Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
LushLips, Lancome's Juicy Tubes & my DIY efforts...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ok - so I ordered some of CareKate's LushLips a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE the product (& color - Dolce Vita), but I soon realized that I wouldn't use it much from the "pot" (hunting for a tissue every time I put some on was a pain, especially driving in the car).

I had an old full-sized tube of Lancome's Juicy Tubes that I'd quit using because I could NOT get it off my coffee cups (yuck!). It has been a while so the product was looking pretty old in the tube. My bright idea? Get rid of the Juicy Tubes stuff & put LushLips in the tube container.

I did it - but it was not easy! I cut off the end of the tube and squirted out most of the old Lancome stuff. I managed to get some on my hands - tried washing it off (w/Dawn detergent) - it didn't budge. What is in that stuff?!?!?! Shock I had to wipe every last bit of product from the tube - no amount of hot water or cleaning product would budge it. I had to physically wipe/scrub it off my hands too.

So I get my LushLips in the tube finally, using a little makeup spatula. Now the big question is - how do I seal the end back up? I tried one of those candle-lighting lighters - all it did was melt the plastic ends away from each other! So I go down to the gas stove for some serious flames, heat up the end (& caught it on fire - thank goodness it didn't flare up), then crimped the melted end with some pliers. Doesn't look too pretty, but it works Laughing

And now I can use my LushLips whenever I want!
The big question is - Carrie, any way to get LushLips in a tube to start with? Or does anyone know of a source for empty lip gloss tubes (not the kind Chapstick comes in with the twist up bottom, but the ones like Carmex or a lot of the super shiny lipglosses come in)? And I'd only need to buy a couple at a time. I found plenty of places in China & Taiwan that would be glad to sell me 1000 or more Confused

Cathy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, what a great idea, catmcall! And speaking of Juicy Tubes, I had one leak in my make up bag once. OMG, I tried everything to wash that stuff off of my bag and other cosmetics, but I ended up having to throw it all away--- what is IN that stuff??? Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Just a thought... I don't know about minimum orders.

http://www.kosmetech.com/category.asp?idCategory=6
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
catmcall--so creative! Laughing your story made me laugh.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
That tube idea is genius...but I'd end up catching the kitchen on fire or something. However, I do have a tube of "touch of light" (juicy tube) that I loved in the store, but when I got it home I could NOT get past the taste. Ugh. It didn't taste or smell good at all. I don't think it turned or anything, it just wasn't good.

I bet they sell tubes somewhere...that DIYers are not condemned to the "jar" life. I sure love lip products in tubes, it's so much easier to use and you don't get it all over your fingers or anything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
catmcall wrote:

So I get my LushLips in the tube finally, using a little makeup spatula. Now the big question is - how do I seal the end back up? I tried one of those candle-lighting lighters - all it did was melt the plastic ends away from each other! So I go down to the gas stove for some serious flames, heat up the end (& caught it on fire - thank goodness it didn't flare up), then crimped the melted end with some pliers. Doesn't look too pretty, but it works Laughing

Very creative solution! But I had to laugh at the thought of you at your gas stove, the tube catching on fire and then crimping it with pliers! Laughing

I've seen the chapstick tubes sold in many online stores, but never the type of tube that you are looking for.

I have CareKate's LushLips on it's way to me, could you tell me if it is solid enough to transfer into a chapstick type tube or is is too soft for that?
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Tam,

I prefer the tubes like I used, so I didn't really think about the roll-up "sticks". I think LushLips might be a little soft for that, but it's only a little softer than the colored glosses by Burt's Bees, so it might work.

Liz - I can't imagine one of those things (Juicy Tubes) breaking open in my bag!!! That must have been horrible! Isn't it scary how it just does not budge with any cleaning product? I can't imagine putting it on my lips ever again...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:24 am      Reply with quote
That's funny.

Check MUJI, maybe they have this.
Essentia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I love these mother-of-invention stories. Smile

Great idea catmcall. Have you let Carrie know your findings?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Cat, I'm glad you didn't catch the kitchen on fire. Can you imagine the fire investigation report on that one? "Woman catches kitchen on fire with lip gloss tube - news at 11!"

Reminds me of a case I was working on where the expert witness was a fire investigator. He told of a house fire that was caused by the woman's cat catching its tail on fire because it hopped onto a table where a candle was burning. Poor kitty ran around the house trying to put itself out, but what it ended up doing instead was lighting a whole bunch of small fires all over the house. What a disaster! If my house ever catches fire, THAT will be the reason why - I'm convinced if my big cat had workable thumbs, she would have caused the end of the world by now!
Essentia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Just a thought... I don't know about minimum orders.

http://www.kosmetech.com/category.asp?idCategory=6

$50 is the minimum order. However ...

I just registered as a new user and requested a catalog. Then I clicked on "Sample Request" along the right-handmenu, and the page reads:
Quote:
To request samples online you must contact us at 718-858-7000 to unlock the sample request feature of this website or ask our customer service representatives to process your sample request. Office hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern time.

It's worth a shot. They have a very nice range of spatulas, pipettes, containers, sponges, cotton, etc. even to do a $50 order just for genenal stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
catmcall wrote:
Ok - so I ordered some of CareKate's LushLips a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE the product (& color - Dolce Vita), but I soon realized that I wouldn't use it much from the "pot" (hunting for a tissue every time I put some on was a pain, especially driving in the car).

...And now I can use my LushLips whenever I want!
The big question is - Carrie, any way to get LushLips in a tube to start with? Or does anyone know of a source for empty lip gloss tubes (not the kind Chapstick comes in with the twist up bottom, but the ones like Carmex or a lot of the super shiny lipglosses come in)? And I'd only need to buy a couple at a time. I found plenty of places in China & Taiwan that would be glad to sell me 1000 or more Confused

I’d LOVE to be able to offer Lush Lips in those squeezy-tube containers (I had a similar experience myself trying to transfer Lush Lips into an empty Juicy Tube-type container and ended up with lip balm all over the kitchen ceiling – don’t ask!!) but at the moment it seems like a no-go. Sad

Apparently you have to buy a crimping machine for a couple thousand dollars with which to seal the seal the ends of the tube after it’s been filled...although if you guys don’t mind a less-aesthetically pleasing result, I could come over and borrow the pilot light on Catmcall’s gas stove!! Wink Razz The next option I plan to look into is putting my lip balms into one of those “click-pen” applicators (I think Stila uses those – or used to, anyway – for their lip glosses).

I’ve also experimented a couple of times with trying put my Lush Lips balms in a regular lip gloss tube with the screw-top brush or sponge-tipped applicator, but it didn’t turn out well. When I thinned out the formula to make it “runny” enough to be viable for a lip gloss tube, the color pigments had a tendency to separate and sort of ‘congeal’ and...well, suffice it to say that it didn’t work out! If I can’t find a source from which to purchase those empty click-pen applicators, I’m thinking of next offering Lush Lips in a lip palette container with a built in lip brush to eliminate the need of applying it with one’s fingertip but I need to get more shades developed before that would be a viable alternative....

Anyway, if y’all think of any other ideas to solve the dilemma of making Lush Lips more portable, I’m all ears!! (Note: packaging Lush Lips in a twist-up lip balm/lipstick tube is NOT an option because I’d have to add wax to my formulation in order for the lip balm to hold its shape in that format and I’m dead-set against that because it’s the wax-less-ness that makes my lip balms different/special....)

5% products discount

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Your fabulous
lwalker0816

Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I am a huge fan of the packaging options at Qosmedix. I discovered them at a trade show a while back. Some of the items have to be ordered in large quantities, but most of them do not. They do have the "click pen" dispensers!

(I'm not positive they can solve house fires though... Smile )
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |