Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
I ordered my Lumigan from a site ending .co.uk, obviously because I live in the UK. Interestingly, like many before me, hey yes, it came from Hong Kong & was marked for sale in India only - this sent in the collywobbles of worry.
If you mean unitedpharmacies.co.uk, they have a great reputation on the pharmacy boards and they've been around for years. I thought they were UK-based too, my bank seems to block foreign purchases on my card now after the recent dodgy transactions (going to use pre-paid for pharmacies in future, too dodgy).

I first bought Lumigan in the midst of all the horror stories, so I only use it say, 2 times a week at the most.

I don't have the super-long lashes that daily use of Lumigan can give you (I actually don't like that look, it's a bit too OTT for me, and it seems your eyelashes can shed much too fast afterwards) but my lashes are a bit longer and thicker and I'm happy with that. No pain or side-effects, but I am due an eye test soon.

Got more from ADC too, which is now the cheaper Careprost, but they're so cheap I'm not complaining! The eyelash brush was a nice little extra.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
LJK, thank you, that is reassuring to hear the seller is legit.

I too, have been using just about twice a week too, with good results.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
ammoniasmith

You gotta get some amazing results to actually go to through hair growing in your cheekbones to keep using this stuff Shock Shock Shock And using eye drops helps??? I hope this does not mess with your eyes.

Sorry, I don't want to sound rude at all but I'm in shock after reading your post.

Thinking loud:
Really, what's the limit for our vanity???

Phewwww!!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
ammoniasmith
You gotta get some amazing results to actually go to through hair growing in your cheekbones to keep using this stuff Shock Shock Shock And using eye drops helps??? I hope this does not mess with your eyes.

Sorry, I don't want to sound rude at all but I'm in shock after reading your post.

Thinking loud:
Really, what's the limit for our vanity???

Phewwww!!!

For some of us the limit for vanity does stop at using prostaglandins near our eyes, it's just not worth the risk of some potentially serious side effects! Smile To each his/her own Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
ammoniasmith

Well, the extra hairs growing on the bottom lid extend onto the upper cheek area and make me look darker there. They are just peach fuzz that are very dark and long thanks to the Latisse traveling to my lower lid. All I really need to do is shave it when it gets out of hand so I don't consider it a terrible side effect. Annoying but I can deal with it. The eye drops seem to help wash away any excess product from the waterline.

Yes, I am thrilled with the thickness and length of my eyelashes to put up with some of the annoyances. I have used it for over a year now and still no terrible side effects other than having to shave off extra facial hair! HAHA!!
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Ammoniasmith, my experience with using any kind of eye drops, regardless of Lumigan use or not, is that they make my eyes water & tears run down my cheeks. My thoughts therefore would be, that by introducing eye drops into your eyes you are actually making the Lumigan travel onto your cheeks & spread about more than it would if just a tiny drop were carefully painted onto upper & lower lashes close to the hairline.

I know we all do different things & take different approaches, but I personally would be very wary of using eye drops at the same time as Lumigan for this very reason. I hope you do not think I am interfering, I am just speaking my thoughts on this matter.

Meanwhile, I am delighted with my newish use of Lumigan & the results. I just use it twice a week, with several days gap between each. It is rather cruel that along with coping with all the other things that fall apart as we age our eyelashes decide to join the merry band of departing features, so I say hurray for Lumigan Smile

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
Ammoniasmith, my experience with using any kind of eye drops, regardless of Lumigan use or not, is that they make my eyes water & tears run down my cheeks.

I am already careful to apply the smallest amount to my upper lash-line only.

I don't get tears running from using eye drops. If there is some extra tears running down my cheeks I make sure to wash it away and dry with a towel. I have been using the eye drops after application of the Latisse product for about 1 month now. I can definitely see a difference with fewer dark peach fuzz. Not that anyone noticed unless I pointed it out to them and had them get really close to my face. It was never really that bad to begin with but I didn't care for it and so I ended up shaving it off. And now that I am using the eye drops, it has really helped to reduce the problem.

I think that if I don't wash away the excess, the extra bimatoprost transfers from the upper lid to my lower lid when I am sleeping. I do tear up in my sleep.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd mention that since I stopped using the Lumigan (early March) my once prosperous Lumigan'ed lashes which then fell out to dismal levels are now growing long again. The lashes on my right eye are not as long as the Lumigan lashes but definitely longer than my natural level. The left eye which suffered greater shedding is catching up.

This both elates me and worries me; I've got lush lashes but is the lumigan chemical still working on me??
Or could it be the MSM supps? My head hair (and ahem, other places) are growing at a faster rate. I've been taking MSM since Oct/Nov. hmm
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

This both elates me and worries me; I've got lush lashes but is the lumigan chemical still working on me??
Or could it be the MSM supps? My head hair (and ahem, other places) are growing at a faster rate. I've been taking MSM since Oct/Nov. hmm

I cannot say in regards to your Lumigan use, but I would venture a guess that the MSM is majorly contributing to your hair growth. My eyebrows look like Abe Vigoda. Very Happy
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
To continue my saga since stopping the Lumigan in early March: after my eyelashes initially fell out then regrew to almost lumigan levels, they've now started shedding again and are looking very thin and shorter (past two weeks).
The main Lumigan ingredient makes lashes longer by stopping the process of renewal; basically they fall out less often therefore your eyelashes are longer and thicker. Well now it seems many of my lashes are sync'ed to fall out at around about the same time!
This was not a side effect that I had thought about.
Beware all you users if you ever want to stop!! Shock
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear Miranda, that is awful & here was me enjoying my luscious new lash growth & being so pleased with the results.

How often per week did you use the Lumigan?

I only use once, occasionally twice a week, I still have some eyelashes shed as normal, but additionally these lovely long ones which were but a fond memory of my youth. I love the results, but you have put the wind up me rather.

Thank You for keeping us posted, it is important we know what can go wrong. How have you compensated to allow you to be seen out in public with no lashes?

This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katy,

I previously used the Lumigan two - three times a week and I had very little lash shedding at the time.

You've probably got the balance right with some shedding but still getting a good result with longer lashes.

Thankfully I'm not quite at the point of eyelid baldness!!
But my lashes are beginning to be full of gaps and the few very short ones that may have renewed a while ago are taking the over as the average length.
Funnily my left eye is on a different cycle to the right; it was slower to rebuild after the first fall out post Lumigan. Then while my right side blossomed with lush lashes, the left was catching up. Now the left is in a better state than my right. No doubt the left side will start to shed as soon as my right recovers. Rolling Eyes
ifixc5

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Just some gee whiz info for all you eyelash growers, here are some alternative "BIMATOPROST" eyelash serums that can be used instead of the costly Latisse: Lumigan, Xalatan, and Travatan Z. All of these have the required ingredient for the eyelash growth. I personally have used Lumigan for 6 months now with outstanding results and had my Opthamologist prescribe this to me instead of the Latisse for a slim to no eye lashes problem. A savings of over $100 per prescription for me and all legal for the doctor and you to do acording to the FDA. Hope this helps!
iMooni85

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using lumigan for 9 months now , with great results for 6 months , now for 1 months or less i noticed my lashes are back to original length and are thin , are they shedding ? Is it that stage of hair life cycle ? Should i continue using lumigan? Plz answer me ,, feeling really weird abt it
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used a web site called med-cab.co.uk
They ship to Canada but seem to be based in china or there abouts which just sets alarm bells ringing. Has any body used them as I just can't find anyone at all that will post to Canada, I am from the UK and have been using this product for quite a while whilst living there but now I am unable to purchase because of my location. Any info would be welcome
arledgemacdoff

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I don't have any experience but my friend is using Lumigan and her review regarding Lumigan is good. So, I can say that Lumigan is best for enhancing the eyelashes.
mellison

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:58 am      Reply with quote
arledgemacdoff wrote:
I don't have any experience but my friend is using Lumigan and her review regarding Lumigan is good. So, I can say that Lumigan is best for enhancing the eyelashes.

You may want to read most if not all of the posts in this thread. It's known that Lumigan will enhance eyelashes, however there is a risk of side affects AND potential of permanent eyelash loss.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |