Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone here been using the Derma ROLLER FR Leaf and Rusher for several months? Have you seen irritation or do you see any long term good effects? I've been drybrushing my skin and wonder whether this give a similar effect.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
You can do a search and find a couple threads already on the EDS Forum about the dermaroller. I haven't been using mine for a month yet but I don't think the effects are the same as dry brushing. It's more like needling - forcing the skin to produce more collagen, etc. It is also supposed to help products penetrate further into your skin.

My skin adjusted quickly to the dermaroller. It may get a little pink afterward but that goes away quickly.

I have just started using the dermaroller at the same time as the Leaf & Rusher Active Serum and Eye Treatment. I'm really liking the Leaf & Rusher products so far www.leafandrusher.com I'm hoping EDS will consider carrying their products in the future!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
lunarm, do you feel that the derma roller is giving you good results?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi catski. It's pretty early to report but it does seem that something in the mix or the combination - the dermaroller, Leaf and Rusher Active Serum and Eye Treatment - is making a difference. My wrinkles (crow's feet and ll are smoothing out), my pores look smaller, and my skin has more of a glow. I really have to say, I do see a difference!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:38 am      Reply with quote
thanks lunarm, that sounds good!

I might be brave and give it a go.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks I've seen mentions in previous threads but not details. Maybe I missed something. How often do you use it? Does it hurt when you start?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I really should use ther dermaroller every day with the Leaf and Rusher products. It does sting a bit on certain areas but it reminds me of acupuncture. Just a little tingle and then it's over. As I stated before, my skin might be a little pinker afterward but it quickly goes back to normal.

Here are some other threads that mention the dermaroller along with the official site (note, the consumer model does not make you bleed - as far as I know):
http://dermaroller.co.nz/

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8526

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11603

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11019

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18689

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3938

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2583

I know some other EDS forum members use the dermaroller or similar devices but they might not be posting after the negative reactions to the idea of the dermaroller in the last thread link above. I'd be happy to see more feedback to demystify the device. Although it may look like a "torture device", it really isn't that bad. Especially the consumer model!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the novaderm skin roller. It's needles are .75 mm long; vs I think .25 with the dermaroller. I apply topicals afterwards- usually vit c serum and retin-a. I've been rolling for a couple months now- it HAS improved my skin tone( some white scars are showing a little pigment after about 8 years). I might be kidding myself, but I believe some of my wrinkles are softening. Especially the 11 between my eyebrows, which I roll VERY Vigorously! I did read somewhere that you shouldn't exfoliate too roughly while your body is producing new collagen, so I've backed off on my clairisonic for a while. How is everyone else doing with their "needle torture"?
Robin
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie wrote:
How is everyone else doing with their "needle torture"?
Robin

Well after being one of the first to laugh in amazement when the idea of a derma roller was first posted I am to my shame actually thinking of getting one. I don't know if that shows, increased gullability in the face of mass approval, becoming more open minded, or being sensible and waiting for two years or so til there has been some decent feedback Laughing

what I don't understand is how they can go from $40 to $80 in such a short space of time Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
kyplantjunkie wrote:
How is everyone else doing with their "needle torture"?
Robin

Well after being one of the first to laugh in amazement when the idea of a derma roller was first posted I am to my shame actually thinking of getting one. I don't know if that shows, increased gullability in the face of mass approval, becoming more open minded, or being sensible and waiting for two years or so til there has been some decent feedback Laughing

what I don't understand is how they can go from $40 to $80 in such a short space of time Confused

Laughing
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Well, price-wise, the retail price is about $88 and $116 if you buy the dermaroller kit. The kit may be a worthwhile investment as it comes with:
1-DermaRoller
1-Travel size Active Serum Sensitive Skin
1- Packet of Tx Night Formula With DNA Resolve
1- Instructional DVD on how to properly use the DermaRoller
http://www.leafandrusher.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=33&HS=1
http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp?catID=0&prodID=6250

I don't know if it is the dermaroller or the Leaf&Rusher products or the combo, but I am definitely seeing a difference in my fine lines!

I bought my dermaroller and Leaf&Rusher products on Ebay. The bidding for the dermaroller seems to range from $40-$80.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
My dermatologist told me about a french technique of pushing vitamins into the skin with tiny pin pricks.

She was preparing to charge me the earth for this.
I assume she had one of these type of devices and a vit serum...

The derma wand and similar devices push products further into the skin.

This is doing something extra?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi catski,

On the surface the dermawand and ultrasonic helping products penetrate the skin are different techniques but perhaps the result is the same. Both the dermawand and ultrasound pat the product rapidly into the skin IMO. Dermawand also has positive benefits of adding oxygen and heat.

Perhaps not a lovely image but the dermaroller reminds me of those spiked rolling pins used to help marinate meat. I think the tiny holes help the product penetrate deeper and also force the skin to repair itself (producing things like collagen, etc., in the process).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Hi catski,

On the surface the dermawand and ultrasonic helping products penetrate the skin are different techniques but perhaps the result is the same. Both the dermawand and ultrasound pat the product rapidly into the skin IMO. Dermawand also has positive benefits of adding oxygen and heat.

Perhaps not a lovely image but the dermaroller reminds me of those spiked rolling pins used to help marinate meat. I think the tiny holes help the product penetrate deeper and also force the skin to repair itself (producing things like collagen, etc., in the process).

I feel myself weakening! God guapaboy will hoot if he sees me using one of those!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Hi catski,

Yes.Thankyou. I'm interested. I like needles anyway. I associate them with acupuncture, which I love having done.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I feel myself weakening! God guapaboy will hoot if he sees me using one of those!

catski wrote:
Yes.Thankyou. I'm interested. I like needles anyway. I associate them with acupuncture, which I love having done.

OK, I just ordered one cause I weakened and I love acupuncture. It was real real easy to hit the buy button ladies. Anxious

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
My husband bought an aerator this weekend for the yard and I got my mini one today in the mail (DermaRoller) so both of us are all set. Smile Will post about mine when I have used it for awhile. It's such a little tiny thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, Frodo Laughing Yes, the dermaroller - aerator, marinator, and tenderizer! Do post after you've used it a while.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
how does that compare to the medical roll-cit by environ? I think theres is really expensive
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
the website is out of the dermaroller and ebay is selling it for $385. I thought you guys said it was $40.
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Keep watching, Lucy. And do searched both for "dermaroller" and "derma roller".
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine on ebay from this seller elmo!elmo There was 3 when I bought mine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy,

The price varies depending on the length of the needles. The dermaroller that is made for "consumers" (home-use model C-eight, .07mm) costs about $100 retail but can be bought for less on Ebay. The one you say listed for $300+ is 1.5mm.

For more info on the different models, go to:
http://www.dermaroller.de/derma-t_engl.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:03 am      Reply with quote
so the home model will it be as effective as the medical one? Why 2 models? Will product retention be just as good as with the professional model?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Please see the site for more info on the models. The info posted there says the professional models are meant to be "one-use". They go deep and can cause bleeding. I think they are meant for acne scarring/remodeling.

IMO, I would get the consumer model. That dermaroller you can use daily. The consumer model is made to help products penetrate deeper into the skin.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |