Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Gelatin vs Collagen supplements...which is better?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lvnatural

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile I'm a new member on the forum and its been wonderful reading through all the great information and incredible amount of knowledge shared by all the members.

I have a question about collagen supplements.Confused I've read that the're good to take in powder form mixed with oj since the vitamin c helps with absorption I assume?

However, I can't decide whether I should take gelatin or collagen powder. To those of you who have had success with this...which one is better and more effective?...and what kind of benefits have you experienced. Any tips would be helful.
Thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Bump bump.

Was looking to ask the same thing. A year later Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:49 am      Reply with quote
COLLAGEN

ORAL
In addition to injectable and topical forms, collagen also comes as an oral dietary supplement, according to ArthritisMD. Usually marketed to relieve symptoms related to connective tissue diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, oral collagen may also have some benefit on aging skin. Some oral collagen products claim that it works to nourish the skin from the inside out where topical collagen applications cannot reach. Additionally, these supplements claim to be a more permanent solution than injectable collagen. The efficacy of oral collagen as a treatment for aging skin has not been proven; it should not be taken without consulting a physician.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/179662-forms-of-collagen/

Collagen Supplements - the Naked Facts of An Ugly Scam Revealed!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Collagen+Supplements+-+the+Naked+Facts+of+An+Ugly+Scam+Revealed!-a01073947543

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 am      Reply with quote
GELATIN OVERVIEW INFORMATION
Gelatin is a protein made from animal products.

Gelatin is used for weight loss and for treating osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and brittle bones (osteoporosis). Some people also use it for strengthening bones, joints, and fingernails. Gelatin is also used for improving hair quality and to shorten recovery after exercise and sports-related injury.

In manufacturing, gelatin is used for preparation of foods, cosmetics, and medicines.

How does it work?
Gelatin contains collagen, which is one of the materials that make up cartilage and bone. This is why some people think gelatin might help for arthritis and other joint conditions.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1051-GELATIN.aspx?activeIngredientId=1051&activeIngredientName=GELATIN

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have always been taking powder form collagen (Milcolla). I have never heard that orange juice makes it easier or more absorbent, but it can't hurt. Vitamin C is good for the skin. They say that Vitamin C helps stimulate you're body to naturally produce collagen too. Very Happy
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm reading a lot of positive things about gelatin lately; this article says it's anti inflammatory and apparently super anti aging.

Gelatin, stress, longevity
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
lvnatural, I remember my mother taken Knox gelatin! I started taking Neocell collagen after watching an Oprah show on the rave for collagen in Asia. I've read that hydrolized collagen is better absorbed than products like Knox gelatin. You know it works when a product has 800 reviews!

http://www.iherb.com/Neocell-Super-Collagen-Type-1-3-7-oz-198-g/6074
Gloriaroy

Mon May 28, 2018 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Gelatin is simply the cooked form of collagen, and it’s one of the best and most convenient ways to ingest the important amino acids in collagen. Collagen is made up of amino acids, the building blocks of protein, such as glycine, proline, and lysine. Our bodies naturally make collagen from the amino acids and vitamins and minerals (such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and copper) that we eat. But the body’s collagen production naturally decreases as we age. So we need collagen suppliment. Warrior Strong Wellness is one of the best brand offers best collagen suppliments at affordable price.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2018 6:00 am      Reply with quote
There are vegetable based gelatin sources also available I might add, which I have friends who take on a daily basis. I don't like it at all - but they all swear by it.
DarkMoon wrote:
GELATIN OVERVIEW INFORMATION
Gelatin is a protein made from animal products.

Gelatin is used for weight loss and for treating osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and brittle bones (osteoporosis). Some people also use it for strengthening bones, joints, and fingernails. Gelatin is also used for improving hair quality and to shorten recovery after exercise and sports-related injury.

In manufacturing, gelatin is used for preparation of foods, cosmetics, and medicines.

How does it work?
Gelatin contains collagen, which is one of the materials that make up cartilage and bone. This is why some people think gelatin might help for arthritis and other joint conditions.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1051-GELATIN.aspx?activeIngredientId=1051&activeIngredientName=GELATIN
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2018 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Gloriaroy - why are you of the opinion that this brand is the best out of interest? Whats your connection to this company?

Whilst collagen decreases as we age, I have heard some doctors say that its actually detrimental to supplement collagen and what we should instead be doing is consuming things that lead to collagen production within the body itself - so your comment really intrigued me?
Gloriaroy wrote:
So we need collagen suppliment. Warrior Strong Wellness is one of the best brand offers best collagen suppliments at affordable price.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:18 am      Reply with quote
From what I understand, the amino acid hydroxyproline and/or the collagen specifically called "verisol" are the most effective.

I still mostly consume gelatin and only have a collagen supplement when I feel like, so I'm not the best person to ask about effectiveness. LOL.
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
i use collagen supplement myself.
to be honest, i have friends who told me its not effective, but i not sure what is effective.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 am      Reply with quote
What do you feel about taking them? Do you see or feel any different when you take them compared to when you don't?

That's all the proof you need. Friends will share their experience, but your experience is more powerful and important and so if you feel they are doing something, keep taking them. Likewise if you don't then stop.
sassyinpink wrote:
i use collagen supplement myself.
to be honest, i have friends who told me its not effective, but i not sure what is effective.
mrgrtt123
5% products discount

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Collagen is a major component of your skin. It plays a role in strengthening skin, plus may benefit elasticity and hydration. As you age, your body produces less collagen, leading to dry skin and the formation of wrinkles. I use a Korean face mask twice a week and I find it really effective.
nickcorona

Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Do collagen supplements actually work?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I add a scoop of unflavored collagen powder to my first cup of coffee every morning. Cant say it does a lot but it does help a little with skin and nails. Blends in, makes my coffee smoother and doesn't leave an after taste.
I'll say I do notice it in the joints after a while when I have quit using it, so I start back. Plus its cheap enough that it doesn't really make much of a difference.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011DJ71I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |