Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
:: Review :: Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Line Gentle Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this in my last EDS order when I asked for samples for reducing redness. WOW...this is ONE lovely cleanser, definitely a big pleasant surprise! This is a light creamy cleanser that has a light and soft scent to it which is not particularly noticeable but quite pleasant. When I first tried it I thought, not another cream cleanser, ugh, it might not clean well enough. But it left my face SQUEAKY clean and yet totally softened my skin and left it hydrated. I also found it more soothing than regular cleansing milks so it does do what it claims as part of the Rosacea line. I can't say it really reduced the redness but my skin looked and felt a lot calmer than before. I tried this mainly because my skin was feeling dry and didn't want to use a cleansing milk and this seriously left me with RESULTS. I am definitely considering purchase of a full size to use whenever my skin is feeling particularly dry or sensitive and I have more of those days now that I'm on Taz. I definitely like this much more than cleansing milks.

Description and Ingredients:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/pevonia-rs2-rosacea-line-p_2526.htm

Here is another review of the RS2 line:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15402&highlight=rs2
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Gentle Cleanser (200 ml / 6.8 oz)
Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Gentle Cleanser (200 ml / 6.8 oz)

Gentle and creamy, this specifically formulated water soluble cleanser combines Green Tea and Chamomile to perfectly cleanse and refresh Rosacea and sensitive skin. Skin surfaces clean, soothed and decongested.

yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi sormuimui

Thanks for the review!

Im actually looking for a gentle cleanser too, so i can use it in conjuction with a BP gel.

You said yo use another cleansing milk? Which brand is that?
After trying this sample, do you think you'll be ordering a full size now?
Also, im guessing it removes makeup too?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to ask: is it ok to use on the eye areas?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure how well it removes makeup because I don't use milky/creamy cleansers on my makeup days, and even if I do I won't know because I always use a cleansing oil first and do a second cleanse after.

It definitely works on my eye area and this really is gentle that I think it will work even if your eye area is sensitive (mine isn't).

Whether I purchase a full size is definitely a toss-up between this or L'Occitane's Floral Honey Cleansing Jelly. I'm actually leaning towards this one as it seems to leave my skin softer and more hydrating with a similar type of clean.

For Cleansing milks I've used Clarins, Primavera, Osea and Dr.H. I wouldn't categorize this as a cleansing milk, it's sorta in between. It doesn't foam and is a cream type of texture but it definitely leaves me squeaky clean as a foaming cleanser would but leaves me hydrated as a cleansing milk would (no film obviously). But with regard to cleansing milks my fav out of all I've tried is Primavera - lightest and cleanest cleansing milk out there but I wouldn't say it's the most hydrating/soothing. So it really depends on what you're looking for. However this Pevonia RS2 Cleanser seems to fit most if not all skintypes - though maybe the MOST oily will prefer the feel of foaming cleansers more because it makes you feel cleaner psychologically. But this one will work for the most sensitive to the most dry without leaving any type of film. When I say squeaky clean I mean that sorta clean type of friction when you rinse in which you'd get from most foaming cleansers but those end up making your feel dry and taut as well. But after I dry my face my skin is super soft and hydrated, no tight feeling at all and it even feels less irritated and sensitive that before.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent!

I dont really have any "gentle" cleansers except for Paula's Choice skin balancing cleanser which Im running out of, so the Pevonia sounds brill!

Really cant wait to try this---i would love my skin to feel soft and squeeky clean again

Thanks for your detailed review and explanation!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
By the way Sormuimui or anyone who uses this cleanser---do you know the ph for this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just get sample of lotion R2 with my latest order from EDS. I will try it too.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="yeahyeah"]By the way Sormuimui or anyone who uses this cleanser---do you know the ph for this?[/quote

If anyone is interested, I emailed Pevonia's customer services about the ph level and this is the email I received:

"Thank You for your enquiry, listed below for your information is the complete list of ingredients for the Rosacea Gentle Cleanser.

Water

Sodium Lauroyl Oat Animo Acids

Avena Saliva (Oat)

Glyceryl Stearate

Carthamus Tinctortus(Safflower) seed oil

Camellia Sinensis(Green Tea) Leaf Extract

Titanium Dioxide

Anthemis Noblis(Chamomile) Flower Extract

Magnesium Aluminium Silicate

Hydroxyethyl Cellulose

Allantoin

Boswella Carterli(OIbanum)Extract

Rosa Gallica(French Rose)Oil

Phenoxyethanol

Methylisothiazolinone

The PH level in this product is ruffley estimated to be about the same as the level in your own skin, as this varies from person to person, it is difficult to put an exact figure on this for that reason.

I hope this is imformation is beneficial to you, and should you require any further details please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind Regards"

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again for the review Sormuimui, cos I like the cleanser!

I love the smell of it, nothing too strong, a faint rose-y fragrance. My skin isnt squeeky clean after cleansing, but it feels and looks clean. Very gentle and soothes my acne. I dont wear eye makeup but I've used it around my eyes withe no problem.

I will continue to repurchase this cleanser until I find something else, as I cant really find a fault with it...except the dispenser/pump cos it came off when I fiddled with it but no biggie Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |