Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::Review:: Tend Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Tend skin is a great product for ingrown hairs from waxing, and if you have a zit or cold sore it makes it less noticeable. But sometimes it can be too strong so be careful. Curious about their new deodorant, but not sure I want to spend $15 on deodorant.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Tend Skin for Men and Women (4 oz)
Tend Skin for Men and Women (4 oz)

No other product in the world can do all that Tend Skin® Liquid does, especially when it comes to ingrown hairs and razor bumps (Pseudofolliculitis barbae, PFB).

Caspers Mum

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
This is an old thread, but I've been combing through the Forum tonight, and I wanted to note that I agree with Thoughtcrime about this: I've used this on blemishes too.

Careful: not too much. Otherwise, you'll essentially ... scorch your skin, and end up with a peeling mess for a couple of weeks!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Okay so my question is actually for my bf. He is using the version I made him on his razor burn/bumps but only after they appear. I told him I thought he needed to use it all over his neck area to prevent them. He just didn't think it should be used all over.

So, can someone suggest how he should be using this? Daily? Spot treatment? All over? He gets horrible razor burn, particularly after shaving his neck. However, he doesn't want to put this on after shaving since I'm sure it would burn like crazy! Thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used to get horrible razor burn and bumps when I shaved my legs, which turned the tiresome ritual into an ordeal for me every time I had to shave, but since I learned to exfoliate the area to be shaved *before* I go at it with the razor the burn and bumps are mostly a thing of the past.

While TendSkin can be used daily as a preventative but, like ThoughtCrime and Casper’s Mum said, it can be extremely drying so I wouldn’t recommend your man use it as anything other than a spot treatment when needed.

Instead, you need to get your guy to start exfoliating his face and neck every day or every other day (examples: the ubiquitous ‘aspirin mask’ or an enzymatic exfoliant like Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliant).

Razor bumps are caused by the hair curling in upon itself rather than growing straight up the hair follicle so it breaks the skin’s surface. This is exacerbated if there’s a layer of old dead skin which serves to keep that curling hair from every breaking the surface of the skin.

I don’t know if this explanation is making any sense, but if you get your man to start exfoliating his face and neck on a regular basis, shaving will become much less of an ordeal because razor bumps and burn will become a distant memory!

In addition, I’d like to suggest your guy try using a pre-shave oil to prep the skin before shaving. It helps lubricate the razor so that it slides more smoothly across the surface of the skin so there is less irritation. There are ready-made shave oils that he can buy or you can check in the “~~~ DIY Skincare Recipes ~~~” thread because I posted a recipe for a homemade shave oil which also describes the benefits of using one more thoroughly....

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Carrie! I'll have to check out the shaving oil for sure. I don't think he'd like the idea of exfoliating daily because he says his skin is pretty sensitive to products. I'll try to push him to at least try it though! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
...I don't think he'd like the idea of exfoliating daily because he says his skin is pretty sensitive to products.
Then twist his arm! Because unless he exfoliates to release those trapped hairs in the follicles under the skin, he ain’t ever gonna get rid of the shaving bumps – hell, if he’d just use a wash cloth on that area it would help some! Unless he removes the top, dead layer of skin to release those curly hairs currently under the surface and help train other hairs to grow straight up, then it’ll just become a perpetual circle that he’ll fight his whole life....

There are a lot of ways to exfoliate the skin that are mild enough need to inflame sensitive skin so he just needs to find the type that works best for him. And to soothe his irritated skin after shaving, make him some of the ACV toner but use chamomile tea rather than the green tea because it helps calm and soothe. You might add a drop of peppermint essential oil and maybe clary sage (which, in addition to reducing inflammation and soothing properties, it also helps discourage hair growth which in the long run might result in a lighter beard) or lavender essential oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
These men need taking in hand sometimes Shame on you
My other half has been using Neal's Yard Honey & Orange scrub everyday for the past 3 years now!! He used to swipe mine but now I just borrow his, it must be good for him to pay £13 a go for it Shock Laughing
His skin is beautiful though Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I got my boyfriend Decleors exfoliating facewash and face cream. He seems to enjoy them. I use Decleors shaving cream and after shaving gel (mens line) on my sensitive legs...and I LOVE them.

As Carekate I used to have terrible problems with my legs...haven't exfoliated much (but will be doing it more often now) but these products have made a difference for me. The Boyfriend doesn't wet shave but uses the aftershave cream (his own).

Carekate's right, you need to get through to your man that a little facial care make his skin happy...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I get regular brazilian waxing, would tend skin be gentle enough to use on that area? Im thinking of getting this product to help with ingrown hairs in the nether region.
leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I want to know if the tend skin could really heal the ingrown hair which I have on my legs. And how many should I apply, or otherwise it will make it even worse.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Everytime i apply tend skin to my underarms and upper lip area........it always really stings....but that only lasts about 1 minute or so.........i find if i do not use tend skin on my upper lip -- it looks dark due to the ingrown hairs......even though i exfoliate once a week.........

karina
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying PSB Vanish on my bikini line at the moment and it's really doing very well so far at clearing up my ingrowns.
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Tend skin is great. I use it before and after any hair removal. I have just started laser hair removal and it works great. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've started using Tendskin a few years ago and it's still a lifesavers for ingrown hair, nothing treats ingrown hair better than this !
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've now realised that every time I remove the hairs, I get pimples on my upper lip. At first I just thought it was a coincidence or maybe it was the waxing strips. So I used epicare then I thought it must be that I wasnt cleaning the epicare stick properly and now I've just learnt how to self thread, I've got 5-6 red pimples on my upper lip.
I have a bottle of TendSkin and use it occassionally but I've never thought of using it on my upper lip Confused Anyone other than KARINA uses TendSkin on their upper lip?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have been wondering how effective Tendskin is and it is good to know it works. My legs get terribly irritated when I shave and I have had small bumps on the upper part of my leg for a while and I think this may be the answer. I too found that exfoliating before actually shaving makes a world of a difference.
Dfim

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I tried Tends many years ago and it didn't help. The product contains a lot of alcohol and actually irritated my skin. Paula Begoun has a similar product that is alcohol free. Unfortunately although Paula's product didn't irritate my skin, it didn't help either. The Tends shave gel is great though. I've tried many shaving creams/gels and its one of the best.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Am I really out of it or is this product good for Keratosis Pilaris. i think aha is really good for ingrowns. I use a scrub with aha and bha lightly around the area. the waxer tells me to scrub two days after.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
for cold sore? really?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |