Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Contour Slimming Body Concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
[maebz]

Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
This is an amazing product. For 8 months now, after I shower, I massage this product into my body, just like it tells you in the instructions that come with it, and I can tell you truthfully, I really feel that it is working wonders for my body and is an elegant treat at the end of my workouts. I don't know if it's because it improves circulation that helps to speed metabolism, reduce bloating or whatever, but in conjuction with a healthy diet and yoga/pilates, I definitely feel that unsightly cellulite has been reduced, my whole body has become more slender, and not to mention the reduction in stress and a general sense of calm from the wonderful aromatherapy of the essential oils. Furthermore, it has worthy moisturizing properties.
I also use Expert Contour Slimming Aromatic Fluid during the day after applying the body concentrate and the Decleor Aromessence Contour Balm in the evenings.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Aromessence Contour Slimming Refining Body Concentrate (100 ml / 3.5 oz.)
Decleor Aromessence Contour Slimming Refining Body Concentrate (100 ml / 3.5 oz.)

1st slimming step of the day
Cocktail of 5 slimming Essential Oils
Dry, non greasy, easy to apply
Special application technique
Result: Slimming is triggered and the skin is ideally prepared to receive the complementary skincare

christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
How long does a bottle last?
[maebz]

Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I would say that a bottle of this stuff could last you 3-4 months, depending on how much you use at a time and how often you use it. I usually use about 4-5 squirts for my legs and thighs, 3-4 for my arms, 1-2 for both my stomach and buttucks.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review maebz. This really does sound like a nice and de-stressing treatment. Is it an oil formulation or a lotion? I'm a big fan of using oils on damp skin. I used the Dr Hauschka ones and the Dermalogica ones and loved them both. My Dermalogica Stress Relief Oil is finishing so I'm either going to buy some Dr H next or the Decleor if it's oil. The Decleor balm is on the card as well but I'd like to know how long it lasts for as it is pretty pricy...
[maebz]

Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
The Body Concentrate is indeed an oil, which makes it perfect to massage into skin and tired muscles. To get the full effects of it, squirt a few drops into your hands, rub your hands together to warm the oil up, take a deep whiff of it (aaah!) then rub it on your body. Heaven in a bottle. Very Happy I couldn't tell you how long the balm lasts because I haven't finished mine yet... but I'm guessing about 3-4 months -- of course that's depending on how much and how often you use it.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so much [maebz] , i'll probably try it ^^ EDS also has it on special right now!
euphonium_music

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
smells divine and is dry and non-oily within minutes :0)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:31 am      Reply with quote
WOW..sounds good. Gonna try this out after I finish my Clarins Total Body Lift
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've considered this what does it smell like?
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 6:03 am      Reply with quote
i recently got the package-the concentrate oil..and the balm...
i love it.. made my skin sooooo soft...
and the scent is so soft and calming...
vote!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds really good. Decleor is one of my favorites.
I definitely will try it.
Thank you for your sharing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have been eyeing this one up for a while and I think it might be the next one I try. Do you remember when you first started noticing results?
Can you put your clothes on after without staining?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds heavenly. It seems a bit pricey for 3 oz though.
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Tried it for two months...didn't work for me at all...no difference
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased this in my last EDS order but have yet to pull it out and use it..am waiting to finish another product. Hopefully its as beautiful as the op says.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
does it help with cellulite?
Lei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Read the comments, I have always maintained that [clarins] products in this area is good, but I tried their face cream, I feel. The brand it. Have a chance to try it out.thank you Laughing
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
does it help with cellulite?

Well, considering that there is absolutely NO active ingredients that have proven efficacy on cellulite in this product.... I would say it definitely will NOT work against cellulite. It's that simple. Read the ingredients. It is nothing but triglyceride oils and some essential oils. Now I will say that the Macadamia and Meadowfoam Oils are good emollients oils, but that's about it.

And their marketing spin gives away the fact that it doens't work against cellulite either: "Slimming is triggered and the skin is ideally prepared to receive the complementary skincare".

Could someone please tell me what "slimming is triggered" really means??!! That is pure marketing spin. It doesn't really mean anything, and that's what you have to be on the lookout for when choosing cosmetic products.

If you want a real anti-cellulite product, look for one with proven active ingredients that truly fight cellulite like caffeine, ruscogenins, aminophylline, Lanachrys 2B, and a few others.

Hope this helps,

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Ciboulette wrote:
Tried it for two months...didn't work for me at all...no difference

I've tried a couple of their products and hated them! I see a lot seem to like them, guess I am
in the minority but at those prices at least you would expect some results, for me they are a big nothing! I threw mine away!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
ok CHIEF! i guess only an expert would know these thngs about ingredients and marketing! not us regular consumers
imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am not concerned about my body skin, this is wrong! This is really so good? I love decleor skin concentrate, may be able to try its body products.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |