Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::Review:: Rave - Juice Beauty
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I don't often post rave reviews but in the case of Juice Beauty's 'Star' products I just had too!

I have been trying out the following:

Green Apple Peel and SPF 15 Moisturiser

Eye cream and anti-oxidant serum (the regular version not green apple).

I posted a review earlier on the peel and moisturiser and I am still liking the SPF but this is really to rave about the antioxidant serum and peel combination.

The Antioxidant serum is gel like in texture and smells very fresh. The first time I applied it I thought - hmm that's nice - it sank straight in leaving no oily residue but did leave my skin a little tacky but this wore off. To begin with I only was applying this at night. I would wake up with no oily patches and a more even rested complexion.

Anyway I had been using the peel with good results and once I got the serum I decided to apply the serum straight after then the eye cream (I don't like night creams I find them suffocating and icky!).

Next morning - WOW! I woke up with smooth, clear and *better* skin!
This encouraged me to use the serum over my Vit C and under my Avene in the mornings too(skipping the Green apple SPF which was a bit much on my skin for the spring).

Well I don't know if its the serum or the peel or (most likely)a combination of the two but these products are fabulous!

My skin was looking pretty good anyway (thanks to all the recommendations on here! Very Happy ) but I am VERY fair and the slightest blemish can leave a red mark for months if not years. (I had a breakout for the first time in ages early this year following me using JB Organic cleanser Sad ).

Using these products any marks have almost completely gone! Even ones that although faint I could see, that I had thought I was stuck with so had just ended up ignoring them and covering with concealer, have faded.

The best bit was when a friend I hadn't seen for ages said 'OK spill it what have you had done?'LOL Laughing
My skin just looks plumper and firmer and clearer.
My skin hasn't looked this good for years!

Not forgetting the eye cream - This is cooling and hydrating, sinks in and smooths any dehydration. A really nice product which whilst good I would swap with Cellcosmet,PSF Hydrating or The Organic Pharmacy Eye cream. ie. Its great but I could live without it - the peel and the serum - you'd have to fight me for! Laughing

I have two small gripes - the packaging on the eye cream is not great; its hard not to end up with too much product (if I do I use it as a lip treatment. The other is a minor gripe that now these have proved so good I have been *forced* to try more Juice products (which at least are not quite so pricey as my other love 'The Organic Pharmacy'), I just ordered and received the Deluxe Organic Face Kit which has a cleansing milk (to replace my Dr H Cleansing Milk which has almost run out and I do like but I am always on the lookout for something even better - although I will NEVER part with Dr H Cleansing Cream!)a Nutrient moisturiser, three tinted lip balms, a sample of the apple peel, and some samples of Blemish serum and one other thing that I can't remember!(ETA - Its the oilfree moisturiser).
I will post a further review on these when I've used them a while.

Anyway sorry for the long rambling post - just had to tell you how good this was!!
Very Happy

The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum (50 ml / 2 oz)
Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum (50 ml / 2 oz)

Resist gravity with this powerful serum. With a potent blend of certified organic apple, lemon juices and raw cane sugar blended with age-defying peptides, DMAE, alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, and vitamin antioxidants to rejuvenate, help smooth fine lines and help firm for radiant, ageless skin

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel (Full Strength Exfoliating Mask) (60 ml / 2 floz)
Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel (Full Strength Exfoliating Mask) (60 ml / 2 floz)

Reveal a brighter complexion with our bestselling, patented potent Bakuchiol, alpha and beta hydroxy acid mask that delivers spa-grade exfoliation for optimal age defying results.

Formerly known as Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel (Full Strength Treatment)

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Just got in my antioxident serum yesterday and tried it last night instead of my active serum, can't tell anything yet. Having to rotate the Active out every few nights as my skin got a little overdried the summer. Looking to add a little more firmness as I can't use the firming complex, way too much.
I would also like to add it in the daytime with my Proheal. I should use the Juice after my Proheal and before Hydracool I guess?
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I would think that would be the right order - I always figure on serums then gels then creams, as the antioxidant was more gel like that's how I treated it.

Hope you get on with it, it took about a week to see real results, although the day after the peel there was a noticeable difference as I posted.

Let me know how you get on! (Its nice to know if it suits other folk as everyone is so different!)

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like I have to wait a bit to try it again. Just had my IPL and can't use anything with acid in it for a few days. I'll let you know.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to add the antioxidant serum to my next order. It sounds like it works great! I also want the Green Apple Peel.

Has anyone tried the blemishing clearing serum? I think I'd like to order that as well. I'm still getting clogged pores around my tzone and thought maybe this would help.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Is this the serum that's for dry, mature skin? No one's getting oily using this?
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes that's the one (I would have preferred the Green Apple version but I couldn't get it in the UK).
It's very light and hasn't made me oily on my T Zone (where I tend to get oily or breakout sometimes, especially with some serums). It is a gel as opposed to a oil type of serum - I would say its suitable for most skin types.
HTH

Very Happy

Edited to add - I have a sample of the blemish clearing serum so will post when I've tried it.
There has been some previous reviews if you do search - I believe most of them were raves for it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucia,

I'm going to need another face pretty soon for all these serums.I completely forgot I have photolagen coming!!!! Embarassed
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Marina - I know the feeling!!
Still there are way worse vices than skincare purchasing!!! Laughing

I am still keen to try the Green Apple serum but I just can't get it. Sad Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Well I have to say the blemish clearing serum is FAB!

I had a couple of small blemishes (hormonal) pop up on my chin - I used the serum on them over night and the next morning the one was almost no wear to be seen (had to look for it, the other was almost totally gone too! Its is nice to use, you only need a tiny bit and it does the job without having lots of 'nasties' in. A 10/10 for me!

I've also been trying the cleansing milk and tinted lip balms. (Not tried the nutrient moisturiser that also came in the kit yet)

The cleansing milk is really thick! More like a cream. You only need a tiny bit to remove makeup. I think this would be too much for oilier skins as it feels more like a moisturiser (its supposed to be for dry/sensitive skins) but saying that it's not made me oily or broken me out and does rinse clean. Will use for a few more days and see how I go (the Janson Beckett Organic Cleanser broke me out badly - I had blemishes the next day after I'd used it Shock ).

The Balms are yummy - smell fruity but like ...well 'juice' but without being over powering. The colours are nice and sheer and leave lips moisturised and hydrated but with no stickyness. I like these!!

So all in all I am LOVING this range - even more so than the 'The Organic Pharmacy' !!! There is only a small '?' over the cleansing milk but thats more because its not really for my skin type - but even so it was lovely to use, gave good results and hasn't broken me out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
The Blemish serum doesn't feel like acne medication. No stinging. Absolutely amazing. Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
LOL! Marina - I know the feeling!!
Still there are way worse vices than skincare purchasing!!! Laughing

I am still keen to try the Green Apple serum but I just can't get it. Sad Embarassed

Where did you see the green aplle serum? I didn't see it on Sephora?
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone with oily and extremely breakout-prone skin as I have, know if the antioxidant serum is OK for my skin type? The blurb says it's for normal, dry, sensitive and mature skin types. I've spent so much money and gained too many marks on my face from trying new products. Confused
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Chee, the Juice Beauty info card that came with my order recommended the Green Apple Antioxidant Serum for oily/combination/problem skin. Unfortunately EDS currently doesn't carry that product. Sad
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Che,
My skin is combination and its not made me oily on my T zone at all - its really light and not at all greasy, definitely a light gel texture rather than an oil or serum - I don't think it would be a problem for oilier skin types.
HTH!

Marina - I've only seen the Green Apple serum on the Juice website. I can't get it in or delivered to the UK.:O(

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
is the green apple peel good for ppl prone to mild acne?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I find that my acne heals faster after using the Green Apple Peel. My scars are fading too.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Is the juice beauty antioxident serum on EDS different from a Green Apple Antioxident serum?
rage
5% products discount

Sat May 20, 2006 3:17 am      Reply with quote
For those of you who have tried this green apple peel and PSF pumpkin enzyme peel, which do you think is better? TIA
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR - Have had a look at the ingredients on the Juice Website - looks like the Antioxident serum (as sold on EDS) is pretty similar to the Green Apple serum except the Green Apple versionn has AHA's in.

rage - I've used, and like both - results are similar I think although the Green apple peel leaves me a little pinker and seems to have faded marks a bit better so perhaps it is a little deeper peeling than the Pumpkin. HTH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I can't resist - just added the green apple peel and antioxidant serum to my cart (which is starting to rival the national debt). Not sure how I'll manage to fit them in alongside all the IS Clinical serums in there though Laughing !
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
fifi - let us know what you think of them!!! (The serum goes a LOOOOOONG way so its a bargain - honestly! That's what I told the OH nyway!LOL).
When I ordered the serum I figured if it was too moisturising for my oily T Zone (it wasn't) I could always just use it as and eye treatment - it seems to be gentle enough to use around the eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm going to have to split all the stuff in my cart into lots of little orders and spread them out so DH won't notice them so much Laughing !
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I just emailed EDS about making the Green Apple antioxidant serum available. I will let you know what the response is. It's more suited to my problem skin type and I'm sure anxious to try it. Here's hoping ... Pray
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Chee - oh goody! Thanks!! Very Happy

(Think will just email EDS and ask for one of everything Green Apple!LOL!)

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |