Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
After reading Thoughtcrime's review of it recently, and hearing how minty it was, this product automatically made my list of things to try. Then, my fellow minty product lover Lisa wrote her review and said that I absolutely had to try it... well who am I to argue? Smile

This product is my last week's 'impulse purchase'. I saw it, I remembered the reviews on EDS and I just had to have it. I am *SO* glad that I got it! I love refreshing minty products and this one truly takes the cake! It's an off-white thick lotion that you massage with wet fingers into your skin and then rinse off. I think it might actually be meant for oily skin but I have normal-to-combo skin and can use this without any probs. It does leave my face a bit tight after a while if I don't put moisturiser on though.

It feels soothing and refreshingly minty when you massage it in but for me the mintyness of it really kicks in when you rinse it off and dry your face and then again when you put a moisturiser on afterwards (especially a gel type one; I'm using Soothys Hydropitmale at the moment, more about that later this week Wink).

I've been pretty lucky recently in that my skin has been trouble-free so I cannot judge this product on its effectiveness to reduce breakouts etc. But I do have the impression that my forehead has become less shiny during the day (I've been using the cleanser in the mornings and sometimes even twice a day). It could be unrelated though, you never know.

One word of warning, getting this product in your eyes is not the most pleasant of experiences. While it did not sting or hurt, my eyes felt so damn minty that I could barely open them! It felt exaclty like these eye drops I once bought in Taiwan. They were supposed to be refreshing but ended up being WAY too refreshing for me (too minty). Getting this cleanser in my eyes felt exactly the same way... I can handle minty, and I love it, but not in my eyes.

Yes, I do feel bad for having cheated on my Decleor Cleansing Oil and the YonKa Gel Nettoyant, but I can definitely see why this product made Lisa stray from her beloved YonKa cleanser. I now have three favourite cleansers (ok, four; I still use Eve Lom about once or twice a week) so I'm alternating between the Gel Nettoyant and the Dermal in the morning and between the Decleor Oil and the Dermal at night.

Here's hoping that nobody else finds a cleanser for me to try at least for a little while Smile And, NO, that is NOT a challenge! :P

Mabsy.

ps. Thanks Lisa and Thoughcrime! I would have never considered this cleanser if it weren't for your reviews.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
I'm so glad that you love it! What a great review BTW Wink I know exactly how you feel when you mentioned getting it in your eyes Surprised That's actually the only reason I stopped using it. I wanted a cleanser that I can use to also remove my eye makeup. I'm actually on the search for a new milky or cream cleanser that's vegan. I was disappointed to find out my favorite cleanser--Sothy's normalizing beauty milk has an animal ingredient in it--lanolin Mad I don't know how I could have missed it when I read the ingredients several times! Anyway I am now looking for another cleanser when I finish my M.D. Formulation one. Any recommendations? I prefer milky, creamy or mud cleansers. I'm thinking about Phytomer, Yonka, L'Occitane, or Juvena Q-10. Does the Yonka gel cleanser you have contain mineral oil? Thanks and again I'm glad you found a minty product you love! :P
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, The Clay Cleanser is by far the best cleanser I've used for my adult oily skin. EDS recommended using the Dermal Multi-Active Toner right after using the cleanser. The combination is great - no tight feeling and then I proceed with the rest of my regime.

Avoid your eyes! That's a BIG safety tip! I went to work one day looking like I'd been drinking (from red eyes)! But I love the cleanser sooo much that I just use an eye makeup remover before cleansing at night. In the morning it's not a problem - just use water on the eyes and cleanse away. Alexis
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Woo hoo! I told you Mabsy! I LOOOOOOOOOVE the Dermal Clay Cleanser! It has started to tighten my skin, though, because the weather here is getting colder. I think it would be an ideal cleanser for more humid areas, though. But I alternate between the Dermal Clay Cleanser and the Gel Nettoyant from Yonka so it's a pretty good balance. I also tried a sample of Dermalogica's Anti-Bac face wash and that was also minty! Not as minty as the dermal clay cleanser, but there was a cool tingly feeling! Where has Dermalogica been all my life?!

I'm so glad you like it!
Lisa
Mabsy

Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime - Sorry, I threw the box for the YonKa Gel Nettoyant, otherwise I would be able to tell you the ingredients. Though I'm not sure if you would like this product seeing as you have a preference for the milky/muddy ones. Here's a thought. Have you looked into the Ahava line? I think their products are supposed to contain some sea minerals or something along those lines. Their masks are quite good, not sure about their cleansers though.

Alexis - Yeah, I won't be going near my eyes with this again Smile Mine didn't go red but I have that super minty feeling in my eyes Sad

Chunlisa - Spot on! It's getting rather warm and humid here and this is a really super refreshing cleanser. It's a keeper! Smile

Once again thanks guys! This is precisely why I love spending time on this forum. There are heaps of great people writing great reviews of products that I would not have otherwise considered! Smile
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, I'll look in to the Ahava line-- my only hesitation is that one of their masks I tried as a sample seemed too strong for my skin.
Mabsy

Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime,

The Advanced Mud Masque can be a bit strong for some skins. Is that the one you tried? I hope you're not talking about the Ahava Advanced Mineral Beauty Mask because I was just about to say that it's lovely and quite gentle :P Have you tried it?

Mabsy.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, I tried a sample of the Adv. Mud Masque for normal/dry skin a while back and found it to be strong. I just read the description just now, and i guess it's normal for it to feel that way at first until your skin adjusts to it. It says 1st time users should use it for 3-5 minutes and then you can later increase to 10 minutes or something like that... I have not tried the Ahava Advanced Mineral Beauty Mask. I'll look into it. Was it okay for your normal/combo skin? It says it's for very dry skin. Wink
Mabsy

Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime Smile

It was fine for my skin. Felt very nice and wasn't too moisturising for me. Try and get a sample with your next order and let me know what you think Smile

Mabsy
onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
i will get a sample in my next order and try, if it make my skin good, i will buy it and introduce it to my friends

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
I tried it many years ago, bought it here and like it, I think it is very suitable for men too.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does it works well on blackheads? I used clay mask before, it has some effects on blackhead.
hgao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:40 am      Reply with quote
does it works for sensitive and acne skin? my skin always comes out small pimles, they are under my surface, caurse by oil, but acutally my oil does not oily.
peachy3001
5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
It works well with acne. My skin has the tendency to dry during the winter months and I found using it everyday made the drying worse, but I use it once in awhile for deep cleaning and it feels great!
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the sample. I used daily for 2 days and then alternate day. I really like the mint feel and the skin feel deeply cleansed. I have a few breakout and was advised that this is the best time to use this cleanser to clear out the pimples. It seems working.

It does have a little scrub effect so i dont think I want to use it daily. But i will buy it and alternate it with my other cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |