Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Rave - I Feel Pretty Body Products (and scents)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I just got my I Feel Pretty package today (how nice of it to make it right on Vday!). It contained a healing serum, 2 body lotion samples (Kim threw in one as a freebie) and a Body scrub. All in their special Vday scents.

Body Lotion in "Strawberries and Whipped Cream":
Ok, I totally want to pour this all in my mouth and eat it up! This smells soooo real it's not even funny - it's SOOOOO scrumptious! Drool I've had trouble finding organic DIY companies that make good scents - their descriptions are wonderful online but when I get them there are always a weird undertone to them (due to the blend of ingredients) that I haven't found one I really liked. But this, this is SOOOOO perfect, Kim's scents are to die for and they are so exact to their description that as a recommendation I doubt you'd even need samples!

Body Lotion in "I Love Chocolate"
This wasn't a sample I bought but a sample that Kim threw in. OMG I LOVE this scent the best. So much that I already emailed her to purchase her full size Body lotion, shower gel AND Body spray in this scent (doesn't that already say enough about the product?). It's a blend of citrus, chocolate and musk (since the scents ended today the descriptions are no longer on her site) but to me this smells very feminine, with an overlay of chocolate. A perfect gourmand smell. I love gourmand smells especially Vanilla but I'm super picky and this one is to DIE for.

Now apart from her scents which unfortunately are not available anymore (email her if you are interested and perhaps if she gets enough requests she'll make them permanent. She might also have some left-overs from the Vday batch) her lotions are rich, yet super light and sinks in immediately. I am always on the search for the perfect body lotion for my chronically scaly calves and this is IT. Most body butters that provide enough moisture are a bit too thick (like my Bella Lucce from Chocolate Lotus). They sink in quickly but the problem is they are so thick that I don't like using them everyday, not to mention that it's hard to get out of the bottle sometimes. However this one is one I would use EVERY SINGLE DAY and it's moisturizing enough for dry winters and yet light enough for humid summers. She is also getting some new spring/summer scents that sound WONDERFUL starting Feb 19 and again only available for a limited time.

Pretty Please with Sugar on Top Scrub in "Chocolate Covered Strawberries":
Again I totally want to eat this, it's a wonderful polish, very generous sized sample. It feels great on my skin and not overly greasy but provides great moisturize. I'm lazy with my scrubs but for sure a repurchase once I use up my Bella Lucce Peruvian Chocolate Scrub (another winner HG scented scrub). Not hard to spread at all, so enough slip without causing your bathtub to get all slippery. Love it.

So apart from her wonderful skincare she makes great body care too, 5 stars, highly recommended!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
The sugar scrub is excellent for leg shaves. Apply scrub, let sit for a minute or so if you want extra moisterizeing. Rinse off and shave as is, with no added soap, foam, etc. Its amazing. Wink

Love the lotions, all the scents are super terrific. The coconut is wonderful. Spun Sugar, buttercream, chco-orange, etc. To many to name, but I have many of the scents and all are great. Lotion is great in summer when you need moisture, but a heavy lotion is to sufficating.

The sprays are alcohol free, so non skin drying and even nice on bedding and hair.

Nice productline.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add- I have just tryed the new Spring Scents: Sugared Lime, Sugared Lemon, and Sugared Pomegranate.

Love each and the lemon does not smell like Pledge Furnatuure Polish lemon. LOL

They are wonderful fruity spring summer scents. Rich but not overwelming.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
These all sound incredibly delicious, now I can't decide what to try next!
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using her Spun Sugar fragrance (I ) for awhile and I got a sample of Head over heels (similar Philosophy's Falling in ) body spray. I've never smelled Philosophy's in love but gosh darn it, it smells hella grrreaaattt! Since the smell is new to me, today I was walking around and thinking someone smells really good, oh yea it's me. Very Happy It's light and sweet. Another winner.
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Body Lotion in "I Love Chocolate"
This wasn't a sample I bought but a sample that Kim threw in. OMG I LOVE this scent the best. So much that I already emailed her to purchase her full size Body lotion, shower gel AND Body spray in this scent (doesn't that already say enough about the product?). It's a blend of citrus, chocolate and musk (since the scents ended today the descriptions are no longer on her site) but to me this smells very feminine, with an overlay of chocolate. A perfect gourmand smell. I love gourmand smells especially Vanilla but I'm super picky and this one is to DIE for.

Now apart from her scents which unfortunately are not available anymore (email her if you are interested and perhaps if she gets enough requests she'll make them permanent. She might also have some left-overs from the Vday batch) her lotions are rich, yet super light and sinks in immediately. I am always on the search for the perfect body lotion for my chronically scaly calves and this is IT. Most body butters that provide enough moisture are a bit too thick (like my Bella Lucce from Chocolate Lotus). They sink in quickly but the problem is they are so thick that I don't like using them everyday, not to mention that it's hard to get out of the bottle sometimes. However this one is one I would use EVERY SINGLE DAY and it's moisturizing enough for dry winters and yet light enough for humid summers. She is also getting some new spring/summer scents that sound WONDERFUL starting Feb 19 and again only available for a limited time.

After reading this review I had to try this scent. I too am super picky about scents, most give me a headache or just smell too chemically. The "I Love Chocolate" from IFeelPretty ROCKS!! Seriously this scent is delicious.
Another one of my downfalls is I am a penny pincher. I want bang for my buck. If I am going to shell out any amount of money I want it to be on a product that performs. I ordered the lotion and the shower gel. With the shower gel I am able to use 3-4 pumps at the most on a body sponge and it lathers like crazy. The lotion is slightly thicker than Burts Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion but not so thick I have to work at spreading it. It truly is an every day kind of lotion. Moisturizing and user friendly.
I would highly recommend these products. I only wish Kim would bring this scent back.
She has awesome customer service and a fabulous product. I am so happy I finally tried the IFP products!!
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have to add the Strawberries and Whipped Cream is dreamy! I ordered a sample of the Coconut and it is yummy too! Just yesterday I mixed the two together for fun and I'm in .

Has anyone tried the White Tea or Wild Ginger? If so, could you explain those scents to me? TIA Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew, if you've ever tried Origins Ginger products, the Wild Ginger smells very similar to that - it's not a typical ginger - it has a hint of lime, lemon, berry, amber, & musk. Which probably doesn't help much in the way of describing it, LOL!

The White Tea is one of those 'clean, green scents'. It's similar to Origins 'A Perfect World' fragrance. I'm not a big fan of those types of scents - but I have a few customers who really like it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kim! I'll have to stroll by an Origins counter to see if I like those types of scents.
Since you're on here, I just want to reiterate how fantastic you are! I love my lotions and the most impressive thing about them, besides the marvelous scents, is how long the scent actually last! They are a perfect alternative to perfume IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!! Smile

I'm glad you're pleased...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Was wondering are these scented with fragrance oils then, not EO's? I couldn't find that info anywhere on Kim's site.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - the bath & body products are scented with fragrance oils. The facial products contain essential oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kim! your products sound scrumptious btw.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
You're very welcome!! And thanks! Smile

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |