Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Obagi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
catherinehanra

Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Obagi is a serious skin restoration regime. If you are willing to deal with a lot of redness and peeling for a few weeks, you will be rewarded with clear, even-toned and dewy skin.

I must admit, the reaction stage was a bit off-putting. After about 4 weeks I started to see my acne disappear. After 6 weeks my skin looked better than it has in 10 years (I'm 34.)

I used foaming cleanser, toner, clear, retin-A micro 0.1% (by prescription) and blender. I did not need to use the Exfoderm (I peeled like mad without it!!)
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Obagi Nu-Derm Foaming Gel (200 ml / 6.7 floz)
Obagi Nu-Derm Foaming Gel (200 ml / 6.7 floz)

This gentle, luxurious formula combines a blend of herbs, natural cleansers and aloe vera. It frees your skin of pollutants without damaging the skin's own natural moisture content. It leaves all skin types clean and extremely soft to the touch.

Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I agree.
Obagi is perhaps the best thing i've done for my face short of plastic surgery.
I've been using Obagi now for a few months and cannot believe the difference.
I use the whole routine faithfully to include the retin-a at night and although the peeeling was uncomfortable in the beginning, eventually it did subside.
Proof that the system is great is when i went to the beauty salon the other day to have microdermabrasion done. The aestetician said she'd do it but that i don't need it because she told me i had gorgeous skin.
I had it done anyhow and it helped with the tone and glow but all the way she kept on commenting how great my skin was.
I recommend the product, it's serious stuff not a gimmick.
Trish
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard how Obagi Products does wonders! For someone who has not try or even had any experience of peeling, etc, what is the best simple recommendation as to what are the products to buy - is there like a Step 1, 2 or 3? or a set to buy and do it for few weeks/months?

Both above experiences are quite overwhelming that I'd like to try it out. I have fair skin, combo skin (normal/dry but not too oily in the tzone)... Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I too swear by Obagi, my skin looks so much better after having used it. You should find a derm or other medical professional to see which products would be right for you. Do a search online to find someone near you.

Sherri
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of hydroquinone so I'm not into the Obagi program. But for those getting results, do you use the Obagi leanser and Toner as well? I thought that since they contain no medical ingredients they can be replaced by much cheaper cleansers. What are your thoughts on this? The Cleanser is $40!
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I did use the cleaner and toner until it ran out then bought a cheaper brand. It wasn't long and I was back at EDS to purchase the Obagi cleanser and toner. I seriously just didnt find it to be working the same using something different.

That is just my personal experience , hope it helps.

Sherri
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Is Obagi a good thing if you don't have major skin problems? Basically I have some minor sundamage and that's it, but my dermatologist's assistant recommended it to me. Thoughts?
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I think it is great for anyone and not just people who have skin problems. Recently I consulted with a Plastic surgeon who said he recommends it for all his patients as well as his whole staff.

The first few weeks are off putting but it has been well worth it for me. I am 38 and look the best I ever have.

Good Luck
Sherri
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's one of the best products i have tried. i only use the blender 2-3 times per week and my skin hasn't looked better.. and i've tried just about every product on the market. well not every.. but it seems like it. I LOVE IT Very Happy
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Can you tell me exactly what products you used from the line and if you worked with a dr?
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lily,

I used the cleanser, toner , blender, retin a, exfoderm and vit c serums. There are other products but they werent' prescribed for me. Obagi should only be prescribed and used under a dr's guidance as we all have different issues. My derm monitored my skin closely and often changed my protocol in order to optimize my results.

Good luck
july
5% products discount

Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Surprised
Stupid question, but do you use the cleanser to remove the make up or your face has to be clean before you apply the foamning gel?
Thanks
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
You use the cleanser to clean your face, in my case that includes to wash my makeup off.

Hope that helps
Sherri
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Got my Obagi today.
Can I just ask a couple of Question that have probably been asked and answered before. Please forgive me if this is the case. Also I have not seen a derm just decided to use based on what I have read about system. I did do a search but finding someone in UK who deals with Obagi is like finding a needle in a haystack.
1...How long before peeling/redness starts and finishes Question

2... Can you disguise with mineral make-up during process Question

Thanks everyone

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Got my Obagi today.
Can I just ask a couple of Question that have probably been asked and answered before. Please forgive me if this is the case. Also I have not seen a derm just decided to use based on what I have read about system. I did do a search but finding someone in UK who deals with Obagi is like finding a needle in a haystack.
1...How long before peeling/redness starts and finishes Question

2... Can you disguise with mineral make-up during process Question

Thanks everyone

Hi Lori,

Can't help you with this product. Sure did miss you!!! Please hang around and keep me smiling. Very Happy

Winnie
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Me miss you too Winnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Am I missing something, have u been away loopilori or just keeping a low profile.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi,

I think Lori and I joined EDS around the same time. When you communicate back and forth for months you become very fond of certain members. Lori is one of those people that you can't help enjoying/liking.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
no, from what i know winnie's foot is bugging her. She's usually online a lot more...I'm happy she's still popping in cuz she's got great advice to share!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Just not posting Smile so much lately. Neither is Winnie at one time we always seemed to be replying to each other. We do PM and email though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Friends for like from this site - WICKED Wink
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
no, from what i know winnie's foot is bugging her. She's usually online a lot more...I'm happy she's still popping in cuz she's got great advice to share!

Thanks for remembering Lianne. I am going for therapy three times a week. I went today and they are making me a night brace to sleep in. The hospital is confident this will help a lot.I had a bad sprain this summer and it never healed right. Now I have Achilles tendonitis and my whole arch collapsed. Crying or Very sad
Hopefully with ongoing therapy and a good attitude I will be OK. Surgery is my last option.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
ohh Winnie
Sorry I didn't realise you were having so much trouble and pain. I am sending you healing wishes from across the pond. I am sure everyone else is as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
winnie, did they make custom orthotics for your arch too? My dad used to have horrible heel spurs and he had to get surgery for that...it was a long recovery and he wishes he hadn't had it done.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lori,

Peeling and redness should start within the first 10-14 days depending a lot on your skin. I really hope you have good results with the product but also wish you could have found a derm.

Mine changed my program so often it confused me lol. Our skin all reacts differently and there are different approaches as to how agressively derms want to treat our skin. I wasn't prescribed all of the products so am curious as to how you chose yours?

If you have any questions I can help you with feel free to pm me.

Sherri

Sherri
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |