Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Rambo Barbie Rugged Routine for Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Happy February!

I'll be 59 soon and my goal is to age gracefully and keep my skin functioning at top level for health = beauty.

I am so grateful to have followed the DIY skincare path. I've used premium skincare at the lowest cost and am thrilled with the results and the condition of my skin.

There are so many ways to achieve our skin goals. I sure do enjoy reading about other DIYers routines.

I wrote about my skincare routine in the article The Rambo Barbie Rugged Routine for Skincare posted here:

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/http/wwwskinremodelingdiycom/2016/10/17/therambobarbieruggedroutineforskincare

Take good care of yourself!
HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hydrogeogirl- How did you build that infrared bed thing you mentioned in your blogpost?! What internet site/instructions did you follow? How cool is that thing! Also, what have you noticed from it?

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
Deborah An
5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Jenp7

Check THE website of drl wilson.
There are also you tubes.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I adore the near-infrared LED panel that I built.

Here is a link to an article that I wrote about LED:

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/http/wwwskinremodelingdiycom/2016/01/17/increase-collagen-reduce-wrinkles-reduce-pain-and-detox-with-light-emitting-diodes-led

Here are some instructions:

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Near-Infrared-IR-Array-for-Detox-and-Light-T/

There are many instructions. I did not combine the wiring yet. For now, I just plug each light into a strip plug. I did drill four holes in a cedar lined panel. All in my construction costs were $180.00 lights and all. I hung the panel in a shower that I am not using.

I think that it works great. I attended a conference last week and saw someone who I worked with 33 years ago and they did not recognize me because they said that I look so young and then they said that I am amazing (for being youthful) Another co-worker admitted that they recently thought that I looked 10 years younger. I do a lot of stuff but feel that I recently got a boost from the intense near-infrared LED and also from using the Tri Polar Stop.

Smile
HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
Deborah An
5% products discount

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Hydrogeogirl,
Funny you use this too!
I use the single bulb.
I read about it on dr L Wilson his website. I have poor blood cirdulation and it is especially good for that.
My skin was damaged after a dermapen treatment and thanx to the bulb I am using now for 5 weeks I made really improvement.
I am thinking about the sauna too. I bougt 3 lamps already and 3 clamps.

But I thougt the one that gives heat like this https://www.amazon.com/RubyLux-Infrared-Bulb-NIR-Individual/dp/B00N4JE9U6 is NOT a LED! The LED doesnt gives heat.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
It's confusing to me too. For example, here is text taken from a NASA site:

https://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/technologies/led_treatment.html

In this text they refer to red and near-infrared light also as LED. I have to look into this more.

"Biologists have found that cells exposed to near-infrared light -- that is, energy just outside the visible range -- from LEDs grow 150 to 200 percent faster than those cells not stimulated by such light. This form of light increases energy inside cells which results in speeding up the healing process."

Then I found this:

"The optimal NIR technology is done by LED as you are able to control the surface temperature. Also LED disperses over a larger surface area than a RED light halogen or laser. Another major difference between LED and halogen and Laser is the way light energy is delivered (optical power output – OPD). The OPD of LED Near is measured in milliwatts and laser and halogen is measured in watts. This allows LED to have a more gentler delivery as it will not damage tissue and will not have the same risk of accidental eye injury. Also with LED NIR disperses over a greater surface area give a faster treatment time. "

https://www.sunlighten.com/blogs/difference-light-therapy-near-infrared-therapy/

Near-Infrared is a certain wavelength of light. I have to look into the difference between the Ruby Lux NIR light and NIR LED. It should be the same wavelength but perhaps a different delivery.

The spa is great!

Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Following for updates and curiosity satisfaction. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |