Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:
Bethany - good to hear about your positive progress!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It is quite amazing how H2O2 eats up abnormal tissue, and does not impact negatively healthy tissue.

Actually, it did some very significant damage to some healthy skin on my legs, but I am chalking that up to operator error because I did not put it on thin enough and droplets sat and ate up my healthy skin. Embarassed

But on another positive note, I have been hit VERY hard with a major relapse on my systemic yeast infection, and I just read that 35% H2O2 is one of the few things that Candida cannot become resistant to. I will be adding it to my drinking water, believe it or not! (in VERY small quantities, of course).

Poor Bethany, I'm so sorry to hear about all your leg "owies"... That really sux. I don't know if it would work for H202 - but I know that when I used the GA - I used a very tiny paintbrush - which seemed to work well. It helped me control the amount I was applying - and made sure that I didn't get any "drips" while painting the SKs... Maybe that might work for next time? (Maybe even apply multiple thin layers of H202 - instead of one drippy one?) Just wondering...

I would definitely see if the Retin A will help speed up the cell turnover and speed the healing process. Perhaps some warm compresses too - just to see if it will help increase blood circulation in the upper skin layers? (I know my nurse friends always suggest warm compresses to help fade bruises because the heat helps increase blood flow and circulation - I imagine it would work the same for your "owies"?)

As for drinking H202 - I'm sure you will be very careful... Sorry to hear about your systemic yeast infection. That sounds like a tough deal! Crying or Very sad

Just use with caution, please? I know the vet told me to use OTC H202 to induce vomiting in my dogs (after they ate bad things!). We wouldn't want you to have feel *that* bad!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
I know the vet told me to use OTC H202 to induce vomiting in my dogs (after they ate bad things!). We wouldn't want you to have feel *that* bad!

I had to do the same thing for my dogs after the ate grapes. So, I second being careful with ingesting H202!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I found a whole schedule on the number of drops to use per 8oz glass...after seeing what it did to my flesh, I will be VERY careful!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I found a whole schedule on the number of drops to use per 8oz glass...after seeing what it did to my flesh, I will be VERY careful!

I'll keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for you. Let us know how it works!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
This is very interesting to me since I have four large SKs and a mass of smaller ones that came up all around my belly-button a couple of years ago. I'm going to order the hydroxide but I'm wondering if anyone has tried salicylic acid (the Scholl corn-removing liquid variety). It dries the skin dramatically and it peels off. I'll experiment and let everyone know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
This is very interesting to me since I have four large SKs and a mass of smaller ones that came up all around my belly-button a couple of years ago. I'm going to order the hydroxide but I'm wondering if anyone has tried salicylic acid (the Scholl corn-removing liquid variety). It dries the skin dramatically and it peels off. I'll experiment and let everyone know.

Hi Antonia,

I believe that SKs can be treated with salicylic acid... I'm not sure with what percentage solution, though...

From the website of the International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology:

SEBORRHEIC KERATOSIS

Seborrheic keratoses (SKs) are one of the most common skin growths occurring on older adults. These brownish to pale lesions, sometimes even black, are flat or slightly elevated papules or plaques ranging from a few millimeters to over 2.5 cm in diameter. They can present as solitary or - more commonly - clustered lesions, on the face, neck, chest, back and extremities. Their waxy, scaly surface gives a “stuck on” appearance. Although typically harmless, they can be “dangerous-looking,” when there are brown – black discolorations, becoming reminiscent of a melanoma.

It is unclear what causes the appearance of SKs. Because they occur in families, some observers have thought genetics might play a role, while other researchers have wondered if the human papillomavirus (wart) virus might cause SKs. There are even those who have noted more SKs inpatients with more UV light exposure. In any event, they are more common with advancing age and have been called old-age marks and seborrheic warts.

SKs acquire time to develop. Unless they suddenly appear in clusters, they remain harmless. These lesions are painless, but, sometimes, they may be associated with itching, leading to redness from scratching. They can be clinically diagnosed during a routine dermatologic examination and further confirmed by histopathologic sampling, when there is concern.

Treatment for asymptomatic SKs is not necessary. The reasons for removal include irritation from clothing or jewelery, picking by the patient or grandchildren, concern over skin cancer, or anxiety about malignancy on the part of a companion. There is no magic potent to eliminate or prevent SKs and treatment is by destruction: cryosurgery (freezing) with liquid nitrogen spray or q-tip applicator; curettage (scraping a special instrument); or electrocautery (burning with a Bovie® or Hyfercator® utilizing an electric needle). Chemicals, such as salicylic acid preparations, can be used to peel down the lesions.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to pop in and mention that I started applying emu oil to my H2O2 ravaged spots, and it is making a HUGE difference. The red area on my chest where I treated 2 spots shrunk by 50% over a day and a half....woo hoo!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm...I don't like the "unless they suddenly appear in clusters" bit. Thanks for sharing that! I am going to book with the derm and see what's going on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Hmm...I don't like the "unless they suddenly appear in clusters" bit. Thanks for sharing that! I am going to book with the derm and see what's going on.

Always a good idea, whenever you have any questions! It's always better to be safe than sorry - especially when it concerns your body and your health. Keep us posted!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
This is an update - My skin on the back where I originally mass-treated SK is still clear and nice. I did H2O2 maintenance baths just a few times, and since I was not consistent with them, I did another one time 30-35% glycolic acid treatment on the entire surface about 6-8 weeks ago. I did not see anything there, but decided to do it just in case for maintanance. This time the back peeled similar to mild sunburn, and it took about a week or so to get back to normal. And everything there looks perfect!
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
This is an update - My skin on the back where I originally mass-treated SK is still clear and nice. I did H2O2 maintenance baths just a few times, and since I was not consistent with them, I did another one time 30-35% glycolic acid treatment on the entire surface about 6-8 weeks ago. I did not see anything there, but decided to do it just in case for maintanance. This time the back peeled similar to mild sunburn, and it took about a week or so to get back to normal. And everything there looks perfect!

Wow, 30-35% GA on your entire back??? Scary!! That must have stung like heck!!! Did you rinse off afterwards? (You do know that GA doesn't self neutralize and keeps eating down into the layers of skin if not washed off, right??)

You must have much tougher skin than me! I'm impressed!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny - since I was spraying it onto a large surface, the concentration might be not as high as if applied directly. Also when more impact desired it could be sprayed in several layers, I sprayed only one layer. I did not rinse it off, and it stung like hell.... I have very fair skin of the palest shade. When it peeled the skin underneath was bright pink (or pale red), good that it was not summer, and I wore fall cloths.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
taobunny - since I was spraying it onto a large surface, the concentration might be not as high as if applied directly.

Whew, I'm relieved. I was getting sympathetic pains just thinking of applying it as a liquid application!! Shock
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Update: three evenings ago, I applied the 17% Scholls Salicylic Acid corn/callus remover to the SKs on my shoulders and tummy. I repeated twice a day and, this morning, they peeled right off!!! I was going to spend a fortune having them lasered so I'm thrilled about this. I just put some on the teeny-weeny skin tags to the front of my underarms.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Anitonia - this is a great news! Very Happy We are finding new effective ways to combat that pesky things, and without spending lots of money!
Can you please provide a link to the product you used.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mpstat,

Here is is! http://www.shopinprivate.com/liqcorcalrem.html

You can get it in any drugstore in Canada and the US. Be careful not to smell it too close. It's like sniffing glue - gets you high.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Antonia! This one was 12.6% Salicylic Acid, you wrote that you used 17% so I assume that they produce the product in different strengths.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Be careful not to smell it too close. It's like sniffing glue - gets you high.

And you say that, like it's a bad thing... ROFL! (I know, I'll sniff this and *then* dermaroll!!) Laughing
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Update: three evenings ago, I applied the 17% Scholls Salicylic Acid corn/callus remover to the SKs on my shoulders and tummy. I repeated twice a day and, this morning, they peeled right off!!! I was going to spend a fortune having them lasered so I'm thrilled about this. I just put some on the teeny-weeny skin tags to the front of my underarms.

Please let us know how it works on those teeny weeny skin tags. I keep getting them in the front of and under my armpits. Most bothersome. There's always something happening to us isn't there. Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
A quick update on my red spots from using H2O2...

I switched from emu oil to a tamanu/emu oil combination last night, and saw a reduction of redness by about 50% on my chest overnight. I will be applying this every night until these darned things are GONE!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I switched from emu oil to a tamanu/emu oil combination last night, and saw a reduction of redness by about 50% on my chest overnight. I will be applying this every night until these darned things are GONE!!

Awesome, great news, Bethany! What do you think the difference is between the emu and tamanu/emu that might be causing the beneficial reaction? Just curious...
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
That is great news Bethany. Are you also using this mix on your leg spots? How are they going?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
bethany wrote:

Awesome, great news, Bethany! What do you think the difference is between the emu and tamanu/emu that might be causing the beneficial reaction? Just curious...

Tao, tamanu oil is a very strong anti inflammatory...even stronger than emu oil. It is also antibacterial, antifungal, and has been proven to help heal wounds and avoid scars. You really only need to use it at a 50% concentration, so mixing it with emu oil is always a good bet (the best of both worlds). My chest is healing very quickly!

Mishey wrote:
That is great news Bethany. Are you also using this mix on your leg spots? How are they going?

Mishy, I am....unfortunately they are not healing at the same rate, but I have not given up hope yet. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Tao, tamanu oil is a very strong anti inflammatory...even stronger than emu oil. It is also antibacterial, antifungal, and has been proven to help heal wounds and avoid scars. You really only need to use it at a 50% concentration, so mixing it with emu oil is always a good bet (the best of both worlds). My chest is healing very quickly!

Oooh, sounds promising! Where do you get yours, Bethany, if you don't mind me asking?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
bethany wrote:

Oooh, sounds promising! Where do you get yours, Bethany, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry for the delay...I just saw this! I get mine from EssentialWholesale.com. They offer some small trial sizes, and then I ordered a pint (or a quart?) from them.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |