Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Any new gadgets released for firming?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I have a couple hundred dollars (Christmas) and wondered if there are any new gadgets available?

At 60, I'm looking for something to help with sagging, marionette lines, etc.

I have a myotone which seems to help a bit along the jawline. Just wondered if there was anything new and exciting? I know fillers would probably be the best option but I'm not sure I can justify the ongoing expense.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
There is the Silk'n Titan which is supposed to be for tightening. I purchased it for the same reasons you have. It uses RF red and IR light technology. I've only done 10 treatments so far...too soon to tell if it's going to be worth it.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much! I'll check it out.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Did you consider the Newa prior to purchasing the Titan?

Supposedly more effective? But also another $200.
Not that I'd mind spending the 500 if it really worked. But it had better REALLY work for that much.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Microcurrent is good for lifting such as NuFace or Pico Toner

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently using a microcurrent device (Myotone). I've ordered the Silk'n Titan so we'll see how that works. Smile
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
Did you consider the Newa prior to purchasing the Titan?

Supposedly more effective? But also another $200.
Not that I'd mind spending the 500 if it really worked. But it had better REALLY work for that much.

I've been away and just saw your message. I didn't know about the Newa. I was going to wait for more reviews on the Titan but because of the Black friday sale I went ahead and purchased. I see that the treatment time for each area is much less with the Newa, 4 min. vs. 10-15 min. with the Titan. Here's hoping we see results!
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
The Newa was quite a bit more even though *** had it for 350.00. It also didn't list the forehead as an area that could be treated and I do need help there as well. I went back and forth for probably a week before ordering. I looked at the before and afters on the Newa website and I really didn't see much if any difference. I have 60 days to send it back so we'll see.
I know the Titan is 15 minutes per area but it's only 2 times a week. The Newa recommends 3-5x a week for the first month.

Here's hoping! (for both of us!)
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraine. Is the Myotone working for you? I am on a major mission to reverse whatever happened in the last two months to give me wrinkles around my lower eye and all over the upper lip (philtrum). It coincided with another awful thing - depression. My wonderful DH and then sister passed away two years ago and 1.5 years ago. I moved, was really busy and didn't cry much. I was in some sort of motivational shock. A couple of months ago, it all hit me and the wrinkles developed. Absolutely bizarre! I know that I have been very low on protein intake for about four years. Too busy caring for another can play havoc with caring for oneself. So I'm into the protein now. Kind of challenging when you are a vegetarian. I am curious about the Myotone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't see much with the Myotone. Doing the "advanced" routine was very time consuming. Half hour to 45 minutes every day. That gets old fast.

Funny, I was going to ask you if you'd tried the Nuface. I had purchased the Titan because I didn't see much in the way of results with the Myotone. I'm not sure if results with the Myotone and Nuface would be the same or not since they're similar devices.
I sent the Titan back today.

I'm very sorry for your losses. Grief kind of has it's own schedule doesn't it? Maybe not when you'd expect it. I hope you are feeling better.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Ah that is a long time. I am using the FaceFX for long enough in the eves. Thank you for your kind comments. I am quite convinced that emotions play havoc with the skin in more ways than (unknowingly) wearing a sad expression. Negative emotions have an effect on genetic expression, and, when cortisol is involved, can cause wrinkling and accentuate wrinkles already present. So maybe we need to get super happy! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I just applied AgeOff Instant, which is described as a "90 second facelift" around the eyes. It is temporary but I am hoping it will tighten the undereye wrinkling that became very obvious following a botox treatment to lower my eyebrows. I am getting them de-tattooed as the girl who did them 8 years ago made them too high. This was a new doctor and I now have the anticipated minor hooding but also this bagginess and wrinkling right under the eyes.

Off topic now so I will fly away and report back on the "facelift."

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |