Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Good (cheap) place to buy vitamins online?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I've ordered from Iherb, Vitacost and Swanson. The prices are similar but Iherb is so much faster with shipping. I'm not sure where they ship from but I usually get my order in a few days. If you want your order fast and you're on the west coast I would go with Iherb.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Can cheap vitamins be GOOD? Confused
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I like vitacost and iherb but I also use The Professional Supplement Center--they have free shipping and you get a discount if you order more than 6 items (something like that).

https://www.professionalsupplementcenter.com/

Sometimes I need a lot of items and they have some of the more esoteric stuff that I use.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:47 am      Reply with quote
ww.herbspro.com
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Both iHerb and VitaCost are good. I buy a lot of supplements, and found that sometimes even when prices listed on iHerb are the same or slightly more then for identical products on VitaCost, iHerb might be cheaper. This is because iHerb gives VIP discounts, quantities discounts, plus free shipping on orders over $40. (for lower amounts flat rate $4.00). And of cause in case when the listed price is lower it gets even less expensive then VitaCost.

VitaCost has more user friendly search engine, and site navigation. It makes sense to find a product on VitaCost first, and then search for this exact product on iHerb.

Some of the products though could be found on one site only.

Taking all these into consideration I found myself getting more things from iHerb then from VitaCost. I have an Excel spreadsheet for frequently ordered items with direct links to the same products on both web sites for easy access and comparison.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm not in the US and vitamins here are at least double of their retail prices in US. I have been ordering from Vitacost and so far their products have been to my satisfaction. Had a bit of a problem with the shipping cost and a fair bit of hassle getting CS to understand and resolve the problem, but it did get settled to my satidfaction in the end.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Does anybody know the best place to order supplements to send to Australia from?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:20 am      Reply with quote
^^Iherb ship to australia and pretty cheap too. Ive bought from there twice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I also had a problem with Vitacost.... I ordered something but they never sent me a confirmation of shipment or anything.

So I called finally (I was going to be in NYC only for a few of days so the window for shipping was not huge!) So then they said that some of the stuff was not in stock (even though on the website it said it was in stock) so they hadn't shipped it yet but would ship it, etc, etc.

So I said "no thanks" but was not really happy about it. Every time I buy online if there's something that happens to not be in stock, they send me an email within 24 hours to say that X product is not in stock and if I still them to ship the rest of if I want them to wait and ship the whole thing together.

If I had known they were not going to ship the stuff I would have ordered from someone else Sad

I did order before and had no problems but I thought I should share this in case someone is ever in the same situation as I was (i.e. need the vitamins for a specific period) , since you might want to call them to make sure they're shipping your stuff!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
mk12
5% products discount

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am not a fan of Vitacost, though I've purchased from them a few times. I can usually buy things cheaper elsewhere, especially when you factor in the additional shipping charge. I really don't like their NSI brand either, and think it is over-hyped.

Iherb.com is great, and I think their prices are often better. They have free shipping if you purchase more than $40, which for me is not difficult to do. They also have terrific customer service and fast shipping most of the time. The other nice thing about Iherb is that their shipping is very cheap if you only need one thing, and they also have the option of $4 shipping for the whole order if you don't get to the $40 free shipping minimum. Also, you can add a bunch of freebies to your orders, usually product samples and small books, so take a look at those. (The link is at the top of the page.)

My favorite store is Vitaglo.com though, because they have the lowest prices on almost everything I buy, including Aubrey Organics products and many other brands. They have free shipping for $50 or higher orders, so I always make sure I qualify for that. I think it is a smaller, family owned business. I have generally been satisfied with the customer service, but I don't think they have a huge staff like Iherb. I don't mind because I love the super low prices.

I have also bought from Vitaminshoppe.com, which ships very quickly and has okay prices, particularly if you can find a decent coupon... but I am charged both sales tax and shipping so it's rarely cheaper for me to order from this store (unless there is a deeply discounted sale price on something I need.)

Luckyvitamin is okay and has some good prices, but their free minimum shipping is higher.

I have order from a bunch of other online health stores, but the above are my favorites.

By the way, this is my favorite everyday multiple:
http://www.iherb.com/FutureBiotics-The-30-Day-Beauty-Secret-30-Packets/3632?at=0
I highly recommend it, especially for women over 35.
nsachs

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reccomendations. I just placed a 270 dollar order on iherb. Im interested to see how fast the package will arrive here to alberta, canada!
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think that VitaCost.com is cheaper than iHerb.com.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Can cheap vitamins be GOOD? Confused

I thought that Nature Made vitamins were good.
mk12
5% products discount

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
I think that VitaCost.com is cheaper than iHerb.com.

I think it really varies depending upon what you're ordering. If I have the time, I will often put the items in a cart at more than one online store to see which is better.

Quote:
Iherb.com is great, and I think their prices are often better. They have free shipping if you purchase more than $40, which for me is not difficult to do. They also have terrific customer service and fast shipping most of the time. The other nice thing about Iherb is that their shipping is very cheap if you only need one thing, and they also have the option of $4 shipping for the whole order if you don't get to the $40 free shipping minimum. Also, you can add a bunch of freebies to your orders, usually product samples and small books, so take a look at those. (The link is at the top of the page.)

My favorite store is Vitaglo.com though, because they have the lowest prices on almost everything I buy, including Aubrey Organics products and many other brands. They have free shipping for $50 or higher orders, so I always make sure I qualify for that. I think it is a smaller, family owned business. I have generally been satisfied with the customer service, but I don't think they have a huge staff like Iherb. I don't mind because I love the super low prices.

I have also bought from Vitaminshoppe.com, which ships very quickly and has okay prices, particularly if you can find a decent coupon... but I am charged both sales tax and shipping so it's rarely cheaper for me to order from this store (unless there is a deeply discounted sale price on something I need.)

Luckyvitamin is okay and has some good prices, but their free minimum shipping is higher.

Quoting myself here because a couple things changed since 2010.

Now you can get free shipping with just a $20 purchase which is really nice.

Sadly, I stopped ordering from Vitaglo even though their prices are generally great. Too many instances of substituting a product without asking me and then not making it right when it turned out to be an inferior product I couldn't use.

Lucky Vitamin is good and has quick shipping, but a whopping $100 minimum for free shipping most of the time.

One of my new favorites is Swansons Vitamins http://www.swansonvitamins.com/ They manufacture their own products and also sell other brands, all at really great prices. They also have a lot of products that are buy one get one free, and regularly have coupons for additional savings. They also sell some Mercola.com products at a reduced price.

Hope this helps! Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Vitacost.com or iherb.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a loyal Swanson customer. They have amazing sales, BOGO, etc. I've been pleased with all their products and customer service.
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I have ordered from iherb since they opened...I like the free items you can choose and the free shipping with a $20 order. Also, products are stored in a refrigerated warehouse according to their site. But I find myself buying more from amazon when the supplement I want is on "subscribe and save." This gives a discounted price and free shipping.
kawaii0519

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:26 am      Reply with quote
I shop at luckyvitamin dot com
vegan-hoby

Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I would highly recommend VeganHerbs dot com, is the best Vegan/Vegetarian store I know that you can order or buy vegan/vegetarian vitamins/products/supplements which can give 100% vegetarian product Satisfaction guaranteed! Also Good prices on stock and delivery.
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I like both Vitacost and Swanson. I have also ordered from Iherb but have had problems with their customer service.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just bought a huge box of stuff from Vitacost because they are having a Buy One Get One Free sale on lots of things I always use. Order came so fast,too.
havana8

Sun May 31, 2015 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I generally like iherb.com but with the exchange being so low now, I've moved back to this old favourite--they have always been consistently great to deal with:

National Nutrition
http://www.nationalnutrition.ca

I've also ordered from these people twice now and have had good customer service:

VitaSave
http://www.vitasave.ca

I highly recommend both.
Lily89

Sun May 27, 2018 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I love iherb for buying vitamins and cosmetics(specially cosmetics :P). I think is one of the best. I found a web called savey, they describe how to shop on iherb and there is a coupon too.
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I also buy vitamins and organic skincare in iHerbs, which is much cheaper than buying in local retail stores in HK.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I thought everybody already shops at iHerb...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |