Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Loulou's Butt Exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 30, 2013 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Geez I wasn't paying enough attention to the catchy names. I checked out all the side booty moves but my sophomoric mind went right to the pictures.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 30, 2013 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Cora wrote:
No, it's not in the video, the "Move Bitch Curl Kicks" (I like to say the whole name Laughing ) is the next to last exercise on the side booty page.

Oh! Laughing That does add some oomph to the exercise when you think of it like that. Laughing

sister sweets wrote:
Geez I wasn't paying enough attention to the catchy names. I checked out all the side booty moves but my sophomoric mind went right to the pictures.

Neither was I! Very Happy
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Is this the exercise that LouLou recommends?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPyAvW1DNWs

I've been searching for the little vid - used to have it on my computer and watched it once, but I think I deleted it without watching again. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Is this the exercise that LouLou recommends?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPyAvW1DNWs

I've been searching for the little vid - used to have it on my computer and watched it once, but I think I deleted it without watching again. Sad

Immacolata, that only seems to show the starting position described in the first sentence of the directions posted by JenJ, and nothing more.

If you re-read the directions, you will see there is a straightening of the leg out to the side from that raised 90 degree position (probably similar to the "Move Bitch Curl Kicks" on the assmatrix.com site and IIRC, there is also a kicking back from that raised 90 degree position, which I am imagining leads you to a position similar to this:

Hence the word "kick" in the directions. You raise leg bent as in the video you posted and then straighten leg to the side from that position in the "Move Bitch Curl Kicks" way and then you bend it again to the 90 degree bent raised position and this time you kick back as in that diagram.

That's how I understood it anyway.
Smithjo

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
This posting is marvelous and what a fantastic research that you have done.I really like how you've turned the idea of 'butt exercise' into a list of positive actions
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Kicks are also an easy thing to add during the day. I do 20 per side, front and back every day whenever I get a moment. Along with 20 plié squats it really helps firm. I do these along with my workout routine and whether I work out that day or not. Quick and easy to do!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Callanetics for the butt... just sayin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Callanetics for the butt... just sayin!

Yes indeed if one is trying to tighten and make the booty small and "compact" Callanetics is the program to achieve that hands down. But for me who loves my badonkadonk the size it is but just wants to maintain firmness and avoid gluteal ptosis a little Assmatrix, half squats, donkey kicks, fire hydrants, side lunges...etc are more my cup of tea.

cindymurphy

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
For big butt, (not for lifted), stance should be wide. Bigger the better. So stand w legs wider than shoulder width. Hope this helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I want to make my butt wayyy bigger, thanks to Nonnie i discovered this thread and assmatrix. I need to work top, bottom and sides of my butt as is flat and tiny. I am thinking yo send my butt pics to assmatrix if the can cover my back and butt tattoo lol.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
They re-released the best selling Buns of Steel on DVD. That is a killer workout. Otherwise I bet you could find plenty of lower body workouts for free on youtube.

Gwyneth Paltrow uses Tracy Anderson DVDs (they are business partners) and has a great body as you can see in these Golden Globes photos. Scroll down the page for her rear view. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2906135/Gwyneth-Paltrow-presents-award-plunging-gown-skipping-red-carpet-Golden-Globes.html
ilovebritney
5% products discount

Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
The best exercise for glutes are barbell hip thrusts.. just google it and watch the video on youtube from Bret contreras.... I;m 100 lbs and thrust 135 lbs for 10 reps easy... the heaviest i went was 225 but usually i go lighter like anywhere from 135-185 and focus on the squeeze..other than that i do heavy barbell squats and heavy deadlifts.
Allysanchez

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I think there is nothing more efficient than doing squatts and leg press
iseolt
5% products discount

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I had to laugh over this thread. And I read all the posts.

I am genetically skinny. Really skinny. Total and complete ectomorph (we have a whole family of ectomorphs so I'm not alone).
I struggle (a lot) to even weigh 100 lbs. NO shape whatsoever. So I went in search of a good exercise program to solve my problems:

a) no calves
b) thigh gap you could pass a football thru - width-wise
c) no butt!
d) don't get started on the boobs! Smile

Since I love exercise it wouldn't be a problem for me to stick with it. I thought. You don't really see any results for 6 weeks - then when it's first noticeable, for me, many times the exercises were the WRONG ones to try!

My butt first: Got it bigger, but hung down a bit. Found more exercises. Toned it up and got it lifted up high. But got smaller. Darn. Start over. Then nice and round, but narrow. Then back to bigger but more droop. I continue on to find the right set of exercises - but my butt is much nicer - and hard as a rock!

Calves - been doing calf raises for decades. Never any noticeable difference. But I continue to do them. Always optimistic! Smile

Thigh gap: REALLY touchy topic for me. At the age of 16 when I noticed my thigh gap I stopped wearing anything knee length and above. Many decades later I still do. A good orthopoedic will tell you it's more about your bone structure. You can be thin and NOT have a thigh gap. You can be overweight and STILL have a thigh gap. But we all try, don't we? Every time I try inner thigh exercises I end up much smaller - firmer thighs - but a BIGGER thigh gap! I hate it. And still, for decades have never worn shorts, a bathing suit, short skirt/dress, etc. NEVER. Hate hate hate my thigh gap. I'm the only female in my family with the worse thigh gap. I hate it beyond words. It's depressing, as well.

But back to happier topics: NEED to fill OUT the butt - it's lifted. It's round. But it's narrow. I can't seem to get that deep muscle that needs working. I've been doing ballet since a small child and my muscles are naturally long and lean. I want them short and fat Smile

NO THIGH GAP! Please send me exercises to FILL in my thighs. I would LOVE to have them touch somewhere - anywhere - just to know what that feels like.

Now about boobs - would love to know what wearing a bra feels like!!! or feel them hang down.

We are NEVER happy with ourselves, are we!

The Big Point here is this: Yes, there are 3 body types, and unfortunately I got the 'lack of muscle' and not he naturally muscular one - or the 'regular' one, either.
And bone structure. (and don't forget bone size. Mine were measured as 'extra small'). (okay, so why are my KNEES so big?) LOL

We can change our bodies to a certain degree - that being the point. But just as we try to slow down aging and never seem to give up, we remain optimistic that we can help ourselves by 'doing something'. And I think that is important. Once we give up - and resign ourselves and become complacent, then we have truly given up.

As for me, I'm off to do some more calf raises. They will swell for an hour or so - just enough for me to 'believe' they really are bigger!

Lovely day to all!

Issy
skymelissaler

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing squats and lunges at home for 3 months and I'm very happy what have I achieved with these 2 exercises.......and yes I forget to add booty bands here I'm also taking help from resistance booty bands.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |