Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 376
Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue - Thanks so much for the information. I plan on purchasing one. Could the Tria be used concurrently with the Rex Kara?

Would you mind doing a round-up of the products
that you have used successfully with the Rex Kara. Thanks!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
JaeBlue - Thanks so much for the information. I plan on purchasing one. Could the Tria be used concurrently with the Rex Kara?


Stovetop- I have used the ReAura concurrently with the Merbe with good results. I guess one of the big differences is you only use the ReAura twice a week instead of everyday like the Tria. My schedule is ReAura, skip a day, Merbe, skip a day,ReAura skip a day, then Merbe again. So I end up doing 2 ReAura and 2 Merbe treatments a week. I find the Merbe helps with the dryness of the skin and helps plump it back up.

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
JaeBlue
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 195
Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
HI, I'm still road-testing which products to use!

I really like the Le Mieux Calming Gel for the main treatment but . . . it's a little heavy on (or a lot) ingredients. Because ingredients penetrate deeper into the skin, I'm leaning towards a more simple conductive gel and I just ordered a bottle of Hyaluronic Acid that I plan to add to plain veggie glycerine.

For the 2nd part of the treatment, which is shorter and for product penetration I'm using the Baby Quasar Anti-aging Serum along with the OZ Natural Vitamin C and HA serums. I mist that with a Zia toner.

I'm trying different methods - so still figuring out what I like best. I'm now using the Rex Kara II 3 times a week. LOVING IT - 100%!
light123
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Posts: 65
Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I would like to order the Rex Kara II, which site is the best for that? Does anybody know of current discounts on this model?

I have followed the discussion here and i am impressed on what it has done to some of the users. Just one more time to confirm, does it work on jowls lifting?
TIA

_________________
52 years, sagging sucks
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 332
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I would like to know that too. Does it work on jowls? And any lifting on skin?
leathal
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
cabrita wrote:
And the F/M/Sq do have different settings - I think this is correct for all three (original F & Sq) http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_fyola03.html


Thanks so much for the link above! Lots of info on there...check out the improvement in the NL folds on this clinical page:

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty06_1.html

Rapunzell wrote:
Cabrita,

So . . . which mode is the best for serum penetration? In the video she uses the US mode. Does it make sense to put on the water base (or gel) and do level #2 (all 3 modes) for 5 minutes. Then apply the serum, with a spritz of water and use . . . just the US? OR US and LED? That way, we can leave the expensive serum on the skin for the day. No gel to have to wipe off.

Here are the modes:
1 = US and GAL
2 = US, GAL AND LED
3 = US and LED
4 = US only
5 = LED only


Thank you for your help!


Rapunzell,

Check out the table at the very bottom of this link, and you will see the Fyola Vit C penetration tests using the different modes. You will want to use Modes 1 or 2 on your machine for the best results.

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty06_2.html

ETA: Woot: they have research studies there too!!

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty07_1.html


Was the first link from using the RK?
leathal
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Today on Newegg, there is $150.00 off the Rex-Kara II. I just ordered one. I wasn't going to right now, but that is a big savings!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
leathal wrote:
bethany wrote:
cabrita wrote:
And the F/M/Sq do have different settings - I think this is correct for all three (original F & Sq) http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_fyola03.html


Thanks so much for the link above! Lots of info on there...check out the improvement in the NL folds on this clinical page:

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty06_1.html

Rapunzell wrote:
Cabrita,

So . . . which mode is the best for serum penetration? In the video she uses the US mode. Does it make sense to put on the water base (or gel) and do level #2 (all 3 modes) for 5 minutes. Then apply the serum, with a spritz of water and use . . . just the US? OR US and LED? That way, we can leave the expensive serum on the skin for the day. No gel to have to wipe off.

Here are the modes:
1 = US and GAL
2 = US, GAL AND LED
3 = US and LED
4 = US only
5 = LED only


Thank you for your help!


Rapunzell,

Check out the table at the very bottom of this link, and you will see the Fyola Vit C penetration tests using the different modes. You will want to use Modes 1 or 2 on your machine for the best results.

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty06_2.html

ETA: Woot: they have research studies there too!!

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty07_1.html


Was the first link from using the RK?


No, those pics were from using the Fyola/Merbe/Sqoom.
leathal
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I read last night that in a pinch you could use baby oil as an US gel. Anyone else heard of that?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
leathal wrote:
I read last night that in a pinch you could use baby oil as an US gel. Anyone else heard of that?


Apparently oil based products can damage the transducer.

http://www.nextmedicalproducts.com/content/july-2013-can-i-use-ultrasound-gel-substitute
leathal
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
leathal wrote:
I read last night that in a pinch you could use baby oil as an US gel. Anyone else heard of that?


Apparently oil based products can damage the transducer.

http://www.nextmedicalproducts.com/content/july-2013-can-i-use-ultrasound-gel-substitute


Thanks Bethany! Good thing I didn't get it in my head to try it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
leathal wrote:
bethany wrote:
leathal wrote:
I read last night that in a pinch you could use baby oil as an US gel. Anyone else heard of that?


Apparently oil based products can damage the transducer.

http://www.nextmedicalproducts.com/content/july-2013-can-i-use-ultrasound-gel-substitute


Thanks Bethany! Good thing I didn't get it in my head to try it.


I know...you would not have been happy, lol.
leathal
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Anyone else using the Rex-Kara getting good results like Jaeblue?
leathal
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I must have a metal plate in my head or something. I had my Rex-Kara on my forehead on program 2, ultra/galv and it's like I have a metal forehead. I can't use it there. Just the ultrasound is ok..what a weird feeling. Last night it felt like a pimple under the skin being zapped. Anyone else have this issue?
JaeBlue
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 195
Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:39 am      Reply with quote
My Rex Kara has been the most effective on my chin area. Any sort of jowls are gone, skin under chin is firm and marionette lines are disappearing. That is the area that I am most and incredibly happy with.

I need to say that I didn't have major jowls or a big double chin, I'm very slender. BUT definitely was loose under chin and a sagging along the jowl line starting. Both were visible.

Eyelids - no improvement but then again I'm not using it directly on them so that would explain that.

And YES sometimes it does hurt on my forehead and gives a weird electrical feeling. Not always - no fun!
wannabeageless
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Nov 2013
Posts: 14
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the Rex-Kara II and hope i'm as thrilled with it as some of you are!

I've read so much on these boards that honestly I'm a bit saturated with knowledge and now I'm wondering what gels should I use with it??

I'm 48, sensitive skin, with the wrinkles and sagging beginning to show. The past few years have been epic stressful and taking care of my skin has been the lowest of priorities. Now I need to make up for lost time. The only products I'm currently using are Olay foaming facial wash for sensitive skin and Cerave cream as a moisturizer.

Do you have any suggestions for appropriate products to use with this gadget with recommendations on where to buy them? Any help provided will be greatly appreciated!!!
JaeBlue
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 195
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
The Rex Kara II comes with a conductor gel that is just fine! I would use that to start.

I think everyone kind of uses it differently - for me, I put on a Vitamin C - Hyaluronic acid serum, let it soak in and then put the Baby Quasar Serum on top. They I spritz on a Zia tonic that is slippery.

I would suggest following the instructions then playing around and seeing what works best for your skin. Also, use it daily for up to the 30 day mark and decide if you want to keep it, if not you can return it!

I'm very happy with mine, still trying new ways of using it!
wannabeageless
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Nov 2013
Posts: 14
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
The Rex Kara II comes with a conductor gel that is just fine! I would use that to start.

I think everyone kind of uses it differently - for me, I put on a Vitamin C - Hyaluronic acid serum, let it soak in and then put the Baby Quasar Serum on top. They I spritz on a Zia tonic that is slippery.

I would suggest following the instructions then playing around and seeing what works best for your skin. Also, use it daily for up to the 30 day mark and decide if you want to keep it, if not you can return it!

I'm very happy with mine, still trying new ways of using it!


Where do you purchase your Vit C HA serum? I need to google the Baby Quasar Serum and Zia tonic as I don't know what either one of those are!

Thank you for responding!!
JaeBlue
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 195
Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Some of the things I'm learning!

I've been focusing on my chin area. Marionette lines, jawline and the area right under my chin on neck. I started off using just the ultra-sound function #4 on the fat pads next to the actual marionette line. Then using #2 on the chin, jaw and actual line. The results were great. #4 supposedly helps to slim the area, but some on here said that ultra sound can't do that so don't bother.

So I switched to using just #2 (which is all the modalities) in this entire area. Well, I was just out shopping and caught myself in a mirror and YIKES.

A. this thing works B. be careful where you use it.

What was once a thinning of the fat pads and building up of the lines is now - a building up of the entire area. I look like a chipmunk! HA

So - I'm backing off on the fatter area next to the lines, for sure! But the good part is that through trial and error I'm learning what this actually does. On my face it definitely causes plumping up of areas. Which is good for wrinkles but not great for sculpting.

I've gone back to #4 on the fatter areas and #2 on the rest. Now I just have to wait for the chubby jawline to go back down!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
My device is a Merbe - purchased about two months ago. It is a valuable adjunct to microcurrent. They go wherever I go.
An esthetician told me you should use water-based products only for best results.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I have voluntarily and without pay participated in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
My device is a Merbe - purchased about two months ago.


Sis, what functions are you using the most with the Merbe?

_________________
Not posting here as much; PM me if you need info on my favs: Epionce, Environ, Merbe, Tua Tre'nd, BioWave. Not affiliated with any vendor.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
It varies depending upon what I'm doing. As a general rule I rotate: Massage and N one night, Massage and L another. I do 8 minutes each side. Have never tried cleansing - I just use my clarisonic.
It's great to help with hydration after a flight. At the A4M conference I used it every morning for 4 minutes after I completed a 20 minute P1 routine with the Pico toner. The Merbe helps to sink in my favorite hydrating gel and also used after P2 at night. In LV you gotta give it your all!

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I have voluntarily and without pay participated in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:05 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It varies depending upon what I'm doing. As a general rule I rotate: Massage and N one night, Massage and L another. I do 8 minutes each side. Have never tried cleansing - I just use my clarisonic.
It's great to help with hydration after a flight. At the A4M conference I used it every morning for 4 minutes after I completed a 20 minute P1 routine with the Pico toner. The Merbe helps to sink in my favorite hydrating gel and also used after P2 at night. In LV you gotta give it your all!


Sis, I thought you were using the Pico for lift and product penetration. I wouldn't think you would want to take both. Especially when traveling where space is at a premium.

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:59 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
It varies depending upon what I'm doing. As a general rule I rotate: Massage and N one night, Massage and L another. I do 8 minutes each side. Have never tried cleansing - I just use my clarisonic.
It's great to help with hydration after a flight. At the A4M conference I used it every morning for 4 minutes after I completed a 20 minute P1 routine with the Pico toner. The Merbe helps to sink in my favorite hydrating gel and also used after P2 at night. In LV you gotta give it your all!


Sis, I thought you were using the Pico for lift and product penetration. I wouldn't think you would want to take both. Especially when traveling where space is at a premium.


Actually, based on the raves with the Pico for lift, increased circulation, penetration, etc. why would one need both devices at all?

_________________
Not posting here as much; PM me if you need info on my favs: Epionce, Environ, Merbe, Tua Tre'nd, BioWave. Not affiliated with any vendor.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 754
Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Also the favorite Ageless Secret Gold + lamp / hair dryer.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Allpresan  - Nail Tincture Brittle & Dry Nails (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Pür Minerals Correcting Primer Redness Reducer - Green (30 ml / 1 floz) Weleda Plant Gel Toothpaste (75 ml / 2.5 floz)