Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Used in conjunction with the Ylang Ylang Night Balm this product has helped to balance my skin and help keep it a lot clearer than it has been in a very long time. Even some of those annoying bumps under the skin have disappeared.
I'd never thought of using essential oils before to treat my skin but after using these Decleor products I think I am truly converted to the idea. Smile
The Ylang Ylang smell is a lot stronger in the oil than you'll find with the balm. Still, as Ylang Ylang is often used as a fixative in perfumes the smell is not too horrendous to be smearing it over your skin every day.

Not only is Ylang Ylang good for oily skin, but I read on another website that it is used to treat poor circulation, coughs and colds, depression and flatulence ( Shock ). Anybody out there able to post a review on that? Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

This serum of Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Rosemary and St Thomas Bay Essential Oils, with a fine and silky texture, is specially formulated for the daily care of combination to oily skin. Results: Purified skin that feels bright, clean and clear.

Replaced by {{14802}}.

SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm sooo glad you like it! Very Happy I've been using this for about a month and a half and have had excellent skin. It's still oily but no clogged pores. In fact, I was without it for a week(went on vacation and forgot to pack Embarassed )and I started to have those "underground" bumps on my chin. This, in conjunction with my Yonka products have kept my skin from having clogged pores in over 3 months. Thank you EDS
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:31 am      Reply with quote
No clogged pores? I've got to try this! Do you happen to know if this is an 'all natural' product -- is it made purely of essential oils?

Thanks!
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I may out of topic here, but has anyone smelled the Ylang-Ylang flower? When I was young in my in my birth country, we have the Ylang-Ylang Flower and it has sweet scent and we love the smell of it... then as a young kids we would gather them and take the juice/oil of it and use as our perfume (well, since we were kids, we can't afford perfumes so we just sort of make it up - playing as grown-ups... Smile )

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

Is it possible to use just the ylang ylang oil and the balm with other products as opposed to just Decleor products?

Carmen
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I love the balm, too. I became so addicted to the smell and the calming effect that it gives me right before bed that I was using it nightly, which was too much for my skin. My skin is combo and not too oily or prone to breakouts regularly enough to use so frequently. It caused some irritation.

Now I just use it when I feel like my skin is in an oilier than normal phase, especially when I'm premenstrual, or, frankly, when I need a good sleep. Can't speak to the flatulence Laughing , but this balm has a sedating effect on me that's just perfect after a stressful day when I'm anticipating a restless sleep.

My only other Decleor product is the vitaroma eye and lip cream and I have no problems mixing the y-y balm with my other products, most of which, other than Cetaphil, Neutrogena, and whatever topical relaxer I decide on (loved ADCE), are from a local spa that I've had much luck with.

Just have to be careful because my lady pup loves the smell and licks my face like a crazy fiend whenever I wear it! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use the ylang ylang oil when I had oily congested skin & I found it helped a lot!...my skin is now more normal to dry. But I still occasionally use it...definitely one of my favs Wink
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Carmencita wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to use just the ylang ylang oil and the balm with other products as opposed to just Decleor products?

Carmen

As far as I know it's ok...I wasn't using any other Decleor products other than the ylang ylang oil & it still worked just fine Razz
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I love the ylang ylang oil, it smells so good. I got the lotion yesterday and I like it even better with the lotion applied over it. I got some samples of other decleor products, like the eye cream and balm and tried the balm last night over the ylang ylang and really like that too. Now I'm wondering if I should buy that also. Gotta have Gotta have Gotta have, I'm worse than my kids. Very Happy
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
This oil helped shrink a nasty cystic zit on my chin overnight. I test drove it at night and woke up to very oily skin, which makes me confused coz this is supposed to help regulate overzealous sebum production. I'll use at night for the fear of my makeup slipping off mid-day. I was wondering if anyone really used this every 2 weeks for 2 weeks, and what you used when you weren't using this. Thanks.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
No clogged pores? I've got to try this! Do you happen to know if this is an 'all natural' product -- is it made purely of essential oils?

Thanks!
Yes, it's 100% pure and natural:

Ingredients: Essential Oils (Ylang-Ylang, Geranium, Rosemary), Hazelnut Plant Oil.

I adore the Decleor Y-Y oil, too! But don't forget there's a recipe for the homemade version in the DIY sticky thread, because the stuff ain't cheap!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait for my decleor orders... my friend who will bring them has not arrived yet .... Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of Ylang Ylang night balm from EDS in my last order. I know this is for oily skin, but I have dry skin with large pore and blackheads around the nose (but not oily though). Just don't want to leave it in my drawer...does anyone know if this can be used on my face too?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Ocha wrote:
I got a sample of Ylang Ylang night balm from EDS in my last order. I know this is for oily skin, but I have dry skin with large pore and blackheads around the nose (but not oily though). Just don't want to leave it in my drawer...does anyone know if this can be used on my face too?
Yes, you can use it but I would apply it just to the congested areas (i.e.: where the blackheads are). Remember that you apply it at night for two weeks straight, then stop for two weeks then repeat the cycle -- that's how Decleor says any of their night balms are supposed to be used. Apparently if you use them every single night without a break, it can cause your skin to dry out too much.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the night balm.

Although it looks greasy and sticky at first, I usually massage it to the face for couple minutes before it is totally absorbed.

So I think it is not only a night cream, it is also a perfect massage cream to apply.

I also find it very good to cure and prevent acne and breakouts.

Before I had Decleor products two years ago, I usually went for facial twice a month. Now I can go once a month with less blackheads and "underground" pumps.
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
How are you suppose to use the oil and balm? I have both and I guess I'm not sure. And you're not suppose to use it past two weeks? Thank!
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I break out terribly from the ylang ylang oil. Sad
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Carekate! Smile Saw different results from different users. But I'll give it a try anyway, why not eh?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Janie wrote:
How are you suppose to use the oil and balm? I have both and I guess I'm not sure. And you're not suppose to use it past two weeks? Thank!
You use the oil in the morning -- EVERY morning, don't stop! Then you use the balm in the evening, two weeks on then two weeks off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Ylang Ylang didnt work on me...
I actually got more black head after I used it...... Confused
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so tempted to buy the oil and possibly the balm, but I'm so scared to spend more money on skin care! I've dropped sooo much it's ridiculous (almost 1000 over the past year) trying to get something that works on my oily skin. I live in the desert and my face thinks it needs to work overtime.

But soo tempted to buy this! Although I must admit the "oil on oil" is somewhat scary! Embarassed
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ocha wrote:

Actually I think in your case you'd be better of with the Essential balm which I heard from a beautician is best for oils/blackheads. Ylang Ylang balm is more for acneic skin types. But you should try both and see what works best for you.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:42 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Ylang Ylang balm is more for acneic skin types.
I have to respectfully disagree with that. The Y-Y products work best for those with oily skin types, not necessarily oily AND prone to acne. Speaking for myself, the Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang oil (or homemade equivilent) has helped change my skin and, therefore, my life. I will NEVER be without this product again!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |