Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Body Deli Products – BEST EVER!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Avalange,

I am almost 100% certain they are not a new version of Living Nature, as The Body Deli has been around for sometime and was around the exact time as LN! Interesting that you were a purchaser dealing with LN, I was actually trying to become a Canadian distributor, which they did not need due to the U.S one! I am also extremely familiar with the LN line, yet the Body Deli products I think are WAY BETTER in every way! I did like LN, yet they were not certified organic and they were all based on some type of flax and manuka honey, were they not? I seem to recall a "Body Deli" in NY years ago, so it may be the same guy who just moved to Palm Desert, perhaps researching the company is a good idea for curiosity's sake!

I do love the products and have REALLY notice a difference in my skin where it was a rare thing that I could use any product (outside of a foaming cleanser or toner) that was organic without my skin breaking out or getting clogged pores. Yet, I still don't use a cream, I use the Sea Cucumber Gel and Nutra Peptide Serum, which are AWESOME together, making my skin super hydrated and looking fantastic!!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
How funny, Feliz, that you know LN too!
Weird, 2 products at least are identical save several ingredients, and they have exactly the same name: Firming Flax Eye Cream and Radiance Enzyme Mask (w manuka honey). That's why I thought maybe there was some involvement.

We were not distributors of the line; in fact we were the first store to carry it in the US, and Suzanne and her partner, the founders of the line, actually came to the store to meet us and train us! It was a wonderful experience, their products were really marvelous and effective (although, I was in my early 20s, lots of stuffed "worked" back then!). I was in love with Osea already at that time (circa 1998), but I did stray to use LN. Then they were bought out, the products changed, and I stopped buying, most likely because I figured Osea had a bit more science on their side, whereas LM struck me as the best all-natural ingredients line out there. Osea is definitely concentrated with more actives--you can feel it when you use the products, it's not just some marketing claim.

I do not at all doubt the superb quality and effectiveness of the Body Deli products. As soon as a reason for me to try them arises (my skincare regime is pretty set right now), I will happily do so and report back. Maybe I'll order some samples in the meantime.

I still have a few uses of the Tata Harper resurfacing mask (which I adore), but I will probably spring for the radiance enzyme mask when I'm out.

Thanks so much for exposing us to these wonderful products.

--avalange

Feliz wrote:
Avalange,

I am almost 100% certain they are not a new version of Living Nature, as The Body Deli has been around for sometime and was around the exact time as LN! Interesting that you were a purchaser dealing with LN, I was actually trying to become a Canadian distributor, which they did not need due to the U.S one! I am also extremely familiar with the LN line, yet the Body Deli products I think are WAY BETTER in every way! I did like LN, yet they were not certified organic and they were all based on some type of flax and manuka honey, were they not? I seem to recall a "Body Deli" in NY years ago, so it may be the same guy who just moved to Palm Desert, perhaps researching the company is a good idea for curiosity's sake!

I do love the products and have REALLY notice a difference in my skin where it was a rare thing that I could use any product (outside of a foaming cleanser or toner) that was organic without my skin breaking out or getting clogged pores. Yet, I still don't use a cream, I use the Sea Cucumber Gel and Nutra Peptide Serum, which are AWESOME together, making my skin super hydrated and looking fantastic!!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange,

Funny, but I also was using Osea in the late 90's early 2000's! Back then, the owner, Jennifer Palmer would pill your orders and talk with you on the phone about her products! I think Osea is really awesome as well, due to their high seaweed amount of ingredients and cosmeceutical actives that do work, so I understand fully why you maintain using their products! However, I do love the Body Deli Cleansers much more, especially the Melon Cleanser as its the least drying foaming cleanser I have ever used!

I also personally do not ever use products from just one line, similar to your love of Tata Harper's products, yet use the best products that work the most effectively for my skin.
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 07, 2013 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Any other Body deli fans?

Am most interested in the melon peptide cream gel and the living hair shampoo and conditioner.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I currently have their Shampoo and Conditioner and its very good. Its a rich green colour and has a mint smell, you don't need that much product and it cleans you hair perfectly. I was using it everyday and found it too drying to my scalp, which is pretty normal for me. The conditioner is very light and has an orange type smell that dissipates after its rinsed out. I colour my hair so both products worked well for my fine hair.

In addition, a friend of mine who has think dark hair, also coloured keeps raving how both products helped her hair growth etc. My husband thinks its the best shampoo he has ever tried. (compared to Aveda products, Rahua regular and voluminous)

The melon peptide gel is very rich, so will be best if you have normal, dry, or mature skin. i would recommend ordering the small size first. I love the Melon Cleanser, as I have just re-purchased it as my all time favourite cleaners!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I also still like the products.

I ordered Blueberry Cleanser - too drying, Melon cleanser was a better choice for me.

Peptide Serum - very nice.
Vit C - also.
Rose Cream - good moisturizer, may a bit too heavy for summer ( I have a combo skin).
Eye Cream - undecided for now; nice but may be not enough.
Melon peptide gel - in the end I used the entire jar and will reorder.

I went back to shampoo/conditioner and found that if I use them without any other products they work very well for me.

Body butter - was not enough by itself as a hand cream, but works very well with their body oil underneath.

I am still debating whether Living Libations products are more effective, but since my husband can not tolerate the smell of LL products, I stopped using them for now and use either Body Deli ones or Sally B.'s.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 18, 2013 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I found this thread looking for some reviews on Body Deli products! I just started using their Vital C serum. So too soon for proper review, but initially I'm really liking it. It is a thicker (and orange colored) serum. It does sink in however and leaves skin a bit dewy/moisturized - different than my LAA serums. Oh, and it smells fab - kind of like a creamsicle.

I'm happy to read about the melon peptide gel as I have been wondering about it specifically. Do you think the small size of it will give me enough time to see any results?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered some BD samples a couple months ago, and was a little disappointed at how tiny they were for $18 USD per sample. I used the Vit C serum for 1 week, and I don't think it was enough of a sample to tell whether or not it would be effective. In fact, it left my skin a little more bumpy/textured than usual, and did nothing to keep my skin hydrated during the day. I usually use Tata Harper's Rejuvenating Serum under my moisturizer and BB cream, and this really makes my skin look lush and gorgeous and plump all day long, so I have to say that the BD Vitamin C product did not live up to my expectations.

The manuka honey mask was nice, but certainly not much more effective than straight manuka honey mixed with an exfoliant, so I won't be purchasing the full size of that product, either.

I won't be trying any of their other products because the sampling system they have in place is truly cost-prohibitive. They seem to have a MLM system in place, as well, which turns me off to the company.

I really did want to love the Body Deli. But I'm sticking with my tried and true favorites, Osea and Tata Harper.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 6:13 am      Reply with quote
It sounds that the product is so good.But I can't find where to buy it.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the alternative view on these products.

I did look at the Melon Peptide cream gel but it only has one type of peptide tripeptide-5. I think for a product named after "peptide" by only featuring one, it's hardly ground breaking.

Would I be hypocritical of me to use organic skin care but not consume organic food and drink?

Who on here are leading an organic life and feel better for it?
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Feliz, thanks for the warning. I might just stick with the Melon Cleanser at this point.

Feliz wrote:
I am currently using the Blueberry Fusion cleanser as well, yet I do find it can be VERY drying if you have sensitive skin! I have been using it twice a day and find that now I have to alternate with my favourite cleanser of theirs, the Melon Cleanser! However, the Blueberry Fusion cleanser does remove dry/dead skin off the surface of the skin quite well and is a VERY strong product, so just be prepared if deciding to purchase this product, it works!!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
How would The Body Deli compare to Eminence? Anyone tried both?
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi arielstar08,

How strange. I haven't posted reviews on here since 2013, however just came across this post from years ago. Interesting, because I just finished the Vanilla Body Creme from The Body Deli.
If you still want an opinion, The Body Deli is WAY higher quality than Eminence, who uses a TON of fragrance and whatever else. I was professionally trained on Eminence and tried a number of times to use their 'horrible' products in my opinion. I know people LOVE them, but I never did. My MIL also hated them.
Personally, the best organic brand for skin is hands down: Luzern which I have used on an off for YEARS and get it at Essential Day Spa only.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |