Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Pure Luxe vs. Alima Mineral Makeup MMU
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
MermaidGirl--

My Lumiere samples took forever to get to me too(took about a week 1/2). I was going to test them out tonight, will report back!

Geez! She must have shipped them Pony Express or something!

Please report your findings - I'm interested to hear what you think. What formulation did you get? I opted for the Veena Velvet because so many of the other ones I tried were chalky looking, so I thought this formula might alleviate that problem.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my Lumiere samples a few days ago. (Pony express is right!) I'll try them out for a few days and then report back. And MermaidGirl, I totally agree with you about EDM Intensive, ugh! Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks of Lumiere!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
amnis wrote:
... Hi MermaidGirl- it sounds that perhaps we have similar skin tones. As a comparison I was wondering if you have tried any of the following MMU and if so, which shades worked best for you:

Jane Iredale
True Cosmetics
Mineral Boutique
Aromaleigh

Are you still wearing Alima?

Hi Amnis! No I am not still wearing Alima. I guess I can say I'm very guilty of a "premature evaluation." Wink It ended up being too matte on me, and somewhat chalky looking. I'm still very impressed with the color range, however.

I have not tried any of the ones you've listed, but I have tried these:

* Pure Luxe (nice coverage, no color match for me, made me itch - however, she has the most amazing eyeshadow and blush colors EVER!)
* UGloGirl (loved the softly glow-y formula, no color match and the coverage was too light)
* Ocean Mist (horrible, horrible, horrible fake child's plastic doll colored foundations - no color match, made me itch like crazy)
* Everyday Minerals - Intensive (no color match, made me itch, coverage was a bit chalky, made me cough when applying it - felt like I was inhaling smoke or something - ick! However, I found a blush I LOVE - its called "ChitChat")

I'm currently waiting for my Lumiere samples to arrive and have no idea why they are taking so long. I've heard wonderful things about this line. Am considering trying Aromaleigh as well.

BTW, I haven't found a color match yet. I'm thinking I should try to match my neck instead of my face this trip around because nothing has worked so far. *Sigh!*

Tell me what your MMU experiences have been like, please.

I think it's a good idea to go for matching your neck. That's what I finally did and it seems to help even things out and make finding a match easier (my face has so many shades... or it did (it's now better after Zenbiotic) that it was hard to know what matched well... I think my face wants to be the color of my neck but it tends to get so red b/c of all the veins being close to the surface of my skin and my skin being translucent). (For awhile I was going around looking like I was wearing a mask! Laughing)

I hope you find a good color match with Lumiere! Aromaleigh has a broad selection of shades. IMO I didn't like it so much. I felt it made me look a bit pastey or something. That was the problem I had found after trying MB,AL and PL. So I kind of gave up on the small company MMU search and tried True Cosmetics. It's a great texture and isn't pastey on me at all. It's also a perfect match! (Fair #1) but I am not all that crazy about it containing dimethicone and parabens. That's why I am looking into trying Alima and Uglo... I was hoping that Uglo would work b/c they use silk mica instead of serecite (I am starting to think that perhaps serecite mica, which has more of a grey color, is what makes me look pastey in the aforementioned unsuccessful MMU brands I've tried).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how Lumiere works for you. (You too, vonstella.)

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered my Lumiere samples tonight. Received the Alima samples a few days ago and loved that after mixing c-0 winth n-1 I had a perfect match! My little sister said "wow you don't have a makeup line like you usually do" Laughing . But it didn't deliver enough to fully convert me to MMU. Can't wait either to hear what you ladies think of Lumiere!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I realize this is an old post.

Is anyone currently using the Pure Luxe foundation or other products?

I am looking for a foundation to replace my discontinued Lumiere. I was wearing Light Neutral in the Cashmere formula.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Autumn1995,

I'm in the process of placing an order with Pure Luxe, but am not sure they're still in business! I'm trying to contact the owner, Christina, to see if she is still accepting orders. If so, I'll reorder with her. Last order I placed was in 2012. I started using a Make Up For Ever liquid foundation that was like applying tinted water, but my skin has improved lately and I don't need a lot of coverage.

Not sure if you've already placed an order with Pure Luxe (your post is months old) and received it, and what you think of the product. My favorite MMU foundation was Lumiere, but they went out of business. I'm not in love with Pure Luxe MMU foundation (color match was not great, and it makes me itch if I perspire while wearing it), but it works in a pinch, and my hours at work got changed so I need to use a foundation that's super fast to apply, faster than the MUFE liquid, and MMU has always gone on in a minute for me.

I'd love to hear back if you placed an order and received it, and what you think of PL MMU.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates on Pure Luxe or MMU in general?

I had tried a couple brands and while I liked their products I found the foundation itself heavier.

Full coverage = Buff'd and Pure Anada (Canada)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the new Alima pressed compact foundation yet?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Decided to go ahead and try the new Alima compact, but the shade I wanted has already sold out ... of course! Rolling Eyes
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Decided to go ahead and try the new Alima compact, but the shade I wanted has already sold out ... of course! Rolling Eyes

Please post if you go ahead and order the pressed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I went ahead and ordered samples of Alima mineral makeup foundation and one blush.

I ordered from a Canadian site - Fresh Faced.ca. I also got Hurraw lip balms and a muslin cloth.

Hopefully one of shades works for me.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |