Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Inversion Therapy for Skin and Body
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone do inversion therapy?
I just bought an inversion table for my joint and back pain, and when I began researching it, I found that many people report benefits on the skin (from circulation) and on the body (reduction in leg veins, lymphatic drainage).
It feels AMAZING, and makes me feel more centered, and has definitely helped my productivity and concentration.
I know it is supposed to be really good for the skin to do cardio until your face gets red--it means the cells are being oxygenated, i.e. oxygen is reaching the cells. Inversion does this to your face when you are upside down, too.

Caveat: I am taking it VERY slow; i.e. a couple of minutes at 45 degrees inversion twice a day (after exercising and before bed).

Anyone who has used an inversion table or can speak to benefits or dangers, etc, please weigh in here!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried inversion therapy, but I have reaped the benefits of doing handstands and headstands during yoga, I would think that inversion therapy would be very beneficial. I just wanted to say -- I'm jealous!!! Enjoy! Very Happy
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jom,

If you have room, or are willing to store and reassemble a 65 lb object in two parts (it collapses), then they are really really affordable!
For all the benefits (anti-aging, clearer thinking, circulation, lymph drainage, healthy joints and vertebrae), spending around $200 isn't so bad!
I bought the "Fit-form" inversion table and can attest to the fact that it is absolutely 100% top quality and very easy to put together, requiring no extraneous tools. I am extremely impressed with it--I already notice that my skin on my face looks brighter and that I have a healthy glow. I've tried head stands before and always feel like my head is going to explode--good for you that you can actually do them!
I'm just truly bourgeois over here, having my technological apparatus delivered to my door so I can achieve the same effects that people have been enjoying for 1000s of years...

http://www.amazon.com/FitForm-Inversion-Therapy-Table-Teeter/dp/B0017LAOUM

--avalange

jom wrote:
I've never tried inversion therapy, but I have reaped the benefits of doing handstands and headstands during yoga, I would think that inversion therapy would be very beneficial. I just wanted to say -- I'm jealous!!! Enjoy! Very Happy

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
We have the Teeter Hang-ups, and both DH and I are very pleased with it! I have extremely tight hamstring and back muscles, so this really helps to elongate and relax my back. I have rosacea, so the red-face thing is a down side for me, so I keep my upside-down moves to a minimum. I find that I can control how much of a slant I'm at (as opposed to hanging by my feet), so I can find an angle that's soothing to my back, but not turning my face beet-red.

On the other hand, DH likes to turn completely upside down, and hang by his ankles. He reminds me of a bat when he does that, LOL! He has a problem with compressed disks in his back, so when his back is acting up, he finds the table helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I found a used one for $100. When my check clears I'm going to pick one up. I've been wanting one of these for a long time. Thanks for the reminder!

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Got my inversion table from Ebay. $125. I love it. And the coloring on my face looks really good after hanging upside down. Smile

Thanks for the reminder about it. I've been wanting to get one for circulation and so forth. Can you post whatever background you found on that front, including what it does for your skin? I looked for some and couldn't find much of anything.

Thanks,

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I love my inversion table. I used ours in the school gym until I moved. I just went in for a few minutes to "hang" and get perspective or take a brake from the "kiddies" during my plan time.

Several years later when my neck really began to bother me, I thought about things that helped and this was one...so here I am.

It does make me feel regenerated, less tense when I land on my feet again...And it helps with bowel movements for me...go figure...a perk I didn't expect.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
For any of you that find the board just way to hard on your poor back, those egg crate type thick mattress pads (sold in K-Mart or Wal-Mart) can be cut to perfectly fit it.

Double sided velcro tape then seals the deal.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
For any of you that find the board just way to hard on your poor back, those egg crate type thick mattress pads (sold in K-Mart or Wal-Mart) can be cut to perfectly fit it.

Double sided velcro tape then seals the deal.. Wink

Great idea!

nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
The Teeter Hang-Ups is made of a metal frame, with canvas supporting your back. There is nothing hard or uncomfortable against your back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Is it me or do we really look younger after inversion therapy? I could swear that it takes a good 10 years off of my face and body for the rest of the day because of the inverted gravity pull. Of course, by the next day everything has fallen back to it's former level.\

Is anyone else experiencing this?

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
The Teeter Hang-Ups is made of a metal frame, with canvas supporting your back. There is nothing hard or uncomfortable against your back.

Mine has canvas also, but there is a metal rod that spans the 'bed' at the swivel point. It is rather uncomfortable at times.

RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I have always wanted one of these. I could have purchased one many times over with the $$$$ that I have wasted on other stuff Embarassed .
I hang my head over the side of the bed for at least 10 minutes every morning. Not only does it wake me up, but it makes my skin look rosy and (I don't know if this is the reason why) I don't seem to have any fluid issues with my eyes.
I have had back problems forever & when I look at these tables/beds (knowing how hanging my head works) I know that they would be awesome. During a flareup, the only relief that my back has had has been traction. The inversion tables are kind of doing the same thing by decompressing your spine.
I want one Smile .

5% products discount

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
My inversion table is the best money I've ever spent. I absolutely LOVE it!

I bought the Ironman Gravity 4000 which can be purchased from Amazon, Overstock, Walmart and other stores. (I don't have enough posts to include a direct link.)

My friend has the Ironman Gravity 1000 which is about $100 cheaper. I bought the more expensive one because it has a memory foam back and an easier ankle release. I like the memory foam back because I don't normally invert all the way, and it's more comfortable than the canvas type.

I really do think it has improved my skin, face and lymphatic system, and it's terrific for back pain and headaches etc.

Look into any contraindications before purchasing though.
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
What's inversion table ,i am in chian,can i find it?
havana8

Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Amy Lu wrote:
What's inversion table ,i am in chian,can i find it?

Have a look at the link provided in the third post from the top to see a picture of what it looks like...
Aliceyoyo

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I got an HARISON inversion table for back pain recently from Amazon, I use it 2~3 minutes every time. But I do this 3 times a day. It help me to release the back pain. Thanks this machine.
joyknights
5% products discount

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
This is one of my favorite things to do when I am stress aside from walking my Shih Tzu around the neighborhood with their dog collars on my hand. It clears up my mind and helps me get rid of my back pain. Also, if you can't find a table you can use yoga trapeze or the stability ball as an alternative.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I use it to manage my back pain.

At the start, it was pretty scary because I had pin-points broken capillaries along my hair line on my face and under my eyes.

So please start slowly if you were starting with this.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |