Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Which peptides to use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nikica

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

Few years ago I was using dr. Pickard copper peptides.
I thought of implementing them again to my skincare routine.
However I now read there are other peptides as well on the market.
Are copper peptides still the way to go. Does anyone use other form of peptides or know if other are more potent?

Thanks
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this message as I am also wondering whether to continue with NCN CP II or try Skin Biology (and which one). Does anyone have a preference?

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:40 am      Reply with quote
To me, Skin Biology is the only choice of the first generation copper peptides as Dr. Pickart was the fist one who advocated the use of GHK-Cu to rejuvenate the skin. I trust him that he possesses the knowledge of making copper peptides products.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried SkinBio GHK-Cu and they are good. But they are super expensive! Ever since PSF started making their GHK-Cu serum several years ago, I have been using that one & it is just as good as Dr. Pickard's but much more affordable. You can get the PSF copper peptide serum right here at EDS. It gets great reviews & I love it.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-pure-skin-formulation-p_9445.htm

~HTH
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Does PSF smell more pleasant than Skin Biology?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Timeless Matrixyl serum

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
PSF doesn't really have any smell that I can notice. Maybe a slight metallic smell that disappears once it dries, but nothing like the Skin Biology products!
bugaboo wrote:
Does PSF smell more pleasant than Skin Biology?
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I use and love the I'm Fabulous Cosmetics HIGH TECH COPPER PEPTIDE SERUM. This organic serum at 5% with an extreme concentration, 5%, of Copper Tripeptide GHK-Cu helps to prevent and reverse largely all aspect of visible skin aging.
It is great for extreme skin repair and scarring.
It comes in a
2 oz glass bottle with pump with serum in it + 5% of Copper Tripeptide GHK-Cu mixer concentrate. It comes in two bottles and you need to mix it. This way you get the freshest product that will stay active for you for the longest time.
I use it with my 0.5 skin roller and the results are amazing!
Metallicblue
5% products discount

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I believe current thinking would suggest the current leading peptides in skincare with excellent clinical studies behind them are matrixyl, matrixyl 3000, matrixyl synthe 6. I've heard good things about Syn Coll also. This combined with vitamin A-C-E, antioxidants and sunscreen (plus a few other goodies I love with excellent research behind them such as niacinamide, soy isoflavones, Glucosamine etc.)

Matrixyl is also copper derived and more advanced from what I've read, however, less contraindications! I've never fancied messing with copper peptides and risking the "uglies."
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I used to strictly only use skinbiology products for a couple of years, really didn't have any benefit and wasn't worth the green tinge in my pores. Now the only copper peptide product I use is IS clinical spray.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2017 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I've been wondering this too? was tempted to go back to Skin Biology and add in the new 7% GHK accelerant -since having tried the GHK luxury cream and the skin signals in the past for many years didn't see amazing results...
I recently switched to Osmotics Blue Copper Prime 5 for face? Anyone have success with this? I'm not too excited about renewing the jar for $200 :/ and would love to know if you think its worth it or if there is a cheaper alternative? Smile

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Take a look at YOUR BEST FACE Eye Cream. It's an astonishing formulation containing Metrixyl, Metrixyl Synthe'6 AND SEVEN other peptides, plus antioxidants, vitamins and plant extracts.

For me, peptides used in skincare to take note of are ones that are made by Sederma

Matrixyl released in 2000 = palmitoyl pentapeptide-4 promoted at the time for improving stretch marks
Matrixyl 3000 released in 2003 consists of 2 matrikines = palmitoyl tripeptide and palmitoyl tetrapeptide promoted at the time for collagen and repairing
Matrixyl Synthe’6 released in 2012 = palmitoyl tripeptide-38 promoted at the time for regulatation of cell activity, wound repair and collagen tissue remodeling. It stimulates stimulates six major constituents of the skin matrix and the dermal-epidermal junction (Collagen 1, 3, 4, Fibronectin, Hyaluronic acid and Luminin-5)

We, as people-kind, always want to believe the latest is better. In this case, we are probably right. So, where does it leave Copper peptides? They are naturally occurring in the human body in blood plasma, saliva and urine so it has been around forever, and discovered in 1973. Some of the most promising research was done on 120 diabetic patients and found it improved ulcer closure by 38% and decreased the likelihood of infection by 27%. Does any of this excite me? NO

FURTHERMORE, Cooper peptides cannot be used in Vitamin C so if I had to pick one or the other, I picked Vic C.

In short, I would be looking for products patented by Sederma as listed above.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |