Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
younggma
5% products discount

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Jasminerosey, how often do you do the accupressure points - do you incorporate this with LouLou's exercises? Also, do you have a website?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
oh my gosh...check this out! I was surfing the web for facial exercises and found this
facial exercise ball! What a hoot! hmm

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THE PRODUCT THAT WILL GIVE YOU A FACELIFT WITHOUT SURGERY IN JUST 10 MINUTES A DAY?

Then you don’t want to miss the chance of looking younger BY USING THE ORIS VISTA FACE EXERCISE BALL
http://www.faceexerciseball.com/

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
I am just feeling brave enough to say what i really like about Loulou's approach to beauty through her exercises.. is that for me...it takes my focus off of my concern about losing my 'beauty' in a small, self-involved way,...and moves it toward a way of experiencing beauty..on all levels(including physical)... as the truth of my nature..and then letting go of everything that stands in the way of that...

and that feels so liberating ..and so real for me...and explains why I and my friends, clients, etc...look so much more beautiful when our focus is off of ourself.

Well said - love it. and so true. Thanks to Lou Lou for bringing forth and supporting that thought in her book and how she treats all of us and to Jasmine for pointing it out.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
oh my gosh...check this out! I was surfing the web for facial exercises and found this

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THE PRODUCT THAT WILL GIVE YOU A FACELIFT WITHOUT SURGERY IN JUST 10 MINUTES A DAY?

Then you don’t want to miss the chance of looking younger BY USING THE ORIS VISTA FACE EXERCISE BALL

I agree - what a hoot? and a gimmick. Massage and brush. Now we need a ball! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Next, we will be buying little face-sized yoga mats...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, you mentioned you go for broke with massage. What improvements do attribute to it?
If you were to stop, what changes do you think would happen? Thanks!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Well guess who owns one of those balls....moi!!
I bought it over 10 years ago from the Shopping Channel and forgot all about it until you just reminded me Shock
Like all exercise programmes, I went at it religiously, then fell off the wagon. But at the time it did a good job of my neck area - 'course I was 10 years younger. I'd need the industrial strength one now!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Massage seems to help firm up the skin and keep lymph drainage good so that puffiness isn't an issue. I might not be able to do my facial exercises but I always do the massage and I don't get exact about a technique. I have had to stop facial exercises during a period of time due to dental work and kept the massage going and my face looked fine. If I didn't do the massage I think it would affect the firmness of my skin. Have I ever stopped massage since I have started? No it is kinda like brushing my teeth, I always do it because I like the way it feels and it is relaxing. I don't always go for broke because I don't need to. Sometimes 3-5 minutes is fine other times while watching TV I will do more, no hard fast rule.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:45 am      Reply with quote
My broken capillaries looked worse for about a month before getting better. The irritation and bagginess under the eyes started looking better after about three weeks.

I was about 42 when I started doing facial exercises and 44 when I started brushing my face. I had been brushing my body for years but always read the warnings about not brushing the face or breasts, until I started looking at various forums such as flex effect. I now also brush my breasts, just avoiding the nipples and areola. It certainly hasn't done them any harm!

I don't really have any wrinkles, but brushing and massaging my face made the skin around my eyes look thicker and firmer, and I don't get as much under eye puffiness now. It also made the skin on my neck and chest look thicker and firmer and the pores on my face look a little smaller.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Youngmama,

I actually do acupressure quite often during the day...always when I apply my diy serums (about 3 times a day)..and then whenever it feels good to do it. It really is enlivening for me..so if I'm spending time on the computer for example...even while posting here..I will periodically take some moments off and press facial acupressure points...it becomes like second nature...(I don't necessarily press all of them...and I don't do it just for beauty..but because it brings a sense of vitality and clarity as well)

Also, please PM me if you'd like to know my website, I'd be glad to share it with you that way.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I'm so sorry younggma, I had meant to check your name before sending my last post..but clicked 'submit' just as I was remembering to do so!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
LOL glad I could help. I know what you mean though re the puzzle, its something I too noticed in the beginning, but like most things its a foundation to work from and the longer you do it the better you get at it and recognizing it etc. Plus there is no set one way.... there are many ways to the one destination!
jasminerosey wrote:
Thanks Sean, that was a real Ahhaaa experience for me...regarding facial sagging...I can see/intuit things so much clearer and powerfully now about my own facial issues.

sometimes all this 'beauty seeking' feels like a big puzzle..with all the pieces needing to fit together just right for each individual
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Toby is right re massage, but also massage is great for improving the circulation to the areas around the muscles (connective tissue and skin itself). It definitely improves the quality, tone and strength of those parts and I always remember Deb attributing half her success to the fact that she massages (and really she was one of the first people I knew of who really promoted it as a technique to people).

Charis… when people begin massage, they seem to begin noticing its benefits in a very short space of time and like Toby has said…. After you have been doing it for a while it becomes second nature so much so that you can find yourself doing it without noticing. I personally like to do my massage when I am applying my cleanser and/or moisturiser (particularly round the eyelids). Its one of those things you do it a couple of times and then you see the improvements and it motivates you to keep on.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I You Tubed facial massage yesterday and found some interesting techniques to use. I really did a number on my face Monday (I think I narrowed it down to a combo of the Stim, something I used prior to the Stim and my new cleanser) and I tell ya, my face looked absolutely horrible all day yesterday and Monday night! Red, irritated, baggy, dry patches...I thought my face was going to fall off and suffer permanent damage. Shock
But anyway, laid off everything yesterday except a cleaning, some Emu and a lovely light facial massage from my 15 year old daughter...

I have to say, she did a wonderful job with the massage and I may just have to hire/bribe her somehow in to doing these on a daily basis!!Bad Grin ....but later on that night well after the massage session, my face did look tons better than it did earlier in the day. Not sure what it did to my face, but it really did ease some of the trouble I was having...today, my face looks tons better (Thank goodness!!!) So today, back to the exercises and will definitely be doing the massage as well. Not sure if I will Stim today, I may just lay off that another day just to be safe.....now, what to bribe her with for that massage....hmmmm..... hmm

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
lily1971 wrote:
Wow that a lot of bad reviews. Personally, I used the product for 90 days.... like they tell you to.... and I have great results. The best ones are the eye cream and the night fluid. If you use it like the directions say, it does work.

Somehow I think Lily is NOT taking about Ageless. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
lily1971 wrote:
Wow that a lot of bad reviews. Personally, I used the product for 90 days.... like they tell you to.... and I have great results. The best ones are the eye cream and the night fluid. If you use it like the directions say, it does work.

Somehow I think Lily is NOT taking about Ageless. Confused

Think you're right...the comment flew right over this head tho' the brain might be frozen from yet another driving snow storm here...

Have been doing both the exercises and massage for about a month+ & have noticed a remarkable difference in skin tone/firmness. Not to mention my skin/muscles feel alive after their workouts. But at first la visage didn't look too good, close to but not big 'uglies'. Thankfully that has passed and now, big change in all areas.

All for $10 - what can beat it?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
lily1971 wrote:

Whah??? Did I miss something here?? hmm...I coulda swore we were discussing facial exercise and here we were talking about face creams and the whole time!!! Laughing

Arya...so you're saying that your face at first responded by looking worse before it got better with the exercises and massage? The thought of the uglies always scares me...seeing I had a nice little episode of self inflicted uglies the last few days! ha ha...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
lily1971 wrote:

Whah??? Did I miss something here?? hmm...I coulda swore we were discussing facial exercise and here we were talking about face creams and the whole time!!! Laughing

Arya...so you're saying that your face at first responded by looking worse before it got better with the exercises and massage? The thought of the uglies always scares me...seeing I had a nice little episode of self inflicted uglies the last few days! ha ha...

Yeah it didn't look great & I think Sean has explained why this might happen. I'm a little fearless (oxymoron isn't it?) so I was quite aggressive with my initial exercises - still am in fact - so the science of what was happening in my muscles and skin when they were suddenly being aggressively worked precipitated a tired look to the face. I persevered and voilà, suddenly a big improvement. At first it was gradual, which I noticed about a week ago, and then yesterday, I saw a remarkable difference, and same today.

Skin is much firmer, face slimmer, cheeks higher, eyes more awake looking, jowls tho' not a major problem are improved too.

Takes time for the body to fully respond to the messages it's receiving but it does.

Go ahead, you won't be disappointed.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

A short period of the uglies can be well worth it...and I would rather do it while I am single and just focusing on me. No dating while I am dieting and rejuvenating my skin! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bren21 wrote:

A short period of the uglies can be well worth it...and I would rather do it while I am single and just focusing on me. No dating while I am dieting and rejuvenating my skin! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing....AMEN to that one Bethany!! Here's to us single gals!! I've definitely been having ups and downs with my face the last few months and I can tell you I am most certainly glad I'm single at the moment....this of course will allow me to concentrate on "fine tuning" the face so that when I am ready to hit the dating scene, I'm gonna knock those men on their arses!!!! (And hopefully in a positive way!) Bad Grin

Perhaps I should start massaging my face a bit more vigorously...

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
bethany wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing....AMEN to that one Bethany!! Here's to us single gals!! I've definitely been having ups and downs with my face the last few months and I can tell you I am most certainly glad I'm single at the moment....this of course will allow me to concentrate on "fine tuning" the face so that when I am ready to hit the dating scene, I'm gonna knock those men on their arses!!!! (And hopefully in a positive way!) Bad Grin

Perhaps I should start massaging my face a bit more vigorously...

Exactly!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I should have mentioned in my earlier post that I started skin brushing the same week as the Ageless Exercises and having tolerant skin, I decided to be quite aggressive with it as well (after the 3rd day...)

Perhaps the combination of the 2, the exercises and the brushing, have been the cause of this sudden change in my skin. Whatever, I'm very happy with the results.

Much better circulation, colour and smoother skin can be added to my earlier post.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
I should have mentioned in my earlier post that I started skin brushing the same week as the Ageless Exercises and having tolerant skin, I decided to be quite aggressive with it as well (after the 3rd day...)

Perhaps the combination of the 2, the exercises and the brushing, have been the cause of this sudden change in my skin. Whatever, I'm very happy with the results.

Much better circulation, colour and smoother skin can be added to my earlier post.

Arya2,

What brush are you using? I have a facial brush, but it feels like it would scratch up my skin if I was to brush too hard. I've been doing the exercises over a month and am very happy too. My complexion is looking good but I want to brush instead of using the vaculift for awhile. Just to change up the routine alittle Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Boski, what about this one? Earth Theraputics makes a bunch of skin brushes, but this is the only one labled for the face.

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Therapeutics-Therapy-Complexion-Brush/dp/B001G7PWI6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8

Editing to add: Here is another model:

http://vitanetonline.com/description/EU0141/vitamins/Softouch-Complexion-Brush-Travel-Edition/

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Here are a few more facial brushes:

This one has natural bristles:
http://www.amazon.com/New-England-Earthline-Skincare-Products/dp/B000VV0JNQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1231384486&sr=1-8

A Japanese one:
http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Soft-Massaging-Cleansing-Brush/dp/B000BR38KG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1231384622&sr=1-5

One from Dermalogica:
http://www.amazon.com/Dermalogica-Exfoliating-Face-Brush/dp/B00120SSKG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1231384674&sr=1-9

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |