Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Great mousse for extra body in your hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I had my hair highlighted several weeks ago and fell in love with a mousse that my stylist used on me. It is Matrix Design Pulse Go Big. I have a lot of hair but it is fine. The mousse if a foam and the stylist used a baseball size amount on my hair Shock . I flipped out when I saw that much mousse in her hand, and she said this mousse is different.... Shock she said it won't made your hair stiff or anything it will just add body. BOY was she right....I didn't want to wash my hair even several days later because I loved all the full body volume. I finally found a salon that carried the product and when I used it I was just as pleased as when the stylist used it. Also it held up well while I did some some heavy duty workouts....Is there anyone else here that has tried this product? I saw it on sale here...for 10.50 for 8.5 oz.
http://www.maxbeautydirect.com/1028.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wow a baseball size amount? I would slap that out of her hand if I saw that lol But I guess I'll get this for my sister if what you say is true! Thanks for the suggestion
clustersof3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 9:30 am      Reply with quote
...a baseball sized amount? Seems like over-kill - I can't imagine having that much product in my hair...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Yep that is the amount she used, when I bought the product I scaled it down a little but still used a lot. The way she used it was put the whole foamed amount in her hand and then kept getting some out with the other hand to apply to the hair sections. My results after using it for five times are still excellent. I used to get perms(not for curl) just to give my hair texture and volume.....this product provides the same body to my hair. Nothing I have ever tried has done this. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Yep that is the amount she used, when I bought the product I scaled it down a little but still used a lot. The way she used it was put the whole foamed amount in her hand and then kept getting some out with the other hand to apply to the hair sections. My results after using it for five times are still excellent. I used to get perms(not for curl) just to give my hair texture and volume.....this product provides the same body to my hair. Nothing I have ever tried has done this. Wink

Do you think it would run out really quickly then?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I have similar hair, Toby - very thick but fine and straight. I'm usually ok in the summer when there's high humidity. I must have just enough curl in my hair for the humidity to give it some body.

When you use this product, do you use anything else with it? I can't stand hairspray or anything that makes my hair stiff and currently use only a gel to hold the hair in place after I've blown it dry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Matrix Amplify shampoo? My hair is fine AND thin. My daughter uses the Matrix Sleek s&c and it's great for her hair.

Seems like this brand has some good, high quality products!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Has anyone tried the Matrix Amplify shampoo?

I'll have to check that out, kims. My hair dryer recently gave out on me, and the four I've tried so far to replace it did not give my hair the volume my old dryer did. So it looks like I'm going to have to find a shampoo that will help. I see there is also a gel in the Amplify line. I may try it too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I have similar hair, Toby - very thick but fine and straight. I'm usually ok in the summer when there's high humidity. I must have just enough curl in my hair for the humidity to give it some body.

When you use this product, do you use anything else with it? I can't stand hairspray or anything that makes my hair stiff and currently use only a gel to hold the hair in place after I've blown it dry.

My hair is stick and I mean stick straight....I use the mousse and blow dry it and then use a AG thermo spray on each chunk of hair that I use the curling iron or flat iron on. I do use a hair spray. I can spray my hair and then in ten min. it has no stiffness to it and the hair is too soft. My hair is really a challenge to style...most stylist just give up and hand me the tools and watch me work some magic. They stand amazed....but after 55 years struggling with this hair if I hadn't learned some tricks along the way I would be a pretty sad case Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Your hair always looks so nice and natural in your pictures, Toby. You do a great job of styling.

I was at Sally's today and bought their Generic Matrix Amplify Thick Boost Gel. It was only $5, so I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, they didn't have the mousse - either generic or otherwise - that Toby recommended.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby!

I used to be a great lover of the Matrix Go Big! I am gutted that they discontinued it.

Have you ever managed to find a similar product that lives up to the same standard?
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I liked this so far

ALTERNA CAVIAR MULTIPLYING VOLUME STYLING MOUSSE

misshutchins wrote:
Hi Toby!

I used to be a great lover of the Matrix Go Big! I am gutted that they discontinued it.

Have you ever managed to find a similar product that lives up to the same standard?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |