Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
HELP!!! I"M USING OBAGI!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yvy1
5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I realize this post is old but I just joined this forum and going throught them. A post on the first page stays someone got broken capillaries from obagi? I am on week 4 and though not peeling, i am a bit tender, and I noticed that around my nose/nostrils, i have a few red capilaries. Is taht normal?? Now I'm scared..
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I notice when on Obagi that some red capillaries sometimes appear but after the end of the course, disappear or fade a lot. Also, I wonder if, because the skin gets a lot smoother and more even on Obagi, we just notice any little marks like this more?

I'm sure other people will come in with their opinions.
SFVera
5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
yvy1 wrote:
I realize this post is old but I just joined this forum and going throught them. A post on the first page stays someone got broken capillaries from obagi? I am on week 4 and though not peeling, i am a bit tender, and I noticed that around my nose/nostrils, i have a few red capilaries. Is taht normal?? Now I'm scared..

The areas around your nose (the creases on the sides) and sides of your mouth (outer side edges and edges around the lip area) are especially sensitive and you shouldn't be using Obagi in those areas. These area will over-peel leaving them almost raw. I use Aquaphor on these areas to protect them from the Obagi. Additionally, if you get Obagi on the edges of or on your lips it will bleach them out too. My lips are darker than my face and I have lost some color on my upper lip from applying Obagi in the area between the top of my lip and below my nose--I have hyper-pigmentation there that makes it look like I have a slight mustache.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm just shocked anyome would us a system that causes pain, redness and other horrendous side effects. Especially as the supposed wonderful results are not a guarantee and seem to be patchy by reading reviews. Shock I guess there are no limits to the lengths people will go.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
[quote="NotMeNotYou"]I'm just shocked anyome would us a system that causes pain, redness and other horrendous side effects. Especially as the supposed wonderful results are not a guarantee and seem to be patchy by reading reviews. Shock I guess there are no limits to the lengths people will go.[/quote]

I think it depends on how much something like pigmentation or acne is bothering us and if there's a way to improve it, even if it means some negative effects in the interim, we'll try it for an improvement. I agree no treatment suits everyone but if you don't try, you'll never know. I, personally, have had great results on Obagi with no other cosmetic procedures and my skin certainly looks years younger than my real age.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
tefla wrote:

I think it depends on how much something like pigmentation or acne is bothering us and if there's a way to improve it, even if it means some negative effects in the interim, we'll try it for an improvement. I agree no treatment suits everyone but if you don't try, you'll never know. I, personally, have had great results on Obagi with no other cosmetic procedures and my skin certainly looks years younger than my real age.

Very well said, tefla, and I totally agree with you. Nu Derm is still one of the only things that has given me results.

(I think a lot depends on how deep one's hyperpigmentation is. Something way less "intense" can be used if the pigmentation is in the upper layers of the skin. However, medical grade products are what produce the results in getting rid of the pigmentation in the deeper layers. To each their own, and everyone is entitled to research and make their own choice.)
Kwwilliams40

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
O.k...I am on day 11 and I am miserable. I am peeling horribly, but most of all, in the late afternoon my face looks like an apple!!! It becomes Soo red and swollen...it feels like someone is poking needles in my face....Please Please help...my dermo is horrible and gave me little to no guidance. I have heard so many great things about Obagi that I wanted to get on board, but I am really giving this second thoughts..can anyone give me any advice...please tell me you had same side effects and it got better...Thxs in advance...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
The redness is Very normal, as is your flaking/peeling. This is part of the process, and you need to just give your skin time to adjust. This peeling/flaking can be anywhere from 6-8 weeks (or a little longer depending on your age), and then it will calm down as your skin adjusts to the RA. The redness will likely remain, as that is "mostly" from the Exforderm or Exfoderm Forte. The swelling is not a normal sign, and is definitely something to bring up with your derm. I would call the office and let them know you are having swelling. You may be having a reaction to one of the products.
Kwwilliams40

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the reply....should I stop the exoforderm forte for a couple days? How long will my face be red? The whole 12 weeks or the rest of my life? I am going to give the dermo a call tomorrow..I am 36, if age has anything to do with this madness...the price we pay for beauty!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kwwilliams40 wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply....should I stop the exoforderm forte for a couple days? How long will my face be red? The whole 12 weeks or the rest of my life? I am going to give the dermo a call tomorrow..I am 36, if age has anything to do with this madness...the price we pay for beauty!!

Everyone is different, but a lot of people are red the entire 18 weeks. (Or 12 is that is how long your derm has you on for.) If you are swollen, I would not use anything until you talk to your derm tomorrow. 1 day without the products will not make any difference at this stage, and it is better to be safe and make sure you are not having a reaction to anything.
Kwwilliams40

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
My dermo never told me how long..seriously was shocked at the lack of professionalism.. Gave me the 3 month starter kit and didn't give me any direction of which way to go after that..if in Atlanta you might know who I am talking about..dermo to the stars, if you are going to add some plastic surgery to your regular regimen..that is what I got out of it..when I denied a consult about lipo, the whole office started to ignore me..o.k.enough of my rant..I am going to call there tomorrow and hopefully get some help..I will not give up!!!
Half Pint

Wed May 30, 2012 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am 6 weeks into using the Nuderm system. I don't have color pigmentation issues but more small fine wrinkles with deeper wrinkles on forehead, plus my skin wasn't smooth.

Since beginning the system I have had the typical reactions with bad peeling around my nose, mouth and chin. I can't tell a huge difference in my skin except it's softer and my forehead wrinkles are less visable. I am using Tretinoin cream 0.1 every other night b/c it's so strong....

I have oily skin to begin with but now I could make money off of what my face is pumping out each day.....I'm a walking oil well. LOL

Has anyone had the same issues??? I've gotta get this oil under control, it's very unprofessional looking!!! THANKS
aleximantore

Wed May 30, 2012 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Deanna wrote:
I have purchased this product. I read the instruction. I started to use this on Sunday night Jan 14, 06. Today Jan 20, 06. I'm in pain. My face is red and peeled off. Which I can feel the difference. I have been doing Blender Tretinoin like every other day. I have a black spots on my checks and for head. What else I can use to confort my face. Also Should I tone down and do the Blender Tretinoin and CORRECT Clear every other day. Please advice??????? Blow is the stuff I have.
Foaming Gel Cleanser
Toner

Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender
Tretinoin
Eye Cream (optional)
Sunblock as neede Obagi Comfort Gel

From what I know, dosage is more like suggestion. Everyone skin is different. I dont ever have any allergic reactions and most of creams i apply to my face work just fine. ome better, some worse, but I never get any redness, but a friend of mine has very sensitive skin and only handful of creams work for her skin. So, if I can use a peel and feel litle tingling, she will have red burnt face for few days.
tjmoley

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am a new member, who found this forum as I was researching the Obagi Nuderm system. I am retired,but while still working, had many friends use the system with marvelous results. I am very aware of the redness,dryness,peeling that can occur. I have used Retin A and home Glycolic peels 30% for several years, so am pretty acclimated to these products. Will see if this makes a difference in my reaction to the new products added.

Last week I consulted with a plastic surgeons office who sell the product, altho I have purchased all the products online. I have always gotten my Retin A from MedsMex online. They also recommended the Vit C serum 10%, so I did purchase this product while there...will be used after the toner.

Today was my first day, so wish me luck gals ! I am hoping to reduce my hormonal acne, the age spots and sun damage done to my skin over my 56 years ! Have never sunbathed,but have not been good about using sunscreen either. Incorporating it's use into my morning skin care regime will help big time. I am a gardener, so will obviously be buying a large brimmed hat......Smile

I have been lurking a week or so, I sure find your forum to be full of wonderful information and resources. It is wonderful to hear about every one's opinions and experiences..very helpful !
annaseven

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I found this forum searching for Obagi info too. I'm into week 6 and thrilled with how things are going. I've had acne and clogged pores my entire adult life, and this is the first time I've ever had completely clear skin. The texture of my skin used to be so bad - lots of little bumps, blackheads, tiny whiteheads that would multiply throughout the day, every day. Now my skin is smooth, glowing and crystal clear. Sun damage is fading, skin tone is lightning and evening out. Kind of life changing! My skin is also much tighter and firmer. Wrinkles are still there but much less visible. Someone actually asked me if I got botox!

Since starting Obagi, when the redness and burning gets too intense I just take a break for either 12 or 24 hours. That's helped a lot. I break the rules and use moisturizer here and there when I really need it. I try to put up with the peeling as much as I can, but when it gets too bad and I have to be in public, I put argan oil or balm on the bad patches, which has been a life saver.

I think the key is to respect your skin - stick to the program as much as you can, but ease up when you need to, and add other products that you know will sooth whatever particular problem when it becomes too intense. Reading the obagi threads here has been really helpful to me too.
tjmoley

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Morning Annaseven !

Good to hear all is going well for you and your results are pleasing to you.

I am prepared with Aquaphor and I have the Action lotion if I need it when the peeling and discomfort appears....your advice for argan oil/balm I will remember ! I agree that in respecting your skin, and attending to it's needs it will be an easier road to walk.

Because I am used to retin A, not sure I will need to take a break or stagger the nights I use,but will certainly do so if I need to. When I first began retin A I certainly did that and it worked well to give my skin a bit of a break.

I sure appreciate all your comments !
Zhenzhen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi~~ Has anyone here used Obagi MD for acne?
I know that it is too risky to use Obagi NuDerm on one's own. But is it safe to use Obagi MD by myself? Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I disagree with your comment regarding Obagi Nu-derm products that is is too risky to use.
It is not. If you use the product "correctly", you will get results, but it will take some time. Just remember "no pain, no gain".

Zhenzhen wrote:
I know that it is too risky to use Obagi NuDerm on one's own.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think if you have some swelling and excessive redness you could use aspirin or ibuprofen if you aren't allergic to it.
I realize you have to peel on this system but it seems you should treat the more extreme reactions like swelling and intense pain.
NuvosaAdrian
5% products discount

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
This is such a great thread. Anybody who is thinking of or already using Obagi will have a productive time visiting this thread.

I'm a Nuvosa user myself, and I'm really enjoying seeing how things are working out for everyone here.

Be beautiful everyone and keep posting!
tida

Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:30 am      Reply with quote
what is Aquaphor and where can i find it?
Dietitian24

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Friends,
I am glad to be joining the "Obagi world"- redness, peeling,flaky..eeww..
I was not using Retinol A for the first 1 week but then started to use 0.025%- man this stuff is strong.
How long before I start to completely stop peeling or look like a tomato. I have a date coming up and not sure if I want to go with this face. HELP!!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |