Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: PURE SKIN Acne Treatment Mud
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
My T-zone is a bit oily and the pores on the nose are bigger. So I use the Acne Treatment Mud as a mask on my T-zone. It's feels cool after I put it on. As it dries up, I can feel it working, absorbing the oil and reducing the pores. It feels really good.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Have u tried using it as spot treatment?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
joziegrozy, I used it as a spot treatment twice. All it did was make the blemishes more "ripe" (unless that was what it was suppose to do). The size of the blemishes weren't reduced. Sad
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh golly, do u mean, it brought it to a "head" I guess that might leave a discoloration... I guess Salicylic acid is still best Sad

If that is the case, I will go back to my Mario Badescu Drying Lotion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, that was what happened. I thought it was working because I felt the "drying" but when I rinsed it off in the morning...I was shocked at the "head". Not to mention it was clinging to my blemish and I had to scrub it off (not pleasant). Sad

What is the active ingredient in the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I find the ingredients very similar to Proactiv's Refining mask except w/o the chemicals and a lot more botanical ingredients. Has the same amount of sulfur 6%. It's cheap to try and I just ordered mine because I want to rid myself of all my proactiv stuff. I have yet to find out but I assume this will have the same effect on me as the proactiv - it calms my inflammated acne and it does bring acne to head which is GOOD because it heals faster that way as it coming to head means the dirt is being purged to the surface. I would probably use it more as an overnight treatment on inflammated acne. I find it a good emergency acne treatment mask, and if you're using a good deep cleansing mask this will be a nice supplement for emergencies.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:14 pm      Reply with quote

It is similar to what TheSkinCareBoard recommends, called BLAMEX.

Here's the link to MB's drying lotion:
http://www.mariobadescu.com/productDetail.asp?ProductID=151

Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol, Deionized Water (Aqua), Calamine, Camphor, Colloidal Sulfur, Salicylic Acid, Glycerine, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
joziegrozy, that Mario Badescu Drying Lotion looks similar to what I used to use from Serious Skin Care.

http://www.seriousskincare.com/the_cart.asp?compid=1&tid=116
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Yen! Smile Did you like it? I liked it coz it really dried the whiteheads/zits with heads overnight, then I just had to deal with the red mark it often left on my face, good thing it never scarred Smile

Goodness! Yah it's almost the same!!!

SS's DRY LO :
Active Ingredient: 8% Sulfur. Ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Camphor, Allantoin

Hmm, but I like that SS has Allantoin (promotes healing) and it does not have glycerin... makes me wanna try this Shock did it work for you?

BTW MB costs $17

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I liked the Dry Lo way more than the PSF Mud Treatment Mud. I can get the Dry Lo for a pretty good price at the Shopping Channel. Serious Skin Care usually has it in a kit. The Mario Badescu brand is offered in Canada. Woohoo! Now I will have to do some investigative work. Did the other acne products from that line work for you?
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yup!!! I love the Buffering lotion for Cystic Acne, (this one you shake). Then I soak a small cotton then leave it on my Cystic acne (I press it hehe) then let the cotton dry... and repeat and repeat.... Next day the pain is gone and the bump has gone down.

I also have the non-alcohol toner which I mix with my ACV (50/50) instead of water. I want to try their healing powder. I like MB products coz they are not that expensive and they don't have lot of ingredients, but work Smile

Let me knw if you try anything, I want to try their healing powder! Or was it silver powder Smile

Their Acne stuff are great. Haven't really looked into their cleansers/moisturziers (they have Hyaluronic stuff) and EYE stuff. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to try that Buffering Lotion and the Drying Cream. Do they sting?
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Buffering Lotion Does not sting at all Smile It has some oils in it that provide moisture to the skin. It smells good too. If you can go try in the store, do sample it!!! Smile I've had mine for a year, it lasts soo long, I soak my cotton generously too!

I want to try the DRYING CREAM TOO! Smile (sigh)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently there is only one store in Toronto that carries the Mario Badescu line. Now I really must pay a visit to that store. Laughing
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
The Origins Out of Trouble mask has similar ingredients. I don't have the whole list since I don't use the product but from the website it contains Sulphur, Zinc Oxide, Salicylic Acid and Camphor. Salicylic Acid doesn't work on me so I refuse to use ANY products with this, and sulphur doesn't work as well if there is not enough in the product. This is a cheap alternative and easy to purchase, USD 18; CDN 30.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I like the psf acne mud, only thing is that its drying, so a good moisturizer on top is good, even though I have oily skin. But as far as pimples and pores I think it works great. Course, I don't have alot of masks so I wouldn't really know if there WAS anything better out there. I only have that one and psf pumpkin peel, but am looking to try the pevonia one as the pumpkin peel is too much for me. If anyone knows of a good moisturizing mask I'd love to know it.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
If anyone knows of a good moisturizing mask I'd love to know it.

Aloette Skin Renewal Mud Masque. I have oily skin but once in a while, I'd get those annoying dry patches of skin that just doesn't seem to go away no matter how often I moisturize them or exfoliate them. This masque gets rid of them with one use and makes your skin feel so soft. Smile
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info re effective acne killers. I have been searching for ages for a decent product. I have even used a topical antibiotic with nil result. Getting a bit sick of acne as I thought it would of disapeared after my teenage years. now in my thirties and still have to deal with it. Sad
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use the PSF mud mask as an overnight spot treatment and I love the B. Kamins acne gel, it didn't overdry my skin.
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rufus - I will give it a go.
Caspers Mum

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
My friend Jasmine bought some of this, and raves about it when used an over-night treatment. She had to BIG, festering zits, applied the mask to them overnight, and said that these were nearly gone the following day.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a LOT of different clay masks and the one thing I don't like about them is the tendency to pull your skin while it dries. PSF mud mask DOESN'T pull on your skin as it dries, but I can see how it absorbs oil by the tiny little spots that crop up.

I love the tingling but not uncomfortable sensation - left it on for 30 minutes and it rinsed off clean. I haven't used it as an overnight spot treatment yet, but with the sulfur content combined with clay, I'm sure this will be very effective. I can already tell this will be one of my favorite weekly treatments.

The only downside is the size of the jar. I would gladly pay more for a larger size while hoping the price per oz. would be reduced.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
I've tried a LOT of different clay masks and the one thing I don't like about them is the tendency to pull your skin while it dries. PSF mud mask DOESN'T pull on your skin as it dries, but I can see how it absorbs oil by the tiny little spots that crop up.

I love the tingling but not uncomfortable sensation - left it on for 30 minutes and it rinsed off clean. I haven't used it as an overnight spot treatment yet, but with the sulfur content combined with clay, I'm sure this will be very effective. I can already tell this will be one of my favorite weekly treatments.

The only downside is the size of the jar. I would gladly pay more for a larger size while hoping the price per oz. would be reduced.

I had the same issue with the size when I first started to use it, however, by the time you get to the end it does start to dry out so I think it would be a nightmare in a bigger size...I just order 2 at a time now.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
vonstella, I can see that this would probably dry out a bit - when it dries out, do you just spritz it w/distilled water? How many times do you use this, do you apply it all over your face or just the T-zone, how long does a 1 oz. jar usually last?

Sorry for the "interrogation" but I truly am excited about this product and just want to find out everything I can! Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
vonstella, I can see that this would probably dry out a bit - when it dries out, do you just spritz it w/distilled water? How many times do you use this, do you apply it all over your face or just the T-zone, how long does a 1 oz. jar usually last?

Sorry for the "interrogation" but I truly am excited about this product and just want to find out everything I can! Laughing

Haha. No problem! I usually spritz it with my rosewater MMU setting spray, cap it tightly and the next time I go to use it the product is re-wet. I do apply it all over my face thinly and a bit thicker (but still thin) on my t-zone. I also spot treat with it but my skin has been very clear lately so I havent had to do that in several weeks.

I use it as a full face mask at least once a week but now that summer is here I will most likely go to twice a week. I jar last me for about 2 months give or take a week.

A few tips I have picked up that really boost the already great results are:

1. After it has dried, re-wet it with a spritz (I use my rosewater) and let it dry again to really suck oil out if you tend to get more oily around your TOTM.

2. For a super deep clean (or if you are treating a nasty breakout) let the mask dry then steam for 10 mins with the mask still on allowing it to re-wet and your pores to open up, your skin will really glow after this!

Such a great product!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |