Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
::Review:: Jurlique Foaming Facial Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:48 am      Reply with quote
General Info
This gentle, natural, non-drying face wash is suitable for most skin types and conditions. Foaming Facial Cleanser contains high concentrations of natural herbal antioxidants that reduce damaging environmental effects, leaving your skin feeling soft, radiant and ultra-clean.

Directions for Use:
Gently lather a small quantity of Foaming Facial Cleanser on moistened hands, add more water and massage on damp face and neck avoiding eye area. Rinse thoroughly with water.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water); Herbal Extract Mixture from: Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Calendula officinalis, Rosa gallica (Rose), Camellia sinensis (Green Tea), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed), Curcuma longa (Turmeric); Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate; Decyl Polyglucoside; Honey; Hydroxymethylglycinate; Hydrolysed Soy Protein; Glyceryl Cocoate; Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate; Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil; Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Lactic Acid.

Texture
This cleanser is in the form a clear reddish liquid. Its consistency is very light, slightly gel-like. Not as thick as gel cleansers but not as "watery" as Yonka's gel cleanser. It foams up very nicely even when you use a little. It doens't foam up a HUGE amount to the point that it feels like foam is going up your nose (some cleansers do that!) but it foams enough that you feel like you're really cleaning your skin. The foam is also very light, reminds of of foaming mousse cleansers.

Effectiveness
I can't say how effective it is when used alone to take off makeup because I use it after my Pre-Cleanse. I have a stash of cleansers and I they all serve a different purpose. This did leave my face feeling squeaky clean but NOT tight at all. It says a lot for me when I don't feel even slightly taut after a foaming/gel cleanser because I feel slightly taut after Dermalogica's Microfoliant (which most ppl don't). I love the lightness of it and it gives me the feeling while I'm lathering that I don't need to doubt its cleansing properties. My face just feels clean and comfortable and I even look forward to using this.

Comparisons
Now I have been using up lots of samples and this was a sample as well. I've gone through 2 of these and it took a bit of time for me to get through each sachet. I want to compare this to cleansers popular amongst EDSers so I chose Yonka Gel and Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel.

Before I got a sample of this cleanser I was decided in a purchase of Yonka Gel Cleanser after I've used up my current Clarins Gel Cleanser. I prefer this cleanser ONLY for its lathering abilities. Jurlique's foaming cleanser smells funny - I can't pinpoint what it is but I don't really like the smell. I enjoy the smell of Yonka the best and even Dermalogica smells better with their hint of lavendar. However I prefer the texture of Jurlique much better. I find Yonka too watery for my tastes - I KNOW my skin is clean after using Yonka but I don't feel like it's cleaning when I'm massaging it on my skin. I also feel I have to use more because my skin seems to absorb the watery consistency and thus I prefer the slip of something oilier or foamier. Jurlique makes me feel like I'm cleaning my skin lightly, Yonka just makes me feel like I'm rubbing water over it. In terms of effectiveness both Yonka and Jurlique perform well but for me the comfort level after washing is higher with Jurlique (only slightly as neither of them leaves my skin taut).

Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel makes my skin feel very clean and the slip is just as good as Jurlique's. The only problem I have with it is that it leaves my skin slightly taut. I also like the fact that I find my pores appear smaller after using this - perhaps because it makes a better combo with Pre-cleanse. This is also the cheapest of the 2.

Basically the only differences between the cleansers are:
Yonka too watery, slip not that great when massaging on to skin.
Dermalogica - leaves my cheeks slightly tight
Jurlique has neither of these problems and thus my final choice in purchase and can probably even call this HG unless I find something better. The only con is that I don't really like the smell (but then again how important is that?!)

Pricing:
Yonka Gel = 44CAD 200mL
Jurlique = 46CAD 200mL
Dermalogica = 30CAD 250mL

This cleanser is even specifically recommended for acne-prone skin as it contains Tea Tree so an added bonus for me Very Happy
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I've kept going back to either the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel and the Yonka Cleanser. I'd like to find something that falls somewhere between the two. After a while I found the Dermalogica was drying my skin too much and although I love the Yonka one, I like something that lathers up well.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Great review Sormuimui! I am currently using this cleanser at the moment, but only in the mornings as I use my beloved Dr H cleansing cream at night Very Happy I think overall it's a nice, gentle foaming cleanser that leaves my skin feel really clean & fresh. But I do find it does dry out my skin a bit & the smell is a bit overpowering too. I actually received a sample of their newest foaming cleanser for "all skin types" & I think I prefer this one instead.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I thought they only had one foaming cleanser? Is it going to replace this one because this one is for all skin types. I don't see it on the AUS Jurlique site, what does it look like?
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it's going to replace the old one...I don't think so. But here is the link for the cleanser on the Jurlique site...

http://secure.jurlique.com.au/osau/product_detail.asp?category=5&subcategory=18&prod=1910
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Since you have a sample, would you happen to know the ingredients? I'm very curious as to what the difference is. So do you prefer the new formulation or the old one?
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:49 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Since you have a sample, would you happen to know the ingredients? I'm very curious as to what the difference is. So do you prefer the new formulation or the old one?

I'll make a note to get the list of ingredients next time I go to the Jurlique counter which is probably this weekend! Cool The SA didn't actually have any proper samples of the cleanser, she just squirted some from a new tester into an empty sample pot/container for me to take home & try, as I was so keen to try it Very Happy

Yes so far I do prefer this version, as I find the original version a bit too over drying for my skin & the sensitive version doesn't clean as well imo. But this one is kind of in between the two & it doesn't have as much of a strong herbal/tea tree oil scent like the original.
shea

Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I started using this cleanser recently. Really like the smell and fell of it. It does leave my skin a clean yet not dried-out feel.
root1979
5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
buying this today. I use Sothys Purifying Beauty Milk but find it too gentle. Doesn't clean too well.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
This is an update. I emailed Jurlique and got some info on the 2 different versions:

Foaming Facial Cleanser (ALL SKIN TYPES) in White Bottle (NEW one):
Jurlique Foaming Facial Cleanser - All Skin Types is a gentle, non-drying cleanser suitable for all skin types. Gently removes surface impurities leaving the skin feeling refreshed, clean and enlivened.

Unique Benefits:

·Gentle foaming ingredients to help remove surface impurities and leave the skin fresh and clean.
·Enlivens the complexion – herbal antioxidants from Green Tea, Grape Seed and Turmeric.
·Revitalising and refreshing – organic herbal extracts from Calendula, Chamomile, Daisy, Marshmallow, Rose, Self Heal, Spilanthes, Viola and Witch Hazel to soothe and relax the skin.
·Refreshing and uplifting – with a fresh fragrance from essential oils from Grapefruit, Lemon and Peppermint.

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water); Herbal Extract Mixture from: Calendula officinalis, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Prunella vulgaris (Self Heal), Spilanthes acemella, Bellis perennis (Daisy), Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria), Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow), Rosa gallica (Rose),Viola odorata, Camellia sinensis (Green Tea), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed), Curcuma longa (Turmeric); Decyl Polyglucoside; Cocoamidopropyl Betaine; Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate; Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate; Glycerin; Honey; Lactic Acid; Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein; Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil; Citrus medica limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil; Aloe barbadensis Dry Extract; Backhousia citriodora (Lemon Myrtle) Oil; Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Oil; Alcohol; Totarol; Citral; Limonene.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Gently lather a small amount on moistened hands, and massage on damp face (avoiding eye area) and neck. Rinse thoroughly.

Jurlique Foaming Facial Cleanser (Blue Bottle) the one I talk about in this review:
Jurlique Foaming Facial Cleanser is a mild, gentle, non-drying face wash which is suitable for most skin types. It is especially beneficial for oily and teenage skin. With beneficial organic herbal extracts and natural antioxidants Foaming Facial Cleanser leaves the skin feeling soft, radiant, enlivened and ultra-clean.

Unique Benefits:

·Contains natural herbal antioxidants which help protect the skin from the harmful effects of environmental damage and natural ageing.
·Contains gentle plant-based foaming ingredients remove dirt and excess oil without stripping the skin of its natural sebum.
·Made from high quality foaming ingredients (plant oil derived) which are biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
·Essential oils from Tea Tree and Lavender to provide a refreshing fragrance.

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water); Herbal Extract Mixture from: Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Calendula officinalis, Rosa gallica (Rose), Camellia sinensis (Green Tea), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed), Curcuma longa (Turmeric); Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate; Decyl Polyglucoside; Honey; Hydroxymethylglycinate; Hydrolyzed Soy Protein; Glyceryl Cocoate; Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate; Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil; Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Lactic Acid; Linalool.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Gently lather a small amount of Foaming Facial Cleanser on moistened hands and massage on damp face and neck (avoiding eye area) one or twice daily. Rinse thoroughly with water.

From the information on the Jurlique Australia website, both are selling for the same price.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry sormuimui I totally forgot I said I was going to get the ingredients list for the FFC ASS for you, until I saw this thread again! Embarassed

But anyway, I still prefer the new ASS version better I think, the original tends to over dry my skin.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I feel this cleanser is just so so.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I use a "trick" with cleasers that are not leaving you clean clean... I follow it with a micellar water cleanser instead of a toner. My version of Double-cleanse.

Wink

root1979 wrote:
buying this today. I use Sothys Purifying Beauty Milk but find it too gentle. Doesn't clean too well.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |