Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

[Review] Decleor Nourishing Lip Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
deep_splash
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've been dying to try this product but never pulled the trigger considering its price. I usually get Burt's Bees or Kiehls.

So I received my latest order from EDS (thanks a tonne for the samples:P) and the first thing I tried was this item. A girl can't have enough lip balms (2 at work, 2 in purse, 2 at home...I'm sure a lot of you can relate to).
WOW~ I can't even begin to say how soft these makes my lips Shock The smell is very cinnamon like (almost like Cinnabon). But once you apply it its not a strong taste at all. The viscosity of the balm is a bit thicker (not as liquidy gel like the kiehls) so it takes a bit more pressure on the balm to get it out. The bright side is I only use a small amount and don't have to worry about excess squirting out by accident.
It's also not sticky and make me feel like I just ate something oily (something I didn't like about Kiehls lip balm). Lips feel perfectly non-sticky after application.

I'm quite afraid I will seriously fall in love with this lip balm and can't go back (not on the cheap end...ok *more motivation to post more on EDS to get a larger discount on orders hehe).

p.s. my first review so please go easy on me Wink In the upcoming days I'll be reviewing some of the other products I purchased (I'll be trying Sothys Cleansing Milk later tonight)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I am all about lip balms, and appreciated your review...totally agree about not liking ones that feel too sticky or slimy. I think the scent would probably not work for me, since I can't handle strong smells. Sad And being reminded of Cinnabon might not help my diet, lol.

My personal favorite (if you want to try another one) is the Sarah Happ Lip Slip. It moisturized my lips to the point that I only use it twice a day (after lunch and before bed)and don't feel I need to reapply all day. It is a bit cheaper than Decleor since you get more.

It comes in both a balm in a pot and a gloss in a tube (this version is a bit thinner). I prefer the balm, but the tube is great for my purse. (I'll do a review on this at some point.)

http://www.amazon.com/Sara-Happ-The-Lip-Slip/dp/B001KW8DHO

http://www.amazon.com/Sara-Happ-Slip-Luxe-Gloss/dp/B00726A1HC/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_img_y

Ok...sorry for derailing your review. I just wanted to give you another option since I am also very picky about lip balms, and know price is a factor. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review deep_splash. I have been curious about the Decleor lip balm. I am loving the Decleor iris night balm (and the iris serum) and will definitely check out the lip product now!
deep_splash
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
@bethany
Interesting, thanks for the recommendation. Hm, it uses jojoba, macadamia and almond oil. Not bad at all. On ebay its approx $29 with shipping (i'm in canada) so the same price as the decleor.
However if a little goes a long way and it's as moisturizing as you say then..very tempting indeed.
Another one people have been mentioning on this board is the Nuxe honey lip balm (tub)..have you tried that one? Is it the sticky/gluey kind of consistency once it's applied?

@rileygirl
you're very welcome. It's an excellent lip balm Bad Grin The scent is only noticeable at the very beginning, after like 10 minutes its no longer noticeable. I'm personally not a fan of heavy scented balms

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
deep_splash wrote:
@bethany
Interesting, thanks for the recommendation. Hm, it uses jojoba, macadamia and almond oil. Not bad at all. On ebay its approx $29 with shipping (i'm in canada) so the same price as the decleor.
However if a little goes a long way and it's as moisturizing as you say then..very tempting indeed.
Another one people have been mentioning on this board is the Nuxe honey lip balm (tub)..have you tried that one? Is it the sticky/gluey kind of consistency once it's applied?

No I have not, but I will check that out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's great to know. I price looks to be reasonable too! Win-win.

deep_splash wrote:
I've been dying to try this product but never pulled the trigger considering its price. I usually get Burt's Bees or Kiehls.

So I received my latest order from EDS (thanks a tonne for the samples:P) and the first thing I tried was this item. A girl can't have enough lip balms (2 at work, 2 in purse, 2 at home...I'm sure a lot of you can relate to).
WOW~ I can't even begin to say how soft these makes my lips Shock The smell is very cinnamon like (almost like Cinnabon). But once you apply it its not a strong taste at all. The viscosity of the balm is a bit thicker (not as liquidy gel like the kiehls) so it takes a bit more pressure on the balm to get it out. The bright side is I only use a small amount and don't have to worry about excess squirting out by accident.
It's also not sticky and make me feel like I just ate something oily (something I didn't like about Kiehls lip balm). Lips feel perfectly non-sticky after application.

I'm quite afraid I will seriously fall in love with this lip balm and can't go back (not on the cheap end...ok *more motivation to post more on EDS to get a larger discount on orders hehe).

p.s. my first review so please go easy on me Wink In the upcoming days I'll be reviewing some of the other products I purchased (I'll be trying Sothys Cleansing Milk later tonight)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |