Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Regarding Ageless, I haven't had any bad experiences with them, although I understand that some time back there were problems.

Even if I did have problems, I would still be everlastingly grateful that I started this program. I tried a lot of others, just about all of them except for Carolyn's and FlexEffect, and none of them compared.

It is so worth it. I wouldn't let others' past bad experiences deter me in this case - if you start this program you will never regret it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Freya wrote:
Can anyone recommend an exercise to widen one eye? I have noticed one eye is wider than the other. It isn't due to aging skin, but rather to the muscles of one eye being stronger or just the size being different.

I have tried using an exercise where I grip the eyelid of narrower eye while trying to open the eyes wide. I got this from "Ageless if you Dare".

I would also be curious if anyone has had success with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Freya, I just saw your post and thought I would mention something Sean from the FlexEffect forum mentioned to me
Is your problem eye the side that you sleep on? Mine was and after mastering the art of sleeping on my back (including,to begin with, having a rolled towel under my knees to make my back more comfortable) it got much better. Also he mention that hydration isn't just about water. I started having more omega 3 and I think that may have helped my overall skin condition

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I started reading this thread and please excuse me but I had to jump around and speed through some of it. Which means I probably missed something important. It's a loooooong thread going back a few years with some really great information.

I thought I'd throw in my two cents worth here.

I've been doing facial exercises for almost thirty years. Mostly my own stuff. Everyone may disagree with me but I don't believe in pulling the skin all over the place. I studied anatomy for several years as an professional make-up artist and dancer. I paint portraits as a hobby too so facial anatomy comes with the territory I guess. Anyway, much of the exercises I've come up with are rather simple and start with good posture. Ladies can do all the facial exercises they want and have all the face lifts available and botox themselves up the wahzoo but if one is slumped over even slightly or you jut your head forward it ages your look. To have a good neck and jaw line you start with good posture.

This are many great examples of someone explaining posture on youtube. I could post some but I'm new here and it might not be allowed.

One thing that is interesting to me is the eyebrow area and exercises some of the practitioners demonstrate. I have a slightly different approach. Here it is:

With each hand I place four fingers tips on each eyelash line...that is.... on top of the eyelid but close to the eyelashes. Eyes are closed. My right hand fingers tips are on my right eyelash line, my left fingers on my left eyelash line. (forget about your thumbs, ya don't need 'em)

The exercise is as follows: With the eyes closed and the tip of my fingers on the eyelid near the lashes I push up on each lash line while at the same time trying hard to close my eyes. You should feel a resistance. Don't squint your eyes closed. (It causes wrinkles) Use the muscles. It might take a few times to find the correct eye muscle.

I think one of the fallacies people have is that the eyebrow drops over time and sags down. Well yeah, it certainly does but often it just looses all the muscles under it that gives the brow it support. Sometimes older people's eyebrows have raised up and there is a greater distance between the pupil and the brow than when they were young. I have some photos of this but can't post links yet.

Somehow plastic surgeons have convinced everyone that raising the eyebrow way up will make you look young and I tend to disagree a little with this. Take a good look at teenagers. If you google teenager images you mostly notice horizontal eyebrows on the young with a very slight arch.

Anyway, I must get back to work but will come back and keep reading this thread. Thanks everyone!!
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:
To have a good neck and jaw line you start with good posture

I was told this many years by my first singing teacher and have tried to put it into practice ever since. I was also told by another teacher that your bust should enter the room first! Smile

Re eyes/brows, I have recently noticed a decrease in volume on each outer browbone, the wider area underneath the brows - I can feel the bone much more. I woke up the other day with one eye hooded/closed at the very outer edge - something I have never had before Shock (I was even beginning to think I'd had a mini stroke)- cue immediate eye exercises to open the side of my eye up and massage which I hope will thicken the brow over time to help lift the eye area (if I ever had filler, I think I'd have it on the browbone!). Today it looks much better but I can see that that side has certainly lost more brow volume than the other - this area doesn't have any muscle immediately underneath it.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I read your previous comment on singers and their neck area. It is to true! And almost all singers, and I'm referring to opera singers mostly, have good posture. You can't sing very well in a slouched position.

The other exercise I do for the eye area is to take the tip of my fingers and push DOWN on the top of the eyebrow bone area with my fingers tips, while at the same time trying to OPEN UP my eyes as in a bulging fashion. These two motions are diametrically opposed to each other and you can feel the resistance. I actually take my fingernail and slightly dig it into my skin on the brow bone while pushing down for more resistance. It gives my eye muscle something to work against. Resistance training on a very small level for the face you might say.

Personally I never push the eyebrow upward from underneath as I've seen some in facial exercise regimes. I don't feel any muscle working at all but I sure do see wrinkles forming in the forehead.

For the Undereye area I take one finger under each eye, just below the lower lash line and with the eyes wide open, again in a eye bulging fashion.... I pull down very, very slightly with the finger while at the same time pulling up with the bottom of the undereye. The undereye muscle is a very difficult muscle to isolate. It's almost like a squinting motion but only with the lower eye area. It's a pulling up motion with the lower eye while pulling down with the finger tip. Again opposing the muscle movement as in body building except with very, very tiny muscles and slight movement. This undereye muscle is very weak so it doesn't take much simultaneous pulling down and contracting up to make it happen and you don't want to be pulling the skin all around too much.

A note about the bulging eyes. This is different than the wide eyed surprised look. The eyebrows aren't raised. It's the surrounding eye muscles that are used not the forehead muscles.

One can also take that bulging eye movement and look left for five seconds and right for five seconds while pulling down with your finger under the eye area. It works the inner eye and outer eye area.

Well, gotta get back to work!
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:
I read your previous comment on singers and their neck area. It is to true! And almost all singers, and I'm referring to opera singers mostly, have good posture. You can't sing very well in a slouched position.

The other exercise I do for the eye area is to take the tip of my fingers and push DOWN on the top of the eyebrow bone area with my fingers tips, while at the same time trying to OPEN UP my eyes as in a bulging fashion. These two motions are diametrically opposed to each other and you can feel the resistance. I actually take my fingernail and slightly dig it into my skin on the brow bone while pushing down for more resistance. It gives my eye muscle something to work against. Resistance training on a very small level for the face you might say.

Personally I never push the eyebrow upward from underneath as I've seen some in facial exercise regimes. I don't feel any muscle working at all but I sure do see wrinkles forming in the forehead.

For the Undereye area I take one finger under each eye, just below the lower lash line and with the eyes wide open, again in a eye bulging fashion.... I pull down very, very slightly with the finger while at the same time pulling up with the bottom of the undereye. The undereye muscle is a very difficult muscle to isolate. It's almost like a squinting motion but only with the lower eye area. It's a pulling up motion with the lower eye while pulling down with the finger tip. Again opposing the muscle movement as in body building except with very, very tiny muscles and slight movement. This undereye muscle is very weak so it doesn't take much simultaneous pulling down and contracting up to make it happen and you don't want to be pulling the skin all around too much.

A note about the bulging eyes. This is different than the wide eyed surprised look. The eyebrows aren't raised. It's the surrounding eye muscles that are used not the forehead muscles.

One can also take that bulging eye movement and look left for five seconds and right for five seconds while pulling down with your finger under the eye area. It works the inner eye and outer eye area.

Well, gotta get back to work!

Hi Tiptoedancer, I actually did move into opera singing eventually - spent a fortune on private lessons Rolling Eyes to get my voice to a semi-pro level - but have only ever done amateur opera - I had a day job!

Thanks so much for posting the eye exercises (and in your previous post). I will try your pushing down eyebrow exercise over the next month or so. I am able to isolate the lower lid muscle but don't use any resistance - I have not noticed much change so will try a little resistance with the tip of the finger as you explained. Will have to practise the bulging eyes! I tend to do eye exercises intermittently when I remember, but usually 2 - 3 x each week. I know one has to keep at all of these exercises (just as with the body) or things deteriorate - maybe that is what happened with my outer eye, as I have been a bit lax this last week.

Tyger
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tyger. That is so admirable. Opera is such a difficult field and so beautiful. One time I was driving and listening to the radio and Beverly Sills was singing an aria on the classical station. It was so breath taking that I had to pull over on the side of the road. I didn't think I could drive and listen at the same time.

This is totally off topic. Sorry.
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:
Hi Tyger. That is so admirable. Opera is such a difficult field and so beautiful. One time I was driving and listening to the radio and Beverly Sills was singing an aria on the classical station. It was so breath taking that I had to pull over on the side of the road. I didn't think I could drive and listen at the same time.

This is totally off topic. Sorry.

Yes, a really beautiful voice can literally stop you in your tracks! Whilst training I read all I could on the anatomy of the voice - apart from being interested (I like to learn about inner workings!), I thought it would help improve my singing technique Very Happy .

Back on track, I agree that pulling the skin around is not good - I have never had a facial - but now do the pinching massage from Ageless. I find it thickens some areas but not others - but doesn't do any damage so far as I can see. Portrait painting must give you a unique insight into facial ageing, especially as portraits are often side-lighted, showing every nook and cranny! Very Happy

Tyger
deliawe

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know of a good exercise to correct the corners of the mouth drooping, and how to prevent the mouth opening from shrinking?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't do exercises just for that, but instead a complete program and you'll find that suggestion in many places.
deliawe wrote:
Anyone know of a good exercise to correct the corners of the mouth drooping, and how to prevent the mouth opening from shrinking?
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering the same thing about mouth corners as well. I was using CFF for 8 months and didn't see any changes there but noticed bad changes in my eyes so I stopped. I'm interested in trying something else though. Any ideas?
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am doing facial magic by cynthia rowland which is a program that uses isometric resistance. I think it is probably similar to flex effect in that some of the moves have you pulling on the skin from inside your mouth. I am getting some good results but some of the moves I am leaving really red imprints on my face where I grab and hold the skin. Is this normal? I don't know if I am pressing down or pulling too hard compared to what other people do. If anyone can help I would appreciate it a lot, I just hope I'm not causing permanent damage to the skin over time. Confused
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
egyptianpharmacist wrote:
I am doing facial magic by cynthia rowland which is a program that uses isometric resistance. I think it is probably similar to flex effect in that some of the moves have you pulling on the skin from inside your mouth. I am getting some good results but some of the moves I am leaving really red imprints on my face where I grab and hold the skin. Is this normal? I don't know if I am pressing down or pulling too hard compared to what other people do. If anyone can help I would appreciate it a lot, I just hope I'm not causing permanent damage to the skin over time. Confused

Hi There!

I am familiar with Facial Magic. No need to worry about doing damage by pressing too hard or pulling. If you bruise yourself, it's simply a bruise the same as you would get anywhere else on your body and will clear without a trace. Obviously bruising is NOT your goal, but frankly strong pressure on facial tissue (according to FlexEffect) is a huge plus in getting results. I have at times became overly aggressive and caused what looked like a small reddish mark on my face; I'd just throw a bit of makeup on it and call it macaroni... a day or two...all gone. Bottom line, Facial Magic is a good program...Train On!

Check your PM.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |