Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eye Color Lightening????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ishmira

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:36 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:

Ishmira,
after the 12 week point, please send me a pic, privately. i will keep it private. promise! i would love to see. so excited!

i'm going to check out the isis website again now. its probably in the states? i'm in canada.... where are u? i just get soooooo worried if i have to order from the US. canada customs always gives me a nice added fat bill to puchases.

please keep us update! Very Happy

Sure! No prob, and I appreciate your respect for my privacy. Send me a message and I'll reply to confirm.

I'm in Manhattan,New York. Canada shouldn't be too bad, I get my orders in like 3 days. I know that customs clearance is a different story though. Wow they charge you to get packages!? Why!? I thought the courier is supposed to take care of that. I order things from over seas and they never charge more when they drop it off. A few people I know order meds from Canada and they come through the regular mail. hmm I say contact the company before ordering and see what they say.

P.S.
I'm excited too! Dancing Laughing Dancing
Sorry, I just had to do the *teenage-girl jump/screem/giggling uncontrollably dance*, like Reece Witherspoon.Laughing
Ishmira

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:59 am      Reply with quote
purpleheart wrote:
Ishmara, I would love for this product to work. I don't think the pictures on Isis's website are too convincing, which is why I would prefer pictures from third parties who have had success before I try it.

That said, assuming what you said is true, I have a couple questions for you. Why is it that people who use Lumigan or Latisse have a permanent darkening of their irises? Is melanocyte activity increased in perpetuity even after use of the product is discontinued? This is what made me believe that melanocytes do not function in irises in a way that is identical to elsewhere in the body: the effects of lightening or darkening products on hair and skin end after use of the products is discontinued, because we are constantly making new skin and hair, but we don't constantly make new eyes. This is what led me to my presumption, not Google; you need not assume that my thoughts were retrieved online.

Also, you say that melanocytes are constantly producing pigment, regardless of where they are (hair, skin, eyes), and that halting production will cause a lightening effect. This is true. Why is it then, that after the cessation of arbutin use on skin, it will gradually re-darken, whereas after discontinuing use of the Isis arbutin drops on eyes, there is no re-darkening (it says on Isis's website that the change is permanent). There must be something biologically different about pigment production in skin and pigment production in eyes.

Please know that I mean no hostility in asking these questions, and if you could answer them for me in a way that is accurate and non-confrontational, I would be very grateful.

I feel what you're saying but, your belief about Lumigan contradicts what you said about melanocytes/eyecolor/etc in your earlier comment AND this one. If Lumigan makes eyes darker what does that mean? Think.... It's obvious Lumigan (latisse) increases production on melanin if it's making things darker. DUHHH Laughing Lumigan darkens anything it touches, they tell you that in the warning/side effect section. "Lumigan has been reported to cause darkening (pigmentation) of eye color, eyelid skin and eyelashes, as well as increased growth of eyelashes. Pigmentation changes can increase as long as LUMIGAN® 0.03% is used. After stopping LUMIGAN® 0.03%, darkening of eye color is likely to be permanent while darkening of the eyelid skin and eyelash changes may be reversible"

It's ok that I assumed that you googled your info from an unreliable source because it was incorrect, misinformation and speculation.

Listen, skin is an organ. We don’t *make* or develop NEW skin. If you were skinned you alive you’re not growing anything back, including hair. And hair itself is just an extension of the skin. If skin is damaged, depending on how severe, hair won’t grow there anymore. Skin proceeds hair. Hair is not independent of skin. Regardless of what you make think/belive. Now....Skin is always *renewing* itself, every 30 days (sheds), sheds hair, and grows 0.3mm of hair per day.

Ponder this, if you use 3% hydrogen peroxide on your scalp for an extended amount of time not only will it bleach your existing hair, new hair will automatically come in gray even after you stop. Depending on how long this is done the hair will take a while to regain it's natural color. This again has to do with the destruction of melanocyes & regaining melanin production. People that have used hydroquinone for yrs have reported permanent lightening, meaning they had no problem with their original skin color coming back BUT if they were to out side in the sun they are going to get darker regardless.

First of all, the eyes are an organ and no we aren’t making those either. Uh, same analogy. Eyes are a mucus membranes, they don't shed layers of tissue the same way skin does but they are constantly renewing themselves & shedding cellular wastes like skin. YES the eyes are always making new material & cleaning themselves if they didnt then thats when the problems start (i.e glaucoma, cateracts, etc). Side Bar: Every wondered what *eye boogers* were? Look it up Laughing

You need to first understand these body parts/organs you speak of rather than *assuming* everything . That also includes melanin/pigment and everything about it.

You also need to understand what “permanent” means. Once you lighten your skin ( especially eyes) It is permanent. Meaning, after stopping use of whatever you’re using the lightened skin (or eyecolor) will stay that way. UNLESS you do something that causes increased production of melanin (darkening), like go outside in the sun and tan or use Lumigan in the eyes. Understand?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Just in case you haven't noticed - this entire Forum is full of people wanting to change how they look (including myself). In the course of doing so we often try Dermarollers, chemical peels, lasers, surgery etc. - you will find warnings from people included in any discussion on these topics. On the various threads on eyelash growth products, for instance, there are a number of discussions on the safety of Lumigan - thankfully though, these comments have always been taken with good grace.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
This thread has been moderated to remove some of the very unnecessary aggression and personal animosity. If you would like to participate in this discussion further then please make sure you do so without sarcasm or any personal attacks. Any posts that include those will be deleted irrespective of any useful content they may have. As long as members are respectful, civil and on topic, all opinions are welcome on this forum.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I would like very much to know where there are any studies (or any information) showing the safety of using Alpha Arbutin in ones eyes and at what percentage. I have searched every possible way I can imagine and haven't been able to locate anything related to it being used in the eyes.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Before trying this product, ask your ophthalmologist if she or he has read anything in the medical literature about this product or ingredients. I wouldn't listen to what anyone on an online forum says unless they are a doctor.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Before trying this product, ask your ophthalmologist if she or he has read anything in the medical literature about this product or ingredients. I wouldn't listen to what anyone on an online forum says unless they are a doctor.

I agree when it comes to anything beyond basic skin care or cosmetics, with my eyes or anyone I know I wholeheartedly agree! Also any reactions to products that last beyond a 24 hour period tops my motto is check with a qualified medical professional! I lean towards caution! Smile

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
well, isn't that sort of dangerous? and you could always just get contacts, you know. Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
flashdelirium wrote:
well, isn't that sort of dangerous? and you could always just get contacts, you know. Wink

Hi,
Well you missed a lot on this thread, most of us feel it's a definite unproven as far as safety goes. I spent as much time as I am willing too searching for any information and all that comes up is the sellers sight and forums discussing this. Smile

Welcome to the forum!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
About wearing colored contacts- I've never seen opaque lens that didn't look odd in real life. But there are special brands that are supposed to look a lot more natural than what you can buy in your drs office.

http://www.aclens.com/forums/default.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=1&tid=37984

Even if I wanted to I could never wear them. I'm lucky I've found a normal corrective lens that doesn't make me want to tear my eyes out. I did get tinted green contacts one time though. (not opaque,just tinted) They weren't very comfortable but they looked amazing. If your eyes are a light enough hazel tinted lens will work.
purpleheart

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:25 am      Reply with quote
If this product is legitimate, why do they need to use fake before/after pictures?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
purpleheart wrote:
If this product is legitimate, why do they need to use fake before/after pictures?

hmm Could be the same reason they were nasty in that email to a potential customer??? Neutral

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
ive read that using honey drops can lighten your eye colour - a more natural method to consider before going down this route maybe?? Idea

I have used it for pink eye before and it works really well - i just added it neat, a drop or two before bed.

I imagine you'd have to use it a fair while longer than a couple of nights to see any effect on eye colour though..

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
This is the forum where many are using either honey or a combination of honey and chamomile to DIY the lightening of their eyes. Smile

http://www.maybenow.com/Does-honey-really-lighten-the-color-of-your-eyes-without-wearing-colored-contacts-q6653494

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
mowgli wrote:
ive read that using honey drops can lighten your eye colour - a more natural method to consider before going down this route maybe?? Idea

I have used it for pink eye before and it works really well - i just added it neat, a drop or two before bed.

I'm willing to give the honey a try if it will help with dry eyes:

Quote:
Ayurvedic Herbs for Dry Eye
The most common natural Indian cures for dry are honey, ghee (clarified butter), sesame oil and a decoction made from fennel seeds. Honey, ghee and sesame oil help to moisten and comfort the eyes. You can place a few drops directly in the eye to relieve dryness. Of the three, honey has the most conventional research supporting its use. In a study published in the October 2006 issue of Cornea, researchers found that honey can help relieve the symptoms of dry eye due to a number of conditions.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5785894_natural-indian-cures-dry-eyes.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
That I can understand it's the Alpha Arbutin that I can't find anything about it's use in the eyes that would concern me! Smile

Off topic sort of but one cause of Dry Eyes that can easily be corrected is a Vitamin A deficiency, of course you would need to have a blood test to check for that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Alpha arbutin can certainly inhibit melanin production, and is *safe* (for the most part) to use on intact skin, for sun spots etc.. It is in fact 'hydroquinones' distant (safer/gentler) cousin in a way!.. (My silly words there, but a google will sort you all out.

Please, please, please, to anybody who is considering messing with their precious vision just to lighten their eye color, do some research and find out why "melanin" is so very important to not only our eyes, but to our very lives.. (head to toe BTW, including the brain!)

For the purpose of this thread, it's important for those who may not be aware to know, that melanin pigment of the iris is there to offer protection from UV rays, which can result in a loss of vision if it isn't filtered. Melanin is the filter, and the darker the eyes, the more melanin you have, and the more protection you have naturally.

Please know I'm not judging anyone, just sharing what I feel obliged to from a medical standpoint.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well, if they go blind using it, they won't be able to tell us. Shock

Honey is a natural disinfectant which is probably why it's been used as a food preservative for centuries. I'd still be a little nervous about putting it into my eyes. I'll stick with my Restasis, thank you.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I use alpha arbutin plus kojic acid dipalmitate on my skin ( face) to make the complexion overall clear and bright; it does work but I ll never use such things in my eyes...

I remember using pure lemon juice in my eyes in my late teens to make my eyes look crystal clear ( it did work too ) but now that I have all grown up, I ll never use it in my eyes again!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:17 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I use alpha arbutin plus kojic acid dipalmitate on my skin ( face) to make the complexion overall clear and bright; it does work but I ll never use such things in my eyes...

I remember using pure lemon juice in my eyes in my late teens to make my eyes look crystal clear ( it did work too ) but now that I have all grown up, I ll never use it in my eyes again!

OMG, daler lemon juice in your eyes! OUCH!!!

I was a pretty "throw caution to the wind" type in my youth but never tried that, cold cucumber slices have always done the trick for clear, bright, white eyes! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I was a pretty "throw caution to the wind" type in my youth but never tried that, cold cucumber slices have always done the trick for clear, bright, white eyes! Smile

lol, I know, it stung like hell the 1st few times and then my eyes kinda got used to it... and yes cold cucumbers are very relaxing, on the forehead too!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:27 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

lol, I know, it stung like hell the 1st few times and then my eyes kinda got used to it... and yes cold cucumbers are very relaxing, on the forehead too!

I bet it did!
Hey you could make chamomile tea with lemon and honey and both lighten the eyes and have bright whites!!! Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Alpha arbutin can certainly inhibit melanin production, and is *safe* (for the most part) to use on intact skin, for sun spots etc.. It is in fact 'hydroquinones' distant (safer/gentler) cousin in a way!.. (My silly words there, but a google will sort you all out.

Please, please, please, to anybody who is considering messing with their precious vision just to lighten their eye color, do some research and find out why "melanin" is so very important to not only our eyes, but to our very lives.. (head to toe BTW, including the brain!)

For the purpose of this thread, it's important for those who may not be aware to know, that melanin pigment of the iris is there to offer protection from UV rays, which can result in a loss of vision if it isn't filtered. Melanin is the filter, and the darker the eyes, the more melanin you have, and the more protection you have naturally.

Please know I'm not judging anyone, just sharing what I feel obliged to from a medical standpoint.

Just wanted to add,
I would not want to use this- unless you can think you will be ok with damaging your vision.
I know a guy who has vision problems and he can not drive because of this (he was born like that).
Also one of my friends in school, she was legally blind and had to use a special computer screen, given to her by some local vision impared help group, just so she could do her schoolwork.

I'm not saying not to use this,just think that you could be ok with making your vision worse, then decide.

For colored contacts, so far have been happy with the Freshlook brand.
I shop at Clearlycontacts and they are much cheaper than the mall.
I pay around $30 a box for colored contacts after price matching!
Right now I have Freshlook radiance in silver grey and they look pretty real...not getting any comments from strangers on my eye colour this week Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:21 am      Reply with quote
UVA Ursi tea also contains hydroquinone so decide for youeselves how safe this advice is?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/111133-uses-uva-ursi/#

Uva ursi may be more commonly known as bearberry, due to its popularity among bears. But uva ursi is an herb that uses only the leaves, rather than the berry itself. It has been used by native Americans for nearly 2,000 years, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center, mainly as an astringent. Uva ursi is an anti-bacterial herb that also contains arbutin and hydroquinone--two chemicals known to fight infections in the body.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to butt in here but this is a subject that has always interested me. I've always wanted lighter eyes but have been way too scared to try anything.

One thing I have always wondered about was wildberry extract -not only does it reduce melanin production but it also reduces the melanin already present in the skin.

Hmmmm I've always been slightly tempted to try it to see if it would work in my eyes? What do you guys think?

Theres a skin serum available over at diana yvonne and the ingredients are: Distilled water, Seaweed extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Wildberry Extract and Kojic Acid. Is this too risky for the eyes? I think its sterile, the only dangerous thing would be the Kojic acid, seen as though it is an acid.

I know this is so crazy but I've wondered about it for a couple of years, just thought i would put it out there seen as though its related. Wanted to know your guys opinions....
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |