Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Best Vitamin C Serum and what it does for you?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Darkmoon I want to make my own c serum using the Tetra instead of LAA. Can you post the recipe you use for the tetra serum?
Thanks Very Happy

Lotioncrafters shipping to aus is ridiculous. $88 shipping,ripoff! Not talking

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Darkmoon I want to make my own c serum using the Tetra instead of LAA. Can you post the recipe you use for the tetra serum?
Thanks Very Happy

Lotioncrafters shipping to aus is ridiculous. $88 shipping,ripoff! Not talking

Wow carol that is absurd on shipping! Check bulkactives, they are a bit slower but I am pretty sure the shipping is much less!

http://www.bulkactives.com

Here is the recipe I use, you can use any oil or blend of oils to make it up, I have a 2 oz. recipe as I use it on my body as well! Smile

The following will yeild just about 2 ounces of serum. 

3+3/4 Tsp Hazelnut Oil 
3+3/4 Tsp Jojoba Oil 
3+3/4 Tsp Olive Oil 
3/4 Tsp  Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate
1/8 Tsp Vitamin E Oil 

Mix all oils together add the vitamin E mix then add the TA (vit. c)  pour into a dark glass bottle. I would store in the fridge just to be on the safe side! 

Enjoy Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou:) Ive ordered form skinactives before and yes their shipping is much more afforable. Seriously who would pay $88 shipping for a $15 bottle of vit c Confused

Sorry just saw you meant BulkActives, ill check them out too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Thankyou:) Ive ordered form skinactives before and yes their shipping is much more afforable. Seriously who would pay $88 shipping for a $15 bottle of vit c Confused

Sorry just saw you meant BulkActives, ill check them out too.

I think I would compare prices at both SA and BA plus shipping and go for whichever is most cost effective for you and where you live! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed tetra C to be drying?

My skin has been extra dry and flaky the last week. Nothing else has changed, except I added Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate to the oil phase of my C serum about 10 days ago.

Thanks!
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi shastagirl,
I havnt found it drying on my skin, but my Skin can be slighty on the oily side so maybe i wouldn't notice that. My tetra c is in an oil base with vitamin e as well, so maybe it makes it more moisturising.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ShastaGirl,

My skin is in the totally normal category and I use the recipe I posted above which also contains Vitamin E. I mix up the oils sometimes but never had any drying from the serum. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
butterfliesandflowers and DarkMoon -

Thanks for your responses on the Tetra C. I figured it was a long shot that it was the issue. Hmmm, now I've got to figure out what's going on with my dryness. Usually, my skin is pretty much normal.
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:46 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
As Riley mentioned, Cosmetic Skin Solutions is inexpensive. It's a skinceuticals knock off brand that has gotten decent reviews. You can read more here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31779&highlight=cosmetic+skin+solutions

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in and reply to the original question.

I'm on my 3rd week of Cosmetic Skin Solutions and am absolutely loving it. My skin is looking glowier (is this a word, because it should be Very Happy) and fresher. My pores appear to be getting smaller and I am having less breakouts. Besides that, my skin feels so lovely.

I use it in the morning and find that it is so hydrating that I don't need a moisturiser over it. Haven't been using it long enough to comment on any long term effects, but in the short term, I am so very happy I have bought this. Smile

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
acta5534
5% products discount

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anybody has tried this brand fromwww.essentialwholesale.com. The price is great, but not sure how it works.

http://www.essentialwholesale.com/s.nl/sc.9/category.107498/.f
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried a Vit C serum before but my doctor gave me a sample of Aspect Dr Active C serum and I'm about to give it a try.

I know that Cosmedix also do Vit C crystals that you just mix at the point of use.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Vitamin serum in the Obagi C-rx line and I have had some fantastic results. I use it with the regiment as a whole and I have noticed a genenral lightening of dark sposts and more radiant skin for sure. A lot more even tone but I love especially how clear and the feeling that you glow a little bit...
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use the EmregenC 20% Vit C. I like it very much. I used the same brand lower %% first till I got up to this one with 20%. Only since I started using this Vit C serum, I have noticed a pretty and even color of my skin, I had never had it before. It is hard to describe other than glowing and mat at the same time, not dull for sure and a very even tone. I didn't know my skin can do that !!! Laughing

Well, I also use RetinA 0.1% every other night and went back to Clindettes (with clindomysin) every day (to control acne). For the first time in my life I can say, I love my skin (the whole month!!!) Very Happy
tanmish
5% products discount

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I also been using the lesser Vit C before moving up to the 20% one after 1 year. I have very dry flaky skin and I find after adding the Vit C serum to my skincare routine that my skin is no longer dry.

I do use other products in the EmerginC range in combination. Vit C for day along with a moisturiser. Multivit. + Retinol during the night along with Earth cream. I no longer suffer from dry flaky skin with this combination.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
PSF!!!
Great quality and doesn't cost a fortune. Not so good with exchange rates as they used to be, but still.

I do think it helps with anti ageing and you can put it under your eyes so you don't need to buy an eye cream*. And it gives your skin a really nice glow.

Thanks for the reminder, I got out of the habit of using it when I ran out but I have a bottle which arrived a month ago so I shall crack that open!

*unless you're applying under eye concealer in which case you may want to use an eye cream. I have Trish McEvoy Line Refiner for this which I don't think is good enough for an eye cream but is good as the occasional primer type product for concealer.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I tried for several times.But I don't lik it.I don't why I feel pain while I use it.So I give it to my friend who liked it.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I use iS Clinical super serum in the morning every day. (sometimes, rotates with pro-heal) I think everyone was told you need the vit C to brigten skin tone as well as good antioxidant. That's why vita C almost a basic for regimen.
I read Obagi C15 or C20 is good or Emergin C and I like to know how users think about them.
ananyakirmani

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C is basically considered as one of the best skin care products these days. It not only helps in the skin lightening but also tightens the collagen fibers and reduce the chances of wrinkles and dark spots.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Martiderm Photo Age, comes in individual ampoules. Each gives two applications.

Gives the skin a glow. Anti-oxidant effect. Improves efficacy of any sunscreens that you subsequently apply.

IS Clinical Super Serum Advance +

It's acidic so it's not as gentle but gives brilliant results quickly in 2 weeks. Then the results plateau after 2 months.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I usually use IS Clinical and Martiderm but came across I'm Fabulous (the brand) Vitamin C Super Brightening Serum.
What's unusual about this serum is that it contains a number of oils so it feels and smells nice on the skin.

I have always liked IS Clinical but just for a change, I found I'm Fabulous a really nice break from the chemcial smell that's in IS Clinical.
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Vivier Serum 20

Hi!
this serum is an excellent anti-aging and non-comedogenic,
I prefer this serum than that of skinceuticals for my capricious skin Very Happy
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I checked into that Vivier product and it’s first ingredient is some long chemical I’m not familiar with followed shortly by propylene glycol and finishes with added fragrance. Doesn’t seem like a very clean formula.

Wondering if the EDS community is still using Skinceuticals and DIY primarily?

I did start using a product from Sweden that is pretty good although pricey (bought in sale). :Transderma O. I use it a few times a week and regular old LAA mixed fresh in water another time or two a week. Not all the time though...or I think Vit c can be drying, it is an acid. Sometimes I give my skin breaks.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:26 am      Reply with quote
IS Clinical Super Serum ad ProHeal Serum Live, alternating daily.
Find they both give my skin an extra "glow" and brightening to it.
Cali1979, Vitamin C Serums should not hurt your skin at all, so you just need to find one for sensitive skin type, such as the Proheal serum.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:07 am      Reply with quote
This caught my eye recently:

Bluh Alchemy Multi C Serum
https://bluhalchemy.com/products/multi-c-serum?variant=37949560516

Anyone use it? It's certainly expensive!
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
this serum contains a lot of vegetable oil,

I do not know if it's compatible with acne skin Rolling Eyes Confused
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |