Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: Alphaderma CE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:18 am      Reply with quote
This is actually a review for my mum rather than for myself. I have used this product myself and while I do like it, I have not seen the effects that my mum is seeing (fair enough, I am 27 and have no frown lines *touch wood*).

Unfortunately, I have lost track of when my mum actually started using this. I have tracked through my EDS posts in order to figure that out but that's proving a little bit difficult also. I think she has been using this for about a month and a half, or thereabouts. Sorry, I know that's not an exact measure but that's the best I can do.

So, before I describe the effects, this is my mum's routine:

Clinique Cleanser (I know, I know.... I'm working on it - trust me!)
Clinique scrub (twice a week - my comment as above Smile)
Skin Prep Gel
Vivier 20% vit C serum
Alphaderma CE

that's it. At night it's the same thing but without the Vivier - nice and simple (she hates complicated beauty routines). She started using the Skin Prep, Vivier and ADCE all at the same time, prior to this she was using an Orlane moisturiser and a 10% vit C serum (from what I remember).

Ok, during the first few weeks of this routine my mum mentioned that her skin felt smoother and just younger in general - particularly on her neck (which had pretty rough skin before). We did see some results in terms of diminished wrinkle depth (except the deep folds running from nose to corners of mouth - they have stayed the same) and also in terms of the texture and clarity of the skin (probably to be expected with higher concentration of vit C as well). Now, after the one and a half months or so, the difference is quite dramatic (needless to say, she loves the results!). Her skin does look younger (a bit hard to explain really, but it does and a few people have commented to that effect), her face is not as greyish/dull, she says her skin feels firmer (I haven't done the prod test so I don't know Laughing ) and the depth of her frown lines has definitely dimished - particularly the two vertical lines she has between her brows. The routine hasn't had as much of an impact on the lines from her nose to the corners of her lips, but there has been some improvement there as well.

The interesting thing too is that she has not needed a moisturiser most days while using this. Her skin has been usually quite dehydrated in the past. I have a feeling it might be the addition of the skin prep that might be responsible for this.

All in all, even though these products don't have fancy packaging and aren't fragranced, she is a big fan and even dad has commented on her skin looking better (this is close to a miracle in itself really). I wish I had taken before and after pictures to show you guys (and to have a reference point for myself too). I guess it's not too surprising though, Argireline has been in the news a fair bit and all the cosmetics companies seem to be jumping on the band wagon. I wish I could comment on the effectiveness of this vs Relaxaline and vs the Vivier TMR, but this is the only product my mum has tried so far. I know that you need a 10% concentration of Argireline for it to be effective but I think both the Vivier and R-a-L have that concentration also. It would be interesting to see if they all give the same results and if the additional ingredients in ADCE also have some impact. I am going to ask my mum to try the Vivier and Relaxaline next to see how she likes them. She'll probably continue using the prep though regardless of what Argireline product she tries. Shall report on the Vivier TMR and Relaxaline when she finished off the ADCE.

Mabsy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy

I feel so sorry for your mother or should I call her your guineau pig Laughing

Send her my regards

Molly
Mabsy

Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Laughing No need - she loves it and she reaps the benefits, she also doesn't mind trying out new products. I'm not hanging over her everyday analyzing her skin under a microscope - just observing the general changes to her skin.

Btw, I found the earlier post I made. She started using this on Oct 5th.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I am so happy your Mother has been doing so well with AlphaDermaCE. After a while on her routine if she wants more firmness I would recommend JB's DMAE Firming Serum. After a couple of weeks of use I have noticed increased firmness especially around the jaw line. I even put it around my eye bone Shock .

I would not suggest this after 1 1/2 months as I have been using AlphaDerma line for over 4 months religously. I now use the DMAE at night instead of the PREP. It's working.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I don't think she'll want to let go of the prep actually. Interestingly, she's going through that at a faster rate than the ADCE... hmm
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am so mad at myself! Just got back from the store and bought Hyaluronic Acid as a moisturizer for winter. When I got home I called Janson-Beckett. They have put a high percent of Hyaluronic Acid in their Skin Prep! So now the Prep will even deliver more moisture. I am really excited that HA has been added to the Prep.

Vitamin K and Horse Chestnut Extract have been added to Okusil. You can see the changes on their website.

Janson-Beckett Sales Rep., Cape Cod, MA
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Those additional ingredients sound great but I must say I am a tad disappointed as I just received my order and I looked on the labels and the additional ingredients are NOT in the ones I recieved.... here's me feeling sorry for myself.... Crying or Very sad
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to tell everyone who recently purchased the Prep or Okusil that we have added some ingredients that make the items even more effective. The next time you order tell the sales rep on the phone that you want an additional 5% off either of those items and you will get it, even if you are buying a special. Simply give them the date and P.O. of your last purchase within a 2 week period of the new items coming out and you will be eligible for the discount. Everyone have a happy Holiday.
Thank you
Ian
lily wrote:
Those additional ingredients sound great but I must say I am a tad disappointed as I just received my order and I looked on the labels and the additional ingredients are NOT in the ones I recieved.... here's me feeling sorry for myself.... Crying or Very sad
Smile

5% products discount

Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Based on your posts, I too have just received and started using these products and so far I have to say you really can see a difference. A little disappointed too that mine that I just received last week didn't include the upgraded ingredients though. These products are not inexpensive!! I wish they had posted that they were changing - I would have waited that extra week.
goldlovr

Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I have enjoyed this board for sometime now as a viewer not a participant!! I have gotten some excellent recommendations from everyone. I also recently purchased alphaderm , prep, okusil ( all repeat purchases) and many other items. I have to say I am very disappointed that within one week the forumulations have changed. I feel something should have been said - especially being a return customer. Saving 5%? I would rather have the improved products.
missboo
5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you - you said that better than me!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
goldlovr wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I have enjoyed this board for sometime now as a viewer not a participant!! I have gotten some excellent recommendations from everyone. I also recently purchased alphaderm , prep, okusil ( all repeat purchases) and many other items. I have to say I am very disappointed that within one week the forumulations have changed. I feel something should have been said - especially being a return customer. Saving 5%? I would rather have the improved products.

Janson-Beckett just recently decided to put Hyaluronic Acid in the Prep. Many woman were concerned about hydration with the winter months here. The same with the Okusil: Vitamin K and Horse Chestnut Extract were added as an extra bonus for dark circles and puffiness. Okusil now having these ingredients combined with 10% Argireline and HA Acid will take care of all the eye area concerns.

The Prep and Okusil as it WAS is wonderful. JB is constantly listening to their customers requests and trying to always stay a step ahead. For those who bought recently you will get 5% off your next order as a courtesy.

I don't even have the new products. The same day the forum found out about the added ingredients I did. I was the one who announced it as I was so excited. Not many skin care companies releave a change in a product until it happens.

Winnie

Sales Representative Janson-Beckett
missboo
5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, thank you for all of your posts! I would never have tried these products if it wasn't for you.
Wasn't trying to sound ungrateful for the 5% discount - just always want the latest and greatest and since I just purchased I now have to wait. Shock
What JB product do you suggest for eye lids? No sagging, just slight darkening with age.
Thank you again - my skin looks wonderful!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
missboo wrote:
Winnie, thank you for all of your posts! I would never have tried these products if it wasn't for you.
Wasn't trying to sound ungrateful for the 5% discount - just always want the latest and greatest and since I just purchased I now have to wait. Shock
What JB product do you suggest for eye lids? No sagging, just slight darkening with age.
Thank you again - my skin looks wonderful!!

The eyelid ampules are said to be wonderful. Ruth Marion is using them and likes them very much. They are under salon products.

Janson-Beckett Rep.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've been resisting the JB product line until now. You guys are just too convincing! Angel Thanks to Winnie, Very Happy I bought some trial samples. I should receive the samples later this week. I will report out once I tried.
missboo
5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Winnie.
Good luck Happygirl!! Really nice products!!
Mabsy

Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi & welcome to the forum!

I can sympathise, as this has happened to me a few times with other lines. However, I can see why it does happen. Products sometimes get reformulated and they must eventually be released. If a company announces a week prior that the formulation is changing then the people who bought it just before will feel a tad ripped off (unless the re-formulation makes the products worse - here's looking at you L'Oreal Exfotonic! - in which case you feel very lucky Laughing ). So, if the company announces it two weeks prior, these people will be fine but then others that bought it just before will feel ripped off. So there's not much really that any company can do - they will always end up affecting the people who have "just" bought the product, regardless of how much notice they give.

But what really peeves me off is when companies discontinue products that I happen to be attached to! Then you end up running around town trying to stock up in places that haven't sold out yet.... That happened to me with Clinique Almost Lipstick a few years back. It's back in production now, but no longer one of my faves Rolling Eyes

goldlovr wrote:
Hi Everyone,
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone have experienced mild eye irriation with Okusil oil around the eyes?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:52 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:

I never had a problem happygirl163. Tell us what is going on so we can help you more. You are fairly new to using the product correct? Sometimes when you introduce something new into you routine you may experience a very slight irritation. If that is the case I would suggest introducing it gradually (like once a day and very light application). Do you have very dry skin? You might need to use a eye cream over it. Are you using any other product with it? Just recently I tried using a vit. C serum for the eyes under Okusil. My eye puffed up when I used the 10% vit. C with the Okusil. Of course that could be because I was not used to using a Vit. C product. There could be so many reasons for a slight irritation. If you are experiencing this let us know your routine.

Winnie
JB Sales Rep., MA
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
happygirl163 wrote:

I never had a problem happygirl163. Tell us what is going on so we can help you more. You are fairly new to using the product correct? Sometimes when you introduce something new into you routine you may experience a very slight irritation. If that is the case I would suggest introducing it gradually (like once a day and very light application). Do you have very dry skin? You might need to use a eye cream over it. Are you using any other product with it? Just recently I tried using a vit. C serum for the eyes under Okusil. My eye puffed up when I used the 10% vit. C with the Okusil. Of course that could be because I was not used to using a Vit. C product. There could be so many reasons for a slight irritation. If you are experiencing this let us know your routine.

Winnie
JB Sales Rep., MA

Winnie,
I applied the prep allover after cleaning. I give it 2-3 mins to absorb before applying AlphaDerma CE, again allover my face. Then, I dab small amount of okusil around my eyes, that's when I got the slight irriation. and finally, I gentlly cycle my eyes with Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream and Dermalogica Active Moist on my face. I dont usually combine JB products with vic-C.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Happygirl,

You say you are apply AlphaDermaCE all over your face. If you are using it on the eye area, stop. Where both AlphaDermaCE and Okusil have 10% Argireline in it, you don't need to layer both. Some people do layer them. I just use Okusil around my eyes. Hope that helps. You can email me anytime if you have any questions. Also try for a week to use the Okusil during the morning and just your cream at night. Within a week you should be able to use Okusil 2x's a day.

Happy Holidays,
Winne
JB
DebL
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I received my new order of ADCE last week. Gotta say I'm lovin it ! I ran out of my sample bottle a good 1-2 months ago. Now I have the big bottle I have started applying to the stretch marks & scarring I have had for years on my stomach, breast & hips (in addition to my frown line, as before). I haven't really been paying too much attention to the new areas - I normally try to avoid viewing them Embarassed - however, I noticed this morning that all the marks, especially on stomach, are reduced considerably already. I think I have only applied maybe 3-4 times to these areas. There is 1 patch that is still quite noticeable but I suppose this could be from not applying as much to it or maybe it was worse than the others.. Question
Anyway, just thought I would share with everyone. Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:30 am      Reply with quote
That's great DebL! I have seen some before/after pics with ADCE on stretch marks but do not recall any EDS member trying it out on stretch marks as yet. When you say that the marks are reduced, is that the stretch marks or the scars as well? Are you using it with the prep gel or without? My mum is by now pretty attached to both but I get the impression that she favours the prep (no kidding!). It seems to have a smoothing effect on her skin which makes an awesome base for the JI Liquid Minerals. By itself though I don't think it has any effect on stretch marks/wrinkles. It's supposed to increase absorption and the smoothing seems to be a bonus Smile

Good to hear from you btw, and Merry Christmas!
DebL
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy, festive wishes to you too. wave
I have never used the prep but do always put a little moisturiser over top. If its too humid for cream stuff (as you know it has been lately) then I just spray a bit of my "MD moisture defense antioxidant spray".
As far as I can tell it is working on both stretch marks & scars. I should point out that the scars have the same appearance as stretch marks, because of the nature of the injury, so I'm not sure if there is an actual difference in the structure of the skin between these Question
The "sheen" of the marks has diminished thus they do not stand out as much & the general toning of the area is improved.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Deb,

I am sooooo happy!!! I am at an age that I don't put AlphaDermaCE on my body. I have a nice C section scar from belly button down. It doesn't bother me as I am not wearing bikini's anymore Laughing I did have a childhood scar above my lip. When I started using AlphaDerma I was not looking to get rid of that scar. I was more concerned about my skin's firmness. After a few months of applying the ADCE I noticed the scar above my lip was barely noticable. Thank you for reporting your results. Most people get the treatment just for antiaging face benefits.

Merry Christmas,
Winnie
JB, Cape Cod, MA
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |