rebuilding the collagen and fading out finer lines. But if you are closer to having "folds" rather than lines, I think the fillers would give you the best results- Restylane, Sculptra, etc. I use excellent wrinkle-relaxers (Relax Vialox, SuperMax serum, etc.)but I have to say they cannot do much for the laxity that occurs as we age in that cheek area. You might also want to check the threads for "facial flex" since some believe working those muscles out helps to maintain firmness, too.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
well bottom half of my face was def not pretty, I can tell ya that, funniest part is I had given my sister some samples the dr gave me, Laughing we met for lunch and she looked the same...omg it was a funny afternoon!!!

Laughing Laughing That is sooo hilarious!
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
BBD wrote:

Do not encourage that girl Laughing !!

rofl
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Mine are not gone completely yet, but I have noticed a real difference using retinol products. (I haven't tried Retin-A, but I'm sure it would work better.) Mine were deep enough that I was considering Resty because I thought that was all that would help, but after 2 months of use, I'm not really considering injections anymore.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I should've added: Frownies do really work, but you can get the same effect with some stiff medical tape, as long as the adhesive doesn't irritate your skin.

Strange thing, though: my cat always ripped frownies off my face! Laughing
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I should've added: Frownies do really work, but you can get the same effect with some stiff medical tape, as long as the adhesive doesn't irritate your skin.

Frownies, yes - scotch tape NO, right MM??

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:

Heh heh heh.....I still have my moments....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I used Obagi Blender early in the year and it did help. it is blended with Retin A to help it penetrate more.

BUT now I have been using Lancome ReSurface Microderabrasion (I rub pretty hard above my lip) and then Revive Booster C to help it heal afterwards.

Over a year ago it was so bad, I DID use Resty but it did not do much for that area. I don't respond to it well, my lips went down in about 5 weeks I think.

THIS combo has made a real difference with me. I usually take before and afters to show everyone that I really do have results with the products I use. But I did not think of doing that this time and not for that area. Wish I did.

PS. REALLY helped with my crow's feet as well.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, no scotch tape!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Tosca wrote:

Frownies, yes - scotch tape NO, right MM??

Laughing Laughing def NO NO NO SCOTCH TAPE ON UR EYE LIDS or you'll Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad , lmao!!!!

and for those of you wondering WTH...I umm had this bright idea to try scotch tape on eyelids in order to block the dye while dying my lashes, big stupid idea!!!! good news was I lost no lashes, only about 3 layers of skin!!!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ha! Ha! Melissia Marie, I had a similar experience with lash dying, but I used medical tape. The tape works so much better than the vaseline at keeping the dye off you skin and letting it get on the lashes. It's the pulling it off part that sucks. Shock I, too lost a bit of skin!! BAD IDEA!! I had actually forgotten about that.
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
What are frownies?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, noleRN! Here's a link so you can take a look. A lot of other places sell them too. They're these little adhesive paper things you stick to your face that keep you from squinting or frowning. Great if you frown in your sleep like I do.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=88295&catid=47206&brand=34921&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=47206&trxp2=88295&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tosca. So I just stick a piece of paper on my wrinkles and they disappear? Sounds too good to be true. How long does it take to see results?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, basically! Laughing Laughing I saw results right away (the next morning, but remember, I frown while sleeping.), but the results fade out as the day goes on. I think I had permanent results in less than a month though. I'm sure it would be greatly sped along by using a good product at the same time, which I wasn't doing when I first started using them. They pretty much made my forehead 11's gone and are keeping them gone. I used to frown horribly when I was concentrating, so mine were worse than they probably should have been.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca, I know you wrote this a while back. Are you still using frownies & happy with the results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Tosca, I know you wrote this a while back. Are you still using frownies & happy with the results?

I'm still using them, and I'm still happy with the results. If it weren't for these, I'd be lining up for botox by now, but with them, I don't have any forehead lines at all most of the time.

If I run out of frownies, medical tape works just as well, but it does leave a little of the adhesive on my skin that I have to remove with emu oil the next morning. You could try that first instead of investing in the frownies. I usually use the clear breathable type that's about an inch wide. I think it's made by 3M.
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought frownies a week ago and they came in the mail today, the ones for my forehead, I have some emerging vertical lines that are getting deeper by the day. I will start using them and let everyone know how they work.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:13 am      Reply with quote
porkchop wrote:
I said wrinkles around my mouth but I guess I should have said the deep lines that go from the corner of your nose down towards the corner of your mouth and also the vertical deep lines that go from the corner of your mouth to your chin.

Thanks for the replies so far

I know exactly what you're talking about b/c I used to have them pretty deep. These are my laugh lines b/c I just love to laugh (so bad for my crow's feet and these annoying lines from my nose to my mouth which I heard them called nasolabial lines?).

My laugh lines are actually not so deep any more, and while I cannot pinpoint to ONE product, I think it's a combination of the night treatment cream made by Orjene Organics I am using with added actives (coQ10, GABA, ester C, melatonin, and DMAE). Also getting enough sleep seems to help soften all lines on my face. Taking 4 g of MSM a day seems to help my skin to be firmer. I am also starting to put some squalane and argan oil on my face to hydrate the driest parts. I have super dry skin. I am also using LightStim but I really don't think it's the one that does the trick for my laugh lines. I seriously think it's the Orjene Organics mostly and after I added actives to it, it got much better. However the actives made Orjene Organics quite dry, and I recently added AntiOx booster to it, and as I said, I am now putting oil on my face.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I have those lines from my nose to my mouth too. I don't think it's from laughing. In my case, it's most likely from smoking. Sad I tried using Retinol (from PSF) before, but it was too harsh and irritating for my skin as my skin is very dry and super sensitive. So, now I'm just putting Sisley Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream on those lines. I don't know if it's helping as I only just started, but I have friends who've tried and it works really well for them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
how about the "8-hours" cream?? it receives many good comments. Laughing
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I had Restylane injections done twice -- the last time was December 2004. My nasolabial lines are completely gone, and the skin there is even smoother than I recall it being in my 20's (I'm 48 now).

I recently saw the plastic surgeon who did my injections, and he told me that sometimes these injections can stimulate the body to produce it's own collagen, and that this had apparently happened in my case.

I immediately made an appointment to have the little lines around my mouth done (like smoker's lines, although I don't smoke), thinking that maybe this little miracle might repeat itself ... he used something called Captiva for these lines and also used some Botox. I think that the goal with the Botox is to retrain the muscles of the mouth, but there are certain things I cannot do right now such as drink through a straw or blow on hot soup, although I can purse my lips. I'm glad that this Botox will eventually wear off and if I can get these wrinkles to go away, it will be very worth it to me!

And if they don't go completely away, now that I've found this board, I'm looking forward to trying some of the products that you all have mentioned!
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
A lovely, creative, funny, smart, kind EDS'er sent me a box of Frownies. (hint???) Do the Frownies stick OVER your nightly serums and creams? Or do you have to leave that spot bare, so the Frownie will stick?

Thank you.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |