Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
ok333's log - one 50+ year old's journey
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Wow! What a great, organised way to track your changes!

I see massive improvement in the neck area. I believe that is a huge target area for many people.

Thanks for posting your progress!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with anya. I don't think a face lift would make that much of a difference a this point. You've already given yourself a face lift. Rock on! Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
I have yet to post about this, but my one of my heroes, Dr, Bob Marshall (Ph.D. Biochemistry), says you can keep from getting turkey/waddle neck by putting a concoction of pregnenolone, progesterone, and dhea (all hormones) on the underside of your neck. I've been doing this for 4 or 5 years now (since menopause) and indeed have not gotten turkey neck.

Inky, I am intrigued. Does he have anything I can read on this? My AALS has visibly improved my wattle Confused but I'd love to improve it more. (Or does the cream only prevent, not treat existing wattledge?)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
I have yet to post about this, but my one of my heroes, Dr, Bob Marshall (Ph.D. Biochemistry), says you can keep from getting turkey/waddle neck by putting a concoction of pregnenolone, progesterone, and dhea (all hormones) on the underside of your neck. I've been doing this for 4 or 5 years now (since menopause) and indeed have not gotten turkey neck.

Inky, I am intrigued. Does he have anything I can read on this? My AALS has visibly improved my wattle Confused but I'd love to improve it more. (Or does the cream only prevent, not treat existing wattledge?)

I emailed the company and asked them to send something to me but they haven't. I don't think they explicitly state this in their literature anyway, from what I can recall. I used to listen to his radio program, which is where I heard it. He said he uses it. I've used it for a long time and don't have a 'waddle'.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Woohoo... my skin looks better than it has in years this morning!

Not sure if its cumulative (finally) and/or all the new/semi-new things lately (estriol, hemp oil, eft, envision solution) or maybe even the previous dermarolling and/or retin a kicking in, but who cares - I'm doing the happy dance
Dancing Dancing Dancing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
ok333 wrote:
Woohoo... my skin looks better than it has in years this morning!

Not sure if its cumulative (finally) and/or all the new/semi-new things lately (estriol, hemp oil, eft, envision solution) or maybe even the previous dermarolling and/or retin a kicking in, but who cares - I'm doing the happy dance
Dancing Dancing Dancing

Congrats!

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
ok333,
I am just amazed at your result and how wonderful of you to share this journey with us. Your pictures are taken well and all of us can clearly see the change that has gone on. If you are pleased with your progress at six months, which you should be, just hang on more is to come. Great progress and so wonderful that you are sharing. This kind of sharing will empower
more people try to improve there face without relying on the knife Laughing
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Week 27 & 28
Hi everyone. As always, I appreciate every one's kind words and encouragement. I've been focusing on exercising & especially my neck the past weeks. Was looking forward to seeing big improvements in this weeks pics, but it's not there Neutral

In fact, after looking at these, I don't see much improvement in anything... after all this hard work. I've had tons of work stress - and sure that factors in, but I do feel discouraged at this point.

As it usually does, I hope this - will pass, as part of the process & especially that your week has been better than mine, ok333

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Please don't get discouraged.. You have wonderful changes and improvements over these past 6 months..

I haven't seen your pictures in a while, so here's what a fresh set of eyes are seeing;

- lovely, more awake and youthful eyes
- reduced swelling on upper eye area
- significantly smoother + tighter entire under eye area
- tighter + firmer through entire mid-face
- more definition of cheeks, with a lovely tapering mid through lower face
- smoother + firmer around entire mouth
- disappearing NL folds, with outstanding softening.
- firmer, more defined jawline (look at the profile again...everything has started to pull up and back amazingly!)
- and last but not least, the dreaded turkey waddle is a thing of the past.. OMG, it's extraordinary..

I'd also add that to me you look a minimum of 5 years younger than in the before pictures.. Your skin is gorgeous, healthy, vibrant, clear and very youthful looking.. Even your eyes look younger and more vibrant..

Take a break from the mirror and the pictures for a bit, and bask in your new found gorgeousness... And be oh so proud of yourself, that you did it all on your own..

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with all of us. You are truly an inspiration...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
OK,

You are getting younger looking. And don't forget, at the age you are at right now, physical aging usually accelerates significantly. If you were to just hold on to the state you were in 6 months ago, as you seem to be thinking you are, then that is reason alone to be happy. But you really are looking younger.

I can understand the - feeling. We all get it. Just push through and it will pass. You are beautiful and you definitely do NOT need any type of plastic surgery.

harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I too see a difference in your before and current pictures. You have lovely bone structure and a beautiful face and tweaking the skin tone, firmness, clarity is just a bonus on top of that. I am inspired to try the facial exercises after seeing your results.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I think you are looking great, OK333. You look a lot "fresher", your skin tone is very nice, and I think your eye area looks a lot better, as well as the area under your chin. There is not a drastic difference to me in your before and afters, but there is definite improvement. I think you are showing everyone what consistent use of topicals realistically can/cannot do. I really appreciate your updates and look forward to checking in and seeing your photos. I love watching your journey!
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ALL for your support. It really does help me to read your responses & thoughts. I hesitate to reply sometimes as i don't want to bump up my log just for that reason... but please know that I do read (over & over Smile) and appreciate each & every post very much!

No one in my 3d life seems to understand...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
ok333 wrote:
Thank you ALL for your support. It really does help me to read your responses & thoughts. I hesitate to reply sometimes as i don't want to bump up my log just for that reason... but please know that I do read (over & over Smile) and appreciate each & every post very much!

No one in my 3d life seems to understand...

We understands and support you. And you have no idea how inspirational you are to us! Keep on keeping on girl. You are doing a terrific job. You do not need to hack up your face with plastic surgery. You really are looking beautiful.

Edit:

Some of the effects of dermarolling don't start showing up until about 6 months after you roll, I believe, so you will probably start seeing faster signs of collagen growth here soon.

lazydazy29
5% products discount

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
No one in your 3D life needs to understand.

WE are ALL in awe of you! There's nobody else who dare post full face pics of themselves without make up. I wouldn't even dare post pics of myself with make up and I'm a few years behind you. Well done and thank you so much.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
lazydazy29 wrote:

WE are ALL in awe of you! There's nobody else who dare post full face pics of themselves without make up. I wouldn't even dare post pics of myself with make up and I'm a few years behind you. Well done and thank you so much.

Very well said and I totally agree! Ok333, please don't hesitate to reply just because it will bump your thread. I truly believe you are showing realistic results with topical products. I think everyone should read this thread and become aware of what topicals do, and how long it takes, etc.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
ok333 wrote:
Week 27 & 28
In fact, after looking at these, I don't see much improvement in anything... after all this hard work. I've had tons of work stress - and sure that factors in, but I do feel discouraged at this point.

Hi ok333, I've been following your progress with interest. I do see a visible improvement, especially in your lower face, jawline and neck, which seem to be lifted and tauter. It's as if you're slowly reversing your aging - you're younging! Keep up the good work, it's very inspiring.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
lazydazy29 wrote:

Very well said and I totally agree! Ok333, please don't hesitate to reply just because it will bump your thread. I truly believe you are showing realistic results with topical products. I think everyone should read this thread and become aware of what topicals do, and how long it takes, etc.

HUGS & THANKS Lazy & Riley.. and also to Inky & all my other followers. Got it. Razz

Ok, well so... you're right. I guess I forgot about it, but one of the reasons I started this thread was that no on else on here had posted lots of full view, front on, non-cropped pictures, just words & tidbits & bits & pieces scattered about. It frustrated me as I'm so visual....

So, thanks for the reminder that I'm not the only one (who likes seeing the whole pic... good, bad, no change) Bad Grin

And for those of you who might consider posting your pictures (inky???) I'll say just this: nothing bad has happened to me... Really.

Thanks again, hanging in there, ok333

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
ok333 wrote:

And for those of you who might consider posting your pictures (inky???) I'll say just this: nothing bad has happened to me... Really.

Thanks again, hanging in there, ok333

Well Missy, you happen to be in luck Laughing because I did post my pic a while ago w/o makeup or even brushing my hair. (hee hee)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33423&highlight=

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ok333, do you have any updates? Very Happy
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I think my picture killed her...

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

LMAO. That is too funny, inky! Laughing

(Though, now I will worry about her until she posts.)
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
HI, Everybody, Anyone in this age group dry brushing? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

Funny. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, Everybody, Anyone in this age group dry brushing? Smile

I am. I'll be 52 tomorrow. Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |