Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin B complex for low energy and depression
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Thought I might add to this thread. According to the following article http://www.omegavia.com/supplements-for-depression-anxiety/ the 9 most important supplement for depression are as follows:

1. Omega 3 - 1,000mg of un-apposed EPA
2. Vitamin D3
3. Magnesium
4. B-Vitamins
5. SAM-e
6. Creatine
7. Iodine
8. Glycine
9. Probiotics
10. Zinc

Lol - just realised that is actually 10 supplements so the article has not been edited. Also note there are sponsored products on the page. That said the general science seems valid.
kavita

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow.. I did not knew that. Thanks for sharing such an informative post with us.
nicola_bop

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
A friend's doctor told her to start taking vitamin B complex for low energy and depression. After two months she said that her hair and skin is softer and her nails have grown faster and stronger.

Ya learn sumthin' new everyday!

Cool, I often thought the B-Vitamins really helped with stabilizing mood. Due to so much stress I know b vitamins get depleted quickly. My problem is I don't keep up with taking my vitamins. i think I will try again though. Thanks for your post.
Lilith_10
5% products discount

Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I take a B-Complex religiously and in the beginning the two most outstanding changes it gave me a better quality sleep and my body relaxed deeper.

Due to some luck a friend recommended the Dr Brownstein Iodine protocoll and after reading Lynn Farrow's book the Iodine crisis I decided to use the protocoll which includes:
Iodine
Selenium
Himalayan Salt
Magnesium
Vitamin B
Vitamin C
Vitamin D/K2

as a staple. This cocktail in the morning brought a lot of positive changes.

For energy the most significant parts for me were Vitamin B, D/K2 and Zinc. I would not say I was depressed but just had lack of energy - but now after about 1 1/2 year on the protocol I would say I have my 'bounce' back. I just feel positive. So I am definitely a testimony on what 'simple minerals/vitamins' can do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for bumping this thread, guys! It not only reminded me to take my b vitamins, it also reminded me that I've been meaning to research SAM-e a little more.

I think I recall it helping insomnia also?
Lilith_10
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:20 am      Reply with quote
There are two different things with the Dr Brownstein protocol. A lot of women noticed lessened mood swings during the moon cylce and especially during peri-menopause. It seems to have plethora of extremely important effects on the female body. I think it saved my life - I was hypothyroid and my metabolism startet to change and I felt more 'centred'. My brain finally got clearer.
Vitamin B is knowns as an 'Anti-Depressant' - see this excerpt from doctoryourself.com

"VITAMIN B-6 AS AN ANTIDEPRESSANT

Ample amounts of B-complex vitamins, especially B-6 (pyridoxine) must be present for for your body's normal, depression-fighting chemical reactions to occur. B-6 deficiency is very common in Americans, and that "deficiency" is measured against an already ridiculously low US RDA of only two milligrams. The amount of B-6 needed for clinical effectiveness in, say, rabbits is the human dose equivalent of 75 mg daily. That is over 35 times more than the RDA!

Really enormous doses of B-6 taken alone have produced temporary neurological side effects. It usually takes between 2,000 and 5,000 mg daily for symptoms of numbness or tingling in the extremities. Some side effects have been reported as low as 500 mg daily, but these are very rare indeed. Therapeutic doses between 100 and 500 milligrams daily are commonly prescribed by physicians for PMS relief. A daily total of a few hundred milligrams of individual B-6, especially if taken in addition to the entire B-complex to ensure balance, is very safe indeed"

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |