Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY Filler Injections
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Melanieb2323

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:17 am      Reply with quote
The difference between the ultra 4 and XC is that the xc is approved for use in the US and ultra 4is approved in other countries,so essentially ultra 4 is xc.. The problem is that allergan doesn't like ANYONE cutting Into their business lol and although most these ultra 4 packages coming through into the US are legit product just not approved for sale in US because the XC is our version here..they (allergan) aren't getting their cut so they release as counterfeit info but I myself have bought over 11 boxes myself (used 3 on myself) rest family and friends and all have worked wonderful, I have done my lips tear, nasolabial, and many other area's and saved huge huge money compared to going to my Dr and paying 5Xs as much for something that takes literally 5mins. I understand it's big business but allergan putting such strong arm hold on products and stipulation and insane price hikes on their products causes consumers to feel forced to search out other alternative,just as their new lawsuit they quickly settled 16million they know exactly what they're doing and greedy, hypothetical they are.
zizi5863

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
TKendrick wrote:
zizi5863 wrote:
Probably too late for me. I bought 1 ml restylane from beauty pharmacy this year and injected nl area in early March . Finger crossed ,it has been about 2 months since I injected myself. My packing was fine but I have not personally seen restylane original packing so I don't know how it is suppose to be.

do you have any updates?

So far every thing is fine. It has been 4 months since I injected myself.
tnyherrera

Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello can someone pm me the best place to buy a lip filler and which filler is the best for creating fuller lips?
Kandi
5% products discount

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
as it sounds like Beauty Pharmacy is a no-go, anyone know anything about directdermasupplies.com? I checked Anna's and if you are not in the UK, by the time you order the product and then shipping (extra $55), it is more than I can afford. Thanks in advance!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
The directdermasupplies.com website states they only sell to hospitals, aesthetic clinics and wholesalers
Kandi
5% products discount

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Dianne, I had missed that fact I guess. Sad

Frustrating.....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody know the difference between sculptra and sculptra aesthetic?

There is a new trend using the powder topically after microneedling.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Do you mean sculptra powder? How would that work- it wouldn't go as deep as they inject?
Yola4
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. This is probably a weird favor to ask but here goes...

Almost a year ago I did some skin treatments that really damaged my face and I've basically been home bound since then. It's not vanity it is actually painful. Doctors haven't been able to help. But then I found a possible cure and got really excited. Only to find out they haven't approved this treatment in the USA yet. Idk why when they do some similar ones here. Anyways, I am determined to do it myself (as I'm quite skilled with needles due to my profession and my uncle is able to get the liquid since he's a doctor in Italy and send me it) and yet the DIY skin deep chat site has been taking weeks (almost 3 weeks now) to approve me and let me register. I'm not sure why it takes them so long. I even sent them two emails in the past 3 weeks asking if they could accept my registration. But haven't gotten any response.

This may seem weird but when it's your face and it causes you so much distress every single day feels like an eternity. I just want my life back! To make matters worse I have a few health problems and the stress of this has made me a mess! Anyways...its so important that I get on there as I must get back to work and responsibilities very soon.

Here's the strange request....Can anyone let me use their password and username for the diy skin deep chat just to get information off the site? I only wanted to ask one question but I can wait until they eventually accept me before asking it. I wouldn't interfere with anything you've posted. I've wasted so much time and money on fixing this and now that I have an actual answer to the problem I'm anxious to fix it and move on with life. (Fixing it will of course require a few treatments spaced a month or more apart and the time it takes to learn the technique required so I'm already looking at it taking until the end of summer/beginning of September. Hence my anxiety to get started! If you could inbox message me here or at iolanda26@ymail.com. I'd be so appreciative. Thanks
FillersCurious

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the Radiesse sold by Anna's is authentic? I'm interested in buying it but am afraid it may be a counterfeit product since it is so cheap.
Yola4
5% products discount

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
FillersCurious wrote:
Does anyone know if the Radiesse sold by Anna's is authentic? I'm interested in buying it but am afraid it may be a counterfeit product since it is so cheap.

Anna's cosmetics is by far one of the most reputable sites online to buy from. Also, she conversed with me for awhile before I even purchased. She was even willing to send me my juvederm without charging me first...on the promise that I would pay once I got the box and knew it was real. I'd say go for it!
FillersCurious

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yola4 wrote:
FillersCurious wrote:

Anna's cosmetics is by far one of the most reputable sites online to buy from. Also, she conversed with me for awhile before I even purchased. She was even willing to send me my juvederm without charging me first...on the promise that I would pay once I got the box and knew it was real. I'd say go for it!

Thanks for the info! I'm glad to see that Anna's is a legit source.

On a related note, do you know if directdermasupplies dot com (can't type full URL since I'm a new member) carries authentic products as well? Their prices on a lot of fillers are cheaper than Anna's and a lot of other stores, but I wasn't sure if that could be a sign that their products are counterfeit.
Yola4
5% products discount

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
FillersCurious wrote:
Yola4 wrote:
FillersCurious wrote:

Thanks for the info! I'm glad to see that Anna's is a legit source.

On a related note, do you know if directdermasupplies dot com (can't type full URL since I'm a new member) carries authentic products as well? Their prices on a lot of fillers are cheaper than Anna's and a lot of other stores, but I wasn't sure if that could be a sign that their products are counterfeit.

I'm going to private message you.
Lady5pace

Thu May 03, 2018 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi, everybody. I've been lurking around here for some time, but never posted since so many people seem to be vehemently against self injection. I just didn't want to deal with the hate. Anyway, like many of you, I'd been paying a doctor to do all my stuff for a long time, but the expense is way, way uncalled for. So, I set out to learn everything I could about different fillers, facial vasculature, where and how I could get my hands on some good fillers, etc... I got my fillers and prepared everything, sat down in a quiet space, and...chickened out. I started in the nasolabial folds since that is the "beginning" place for many of those just starting out. I even got the needle inserted in the correct way, but when it came time to push, I was taken aback by how much pressure was needed to actually get the stuff to flow. I guess I'm used to injecting much thinner substances, since I have some past medical experience. IDK if it is the substance itself or the small gauge of the needle (30G) but it made me shaky since I couldn't be sure of exactly how much I was depositing under my nervous flesh. Maybe I was a little scared I'd suddenly push a great globule all at once. I just gave up for the day and thought I'd try to find a kindred spirit who also wants to stick things into their face while simultaneously sticking it to the medical man. Anybody have any encouragement/sage advice for a newbie? And really, I'm looking for just that. I've read all the warnings and the scary articles and blah, blah, blah. And, I've done my homework. I'm just an anxious person in general and could use some friendship in this endeavor. Thank you for reading my wall of text!
Yola4
5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2018 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Lady5pace wrote:
Hi, everybody. I've been lurking around here for some time, but never posted since so many people seem to be vehemently against self injection. I just didn't want to deal with the hate. Anyway, like many of you, I'd been paying a doctor to do all my stuff for a long time, but the expense is way, way uncalled for. So, I set out to learn everything I could about different fillers, facial vasculature, where and how I could get my hands on some good fillers, etc... I got my fillers and prepared everything, sat down in a quiet space, and...chickened out. I started in the nasolabial folds since that is the "beginning" place for many of those just starting out. I even got the needle inserted in the correct way, but when it came time to push, I was taken aback by how much pressure was needed to actually get the stuff to flow. I guess I'm used to injecting much thinner substances, since I have some past medical experience. IDK if it is the substance itself or the small gauge of the needle (30G) but it made me shaky since I couldn't be sure of exactly how much I was depositing under my nervous flesh. Maybe I was a little scared I'd suddenly push a great globule all at once. I just gave up for the day and thought I'd try to find a kindred spirit who also wants to stick things into their face while simultaneously sticking it to the medical man. Anybody have any encouragement/sage advice for a newbie? And really, I'm looking for just that. I've read all the warnings and the scary articles and blah, blah, blah. And, I've done my homework. I'm just an anxious person in general and could use some friendship in this endeavor. Thank you for reading my wall of text!

Hi Lady5pace! I don't have much to offer in the form of encouragement or advice because I'm a newbie too...
I felt inclined to reply because I recently did the same thing you did too. So I understand where you're coming from! I am just curious where you found all the information you needed in regards to self injections? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought the nasolabial was actually one of the danger areas which are more complicated to inject into? I know anatomy and facial structure information is easily found online, but other than that information and or videos are scarce to say the least. Everyone recommended skin deep chat, but I'm not sure they are even up and running anymore as my registration is pending for about a month now. I agree that the amount we are paying our docs is grossly inflated and ridiculous.
Anyways...The only advice I, myself was given was to read up and study for as long as possible until you feel so confident in yourself that you are completely confident and not at all anxious about what you're doing. I know...I know...easier said than done! I hope your endeavors work out perfectly as planned! I'm crossing my fingers for you! If you ever want to chat to another newbie pm me!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2018 10:01 am      Reply with quote
It IS weird the first few times you stick that needle into your face but you will get used to it. Here is what I do when using needles (mostly these days I use a cannula).

Backfill 30 or 31 g insulin syringes no more than 1/2 full. You can backfill by taking out the plunger in the insulin syringe and inserting the needle from the "mother" syringe the HA comes in into the back of the insulin syringe.

Try to get insulin syringes with a longer needle length 1/2 inch or more.

This is much easier to push and so you have better control in placement and no surges from pushing too hard.

I am assuming that you are informed on sterile procedure. It is essential that you keep things sterile. I find it easier to prepare multiple syringes in a series to ensure cleanliness. Only use each insulin syringe until it is finished then toss. These needles are only meant for one poke and get dull fast.

Try not to do too much at a go - you can always go back the next day. Remember to UNDERFILL as HA does expand once in placement.

When finished backfilling your syringes always store the original large syringe with a NEW needle. Just exposing it to air contaminates it.

Go slow and good luck. You can do it.

Mis
thinkforms
5% products discount

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:04 am      Reply with quote
LadySpace, why do you say most people start injecting in the nasolabials? It’s quite a risky area, even my injector won’t inject there. Are you using a canula?

So I’ve been injecting my lips now for about 4 years (was having them professionally done for 2 years before). At first I thought you were all crazy! But I’ve saved so much money and I have full control. I do a little here and there. If I’m going out I will do it the day before so I look a swollen.

Actually when I had them done professionally, I got a nudule I can still feel. I’ve not had one with send injecting.

I get compliments on my lips all the time!! It completely changed my life.
My boyfriend and my ex are obsessed with them and 100% believe they are real. They’ve never even questioned it. Maybe because I’ve been doing it for so long now (6years). My lips were average to begin with. Not thin but not full.

I pay to get filler in my chin done and will have my cheeks done soon. I’m too scared to do those areas on my own. I spent a long time studying videos and face anatomy and still don’t feel comfortable.
cactus

Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I know this thread is old. But was wondering if anyone tried self-injecting the filler with needless injector, such as comfort-in (originally was developed to self-inject insulin)?
I chatted with their support and their needless injector is used to administer fillers and other cosmetic products.
GthGrl13

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I have a hyaluron pen that's good for both .3 & .5 syringes. Filler I ordered is on its way to me still (so haven't used yet), so yes you can use it for thin density fillers that are shallow injected (the ones for fine lines). I'm also under the impression it needs to be density of between 18-24. There are a few good utubers to watch learn - Iron Bikini Fitness, Natural Kaos, Laurie Collard. Seems were all on this learning journey. I was surprised i didn't find much info on here (maybe I just missed seeing it?)
Bbabe
5% products discount

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I’m surprised by the lack of information on this forum, too, although I could easily be missing it. I have a hyàluron pen and have just started using it. i really don’t know what I’m doing yet. The above mentioned YouTube channels are all i have to go by.
My advice to anyone trying it out on lips is to go really easy and make sure you don’t have to be in public for at least 24 hours. My accidental trout pout from temporary swelling was so bad that I thought I wouldn’t be able to show my face at work. Shock
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:23 am      Reply with quote
you guys are brave!!! I wish I had the patience to learn how to do it!!!
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:25 am      Reply with quote
GthGrl13 wrote:
I have a hyaluron pen that's good for both .3 & .5 syringes. Filler I ordered is on its way to me still (so haven't used yet), so yes you can use it for thin density fillers that are shallow injected (the ones for fine lines). I'm also under the impression it needs to be density of between 18-24. There are a few good utubers to watch learn - Iron Bikini Fitness, Natural Kaos, Laurie Collard. Seems were all on this learning journey. I was surprised i didn't find much info on here (maybe I just missed seeing it?)

I've been interested in this too and I've watched all these videos. I wanted to wait until Natural Kaos gave her opinion- I need to check in and ask her in the comment section. The other 2 are selling these pens so I'd rather get an opinion from someone who has no financial incentive. I'm mostly concerned with how long the filler lasts with this technique. Please let me know how it works for you!
nina2144

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm blown away and amazed that people are doing this themselves. My advise is invest in AccuVein, it helps you to see where your blood vessels are in your face. You do not want to hit one, it helps avoid bruising.
Jenna.xo

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on buying fillers online without a prescription? What sites are legit? Thank you Smile
melaniedaubaras

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Would you mind PMing me too? as well as anyone else who happens to see this and has reputable current sources you're willing to share?
tiffanyajjk wrote:
sent you a PM

raesmommie34 wrote:
TKendrick, I do have before and after pics, however Im not sure how to upload them if or if I can.

Tiffanyajjk, I watched a TON of videos on youtube and I just tried posting one but because Im a new member on the site, it wouldn't allow me. But videos like dutchess of dermis and the many many tutorials by doctors helped me determine how deep to go, which was that deep at all. I still have a lot of work that needs to be done to my face Sad I lost a tone of weight and for whatever reason one side of my face is more sunken in (especially in my lower cheek area). I'm actually searching for a few more sites to purchase from. Fingers crossed I'll come across some that are legit

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |