Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased this about a week ago (when proactive stopped working). I have very stubborn cystic acne on my chin and cheeks that has been hanging on for months. It flares up every couple of weeks and gets very painful. Proactive helps clear up the blemishes when they get red and irritated but nothing has made the hard bumps underneath shrink. I am almost scared to write this because I do not want the success to end....this Serum is making the cystic bumps MUCH smaller. They were the size of small erasers under my skin and now they are about the size of the head of a pencil.

Look and Feel: Gel/Liquid brown liquid that leaves skin sticky after application
Smell: Like Lavender and herbs...not fond of the smell but it fades fast
Value: The jar is large and you only use about 4-5 drops for the whole face or you can spot treat....it will last a long time so $30 isn't bad.
Company: I love the "organic" theory and the fact that the SA is natural makes me feel a little better putting it on my face.
Results: I have noticed a very big difference in my cystic acne in a short period of time. It has also healed some active blemishes but not as fast as my proactive. So far the results are wonderful and I can say that I would repurchase but I'll update after a month or so....products tend to work quickly on my skin but the results never seem to last. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum (60 ml / 2 oz)
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum (60 ml / 2 oz)

A powerful hydroxy-acid complex of certified organic apple, lemon and raw cane sugar blended with vitamin antioxidants and co-enzyme Q10 to help clear blemishes and even out skin tone and texture.

Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Olivia,

You lucky girl..I got this and it did zip nada nothing for me.. Sad .maybe it is great for cystic acne only? I was looking at the full bottle just today that I still have and wondering what to do with it! We should start an alternative thread for other uses for products that do not work for us...maybe it can clean windows or something.

Through experimentation I have found that if i see a bump starting decleor aromapurete concealor treatment kills it overnight but if its already on my face then I use clay neem to spot treat. Happy JB works for some people...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I found that the Blemish serum loses efficacy over time. It was working for the first week and then it stopped. I gave the rest of my bottle away to my friend and she didn't like it either. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Ugh! I hope it keeps working. I find that SA is the only thing that helps my acne and I'm really just looking for a more natural form of it. I almost bought it a couple of months ago but MUA had terrible reviews of this stuff...so I held off. I'll check in after a month or so....! Neutrogena has a new acne system that I thought about trying if this stopped working....i'm such a junkie.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia--I purchased this for my little sister who has regular as well as cystic acne bumps a few months ago. I think it's a great value for its size especially compared to Yonka Juvenil (which is a very effective product). My sister went from the Yonka to the JB serum and her skin has been responding very well. I don't see any cystic acne anymore and her skin is just overall more clear. She hasn't said anything about the serum losing efficacy but i would make sure to screw the top on tightly after use. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the hope...! I will remember to close it tight...! I'm glad it worked for your sister!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just checking in...I have been using this for about a month now and it is still working. My cysts are tiny and most are able to be exfoliated right away without going through the "extraction" process which normally ends in infection and scars. I have noticed that it is better at prevention than it is at treating infected or large red blemishes...thats when I think BP products tend to work better for me. Overall I'm VERY happy....I have been also using the green apple peel every week and the results are fantastic. No problems with overdrying or feeling sticky. Still loving it...its an great natural SA.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Glad I'm not the only one that thought the blemish clearing serum did nothing. I was pretty excited when I first ordered this as there were so many great reviews. But now I'm back to using my beloved Shiseido Pureness blemish treatment which is v expensive for a tiny 15ml bottle but it works wonders for me! Wink
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
I found that the Blemish serum loses efficacy over time. It was working for the first week and then it stopped. I gave the rest of my bottle away to my friend and she didn't like it either. Sad

I would be the "friend". LOL Laughing And she's right, it did absolutely nothing. Not even the on the first try and not on the smallest, tiniest pimple I had. I only get the occasional pimple here and there so thought it would be great to have something handy for a quick spot treament but if the serum can't even help heal tiny blemishes than I don't see how it would help anyone with acneic skin. Hmmm maybe it only works with mild to moderate acne and cystic breakouts rather than the occasional pimple. I think I'll try passing it on as well to a friend with moderate acne and see what she thinks. Wink

5% products discount

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't see any differences after using this product. Plus my skin felt so uncomfortable after I put on it. I ended up returning it. Crying or Very sad
annak212nyc
5% products discount

Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I found it did nothing for me either, neither did Proactiv... I finally got results from the Best Bath Store acne treatment gel which was only $25 for like 4 oz I think...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I saw Olivia's review, I thought I would give a try, coz I had cystic acne on my chin area as well, I just been use for 2 days, I found my cystic acne are bigger than before, and some of them even had pustule, its that right? Should I keep using it? I am soooo worry.. Confused Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
i used this a few months ago and i didnt find it effective on my hormonal breakouts either or on any of my other pimples (small and big).

it was kinda sticky to use and cos of that it made me "feel" itchy Rolling Eyes

and as a spot treatment, i find that the serum dries on the pimple then it just peels off, maybe its cos i had quite oily skin then so it just glides off me, im not sure Embarassed

for the remaining of the bottle, as with all my other no good products, i sell them on ebay or use it on my body
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
forgot to add that when i was reading the aspirin mask recipe thread in the DIY forum, some members have added the blemish serum to their mask and works wonders for them...Blacklace - so theres no need to use it to clean windows Laughing
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Olivia that this stuff is better for prevention that it is for spot treatments. But the main reason I like it is that I have increasingly dry and sensitive combo skin as I age, but am still prone to teenage-like breakouts (I'm 26 now). This is one of the only blemish products I've ever found that doesn't dry or cause excessive flaking, and also doesn't stink to high heaven (sulphur helps and isn't too drying, but the smell is unbearable). I know the stickiness is kinda icky, but I prefer that to a) benzoyl peroxide that leaves bleached stains on my sheets and towels and clothes, and b) straight salicylic acid which makes me flake like I have face-dandruff surrounding my breakouts! So this stuff is not for everyone, but I get cystic chin acne and it's great for prevention. A thin layer every night helps, and you can even include some cornstarch to help with the stick if you like. Smile
pigpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
To me, it just help the blemish recover faster. However, the smell is not very good. When I use it on my whole face, I feels a bit painful. Now, I just only spot treat my blemish.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
pigpig wrote,
Quote:
it just help the blemish recover faster.

Would ur blemish get worse before getting better with Joice beauty clearing serum? Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I get the occasional blemish and love using this serum. It is very gentle so it does not dry your skin out so much that your skin gets red, dry and flakey while it's healing.
In my experience, the blemish does NOT get worse before it gets better. On the other hand, it does take about 2 days to heal.
Of course if you pick at the blemish while your trying to treat it, it will just set you back and not heal as fast.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
hi luvyourskin,
really? will clearing serum help acne skin? I apply few days now, my acne comes and go...some of them even getting bigger... I heard one of my friend said some healing products will make ur skin get worse before getting better. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
This product is good enough but I won't buy it again. I think I will continue to search for another blemish serum in hopes that I can find a better one.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone also used dermalogica medicated clearing gel and if so how does it compare with juice beauty's blemish clearing serum?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for review for this products.
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
The first time I used this product I thought it was fantastic! As I went on applying it to my whole face, I noticed that it was getting drier and tighter. I've decided to only put it on places where I have breakouts or where any potential breakouts/bumps are. I love that it's based on apple juice! I'm waiting to try the peel, it sounds exciting Smile
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I just got this treatment today!
Thanks EDS...this was my "grab bag"?

What a nice surprize and will come in handy too.
I actually need something for during the day for blemishes (no that I have many).

For the under the skin blemishes the only thing that works forme is Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion.

It is a 30ml bottle with a dropper-like eye drops. But it is super liquidy like water and easy to get too much out..also kinda runs on your fingers too easily.

But it seems to get rid of the redness and inflamation after a few hours.
It is very drying though andmade with alcohol,zinc,sulfur and niacin and other vitamins...
Smell goes away after a few minutes and it feels like nothing on your skin.

Myissues withthe product is it gets used up too fast. Shipping to Canada sucks (they use ups).
And you are supposed to only use the "lotion' 3x a weekor else...it is super drying andyour skin feels like sandpaper I find.

So.....follow the instructions and do not over apply like I did Embarassed

I had over dry skin after doing that.
If EDS sold that brand I'd be happy to get it in Canada easily.

I hope the Juice serum is good..seems to work for some people and not others!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |