Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Face exercise destroyed my face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
LLG ,

Susun does use 'singles'...only one herb at a time in either an extract or infusion....the idea is to develope a relationship w/the herb....where the herb becomes an 'ally'..a friend who supports you, so to speak, which reguires something of us in kind ...to become such a friend as well to the herb..to 'know' it as we would any friend we expected to be in a healing/healthy relationship with.

many western 'grassroots' so to speak herbalists now follow this kind of tradition..some are called wise woman herbalists..like Susun..or 'vitalists' ...like Matt Wood....or herbwives, etc...they are following then 'old' ways of native peoples around the world,..and discover, in the personal relationship with the herb, healing from the herb in ways not spoken about in herbal books in the same way an intimate friend will share with you/give you a part of herself she will ot even show to a casual aquaintance.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa,
On a practical level, since we are speaking here about nutritious herbal decoctions/infusions for mineral assimilation to see if it will restore plumpness etc that has been 'compromised' by facial exercising..

...it's a good idea to try one herbal infusion at a time to try toget a sense if this herb is the right 'ally' for you...do i like the taste..do i feel good when i drink it..is it helping the gauntness in my face, etc.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
LLG,
so much to respond to in your post..so i'll do it bit by bit.

susun doesn't decoct her herbs..only infuses them..by placing one cup of leave herb in a quart mason/ball jar and pouring water to fill the jar, closing the lid tightly and letting it sit for 3-8 hours. Isla Burgess..who is a well known herbalist w/ a school in Australia has had oatstraw infusion analyzed by an independent analyzing lab..and found that if the herb is decocted before it's infusioned ..then the mineral release in the innfusion increase significsntly..i don't remember by how much...but i believe it's at least by a 1/3!

paul bergner whose a well-known herbalist w/ a school in the US also recommends a long slow decocting of an herb for optimum mineral release.

personally , depending on my time, and the herb..and how important it is for me to receive the minerals from that particular herb..i'll use either susun's method or isla's method.

also want to say that the quality of the herb determines the bio availability of the minerals we can receive from it..susun prob is wildcrafting her nettles..for example..and home drying them..whereas if we buy from a 'wholesale' herbal supplier..even of great reputation..like mountain rose or pacific botanicals..the herb is of a dif quality..so prob best to go thru the decocting process as well as the deep infusion process

SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I found some youtube videos of Susan demoing how to make infusions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pKpe_YGUUw&feature=related

Nettle Infusion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ezLZzg2Vgw&feature=related

Oatstraw infusion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7zau66LLbw&feature=related

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to thank you Jasminerosey for your posts! Smile
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
meant to say we have to work with our own sensitivites to find what really works for us.

i think yes, not every exercise can suible for us well. And i think the face keep carlm can adviod the lines.
amandaM
5% products discount

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Facial exrecises are beneficial if you've done it correctly. I mean overdoing it could result to something else, just like doing other things in excess.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:28 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Just want to thank you Jasminerosey for your posts! Smile

ditto, and TheresaMary. Smile

Theresamary, do you have any other recommendations regarding spot reduction? I have never heard of t-tapp, and will look into that, but you implied there are other methods too.

(I hope she is still around and sees this!)
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
T-tapp is definitely one of my favourites, but there is another thing I use called No Lipo Lipo. It really depends on the area concerned. For me I always get fat buid up around my lower torso but I'm kind of pear shaped body and thats the regular bug bear for me. These two work really well. The No Lipo Lipo is a massage system for the whole body which I do, but after conversing with the author she said I could spend extra time on problem areas which is what I tend to do.
melanie haber wrote:

ditto, and TheresaMary. Smile

Theresamary, do you have any other recommendations regarding spot reduction? I have never heard of t-tapp, and will look into that, but you implied there are other methods too.

(I hope she is still around and sees this!)
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Theresa Mary!

I had not heard of either of these. I have heard of cryolipolysis and I know of something being done with lasers (I don't remember the name), but either of these would definitely be somthing to try first.

I may eventually give the "Never Over the Hill" spot-reducing gel a shot, too.
Megi
5% products discount

Wed May 23, 2018 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi. Did the some experience. All of my skin texture is destroyd after two month of doing facial exercises. Do not do them!!!!!!!!!!!
Never

You dont know what you destroyd until you stop to do them.
How are you doing Yoga? Still alive?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2018 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Megi

You seem to be on a bit of a mission re people and facial exercises. I have to disagree with you - not all programs are the same. You have said in several posts you have had a bd experience, but you havent mentioned which program you were doing. Could you share that and the specific results you have which you dislike and then we can help give you suggestions?

For me, I started exercises in my 50s after rapid weight loss. They have been my saviour.

Tessie
LondonLucyGeorge
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:58 am      Reply with quote
So is there any actual studies on young people doing facial exercises? Actually are there any real studies at all on the subject?

For me, I ruined my face with exercises. I researched, emailed a coach to check that they were suitable for my age, sent photos and sent progress photos. At first I was told it was in my mind, even though I shared how everyone around me was noticing and talking about the results. In the end I reached out to a friend on EDS who emailed back and forth and she could see what I was talking about - so I knew it wasn't just in my mind. Then I had to get quite angry with the coach and she finally admitted that my results were visible and suggested stopping and doing isometric exercises instead.

I sought medical advice, and shared that with the coach, and she tried to say that the advice I was given was incorrect and that the doctor had no training in facial exercises. However I trusted the doctor moreso especially as the coach had originally tried to say it was all in my mind.

I think if your face isn't broken don't try to fix it with face exercises because no one ever seems happy with them.
maxon782
5% products discount

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, there has been a recent study of facial exercises and their positive effects that was published in the JAMA Dermatology journal in January of 2018.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/article-abstract/2666801

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2018/january/facial-exercises-help-middle-aged-women-appear-more-youthful/?mod=article_inline

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/well/move/facial-exercises-may-make-you-look-3-years-younger.html
LondonLucyGeorge
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Maxon, but these are somewhat questionable in my mind. 1) I can't find any mention or bearing of an Association of Facial Exercise. 2) this is not actually for youngsters like myself but 40-65 and with sun damage. 3)I am sceptical here because whilst it seems to assume that they got results, it doesn't mention things like skincare. No matter what system is used, I've not found any evidence that anything other than topicals can undo sun damage so this makes it even more dubious in my opinion.

The last link is also interesting, I mean only 3 years younger makes me wonder if its actually a measurable result. Don't get me wrong, I understand if you are in your 60's 3 years seems like a lot, but my experience is that people 30 years shouldn't do them because it seriously aged me. However its seems to have studies showing up now - even though the source is questionable that are providing interesting results.

I can only go by my experience and say that facial exercises are a no go for me.

maxon782 wrote:
Actually, there has been a recent study of facial exercises and their positive effects that was published in the JAMA Dermatology journal in January of 2018.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/article-abstract/2666801

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2018/january/facial-exercises-help-middle-aged-women-appear-more-youthful/?mod=article_inline

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/well/move/facial-exercises-may-make-you-look-3-years-younger.html
Littleness
5% products discount

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

Just bumping this thread because I was doing some research on face yoga destroying faces. I know there are many who swear by it, but I'm wondering if it's simply not the answer for everybody. I was doing exercises a few months ago, particularly the "Big O" exercise several times a day, and it did make my face extremely saggy and I noticed volume loss. I was devastated. The only way I was able to restore it was with cosmetic acupuncture (but the volume loss was not restored). I think people need to be extremely careful with these exercises. There is no way to restore this volume without surgery/fillers/fat transfer. So I'm stuck.

Anyway, just wanted to gauge some recent experience from other members Smile

Have a great day everyone!
benevideslauren

Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Anyway, i was wondering why i wasn't getting gaunt from doing facial exercises since my diet is on the low end or protein..and low low low end of carbs...but i do consume a (very very) lot of mineral rich foods....so it makes me feel there is some truth to this theory.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |