Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Favorite cleansing OIL?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
O! BluesHeart!! That sounds awful for you...
Not to highjack this thread, but did it happen right away or after you had used it a while?? I sure don't need something like that!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
O! BluesHeart!! That sounds awful for you...
Not to highjack this thread, but did it happen right away or after you had used it a while?? I sure don't need something like that!!

It began probably within the first week or so. Fawnie, I looked like I'd had a chemical peel gone bad. My skin first began to feel tight and a little sore to the touch, as if I'd had a sunburn. It then became dry and red ending ultimately with skin that was so irritated I peeled. Awful experience and I'll never apply OCM and castor oil in particular again. I was initially very nervous to try the Karin Herzog pro cleanser but it has proven to be nothing but a delightful experience, giving true cleansing and a beautiful look to my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BluesHeart

OOOOw - hopefully the 20% CO I mixed up won't bother me like that.

Yes, I looked at the Karin Herzog ingredients. The cleanser ingred look at lot like Eve Lom. It was pretty much a solid mineral oil cleanser with some nice herbs. It was massaged into the skin using a lymphatic drainage technique then steamed with a hot cloth and removed. I liked it, but it got too expensive ordering from London. Is that what Karin Herzog is like?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Hi BluesHeart

OOOOw - hopefully the 20% CO I mixed up won't bother me like that.

Yes, I looked at the Karin Herzog ingredients. The cleanser ingred look at lot like Eve Lom. It was pretty much a solid mineral oil cleanser with some nice herbs. It was massaged into the skin using a lymphatic drainage technique then steamed with a hot cloth and removed. I liked it, but it got too expensive ordering from London. Is that what Karin Herzog is like?

Hi Fawnie,
I've not used the Eve Lom but it sounds very much like the Herzog. I have both the pro cleanser and the chocolate. The pro cleans the pores best but I love the chocolate too. I will never not use those cleansers. Awesome.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart -Chocolate beats castor oil in my book any day! :-&
I still do the lymphatic massage technique that came with the Eve Lom & I swear it helps: Light pulsing/tapping over lymph nodes beginning behind the ears, then at hairline, over eyebrows, under eyes, down sides of face, over facial sinuses, over upper lip, under lips, over jawline, then clavicle area.
Sorry to get OT, but I thought it went along with the oil massage anyway.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor's cleansing oil is my only choice.
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am all about MAC cleanse off oil. Wouldn't try another product for removing my makeup! Smile
pristang
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I use Bioderma for face make up and Clinique for eye make up. Then, follow up by ordinary cleanser.
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
What are the benefits of using a cleansing oil? I never used a cleansing oil before? This is something very new to me. I am afraid that since I have occasional pimples due to working at a photolab that it might make them worse? Confused
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
What are the benefits of using a cleansing oil? I never used a cleansing oil before? This is something very new to me. I am afraid that since I have occasional pimples due to working at a photolab that it might make them worse? Confused
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sophias1920 wrote:

I think Oil removes makeup and waterproof sunscreen more easily. If you are happy with your cleanser then no need to add the cleansing oil.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I use the cleansing oil from Garden of Wisdom, I swear by it, It's cheap, I order like 4 at a time. I used DHC before, but this one is just as good and SO much cheaper!
amylola, the last time I checked out the GOW site, I thought there were a few versions of cleansing oil. Which one do you think is comparable to DHC? Asking because I am considering giving DHC a try next -- a few sample packets convinced me it was worth trying, but I would love to save $ with GOW if I can.

I am currently using Laventine's Olive Forte and I like it a lot. Previously used Laventine's normal/dry formula and liked it too, but it was harder to rinse off completely. I think DHC is the easiest to rinse off without any additional cleansing step.
dasani
5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've read so many raves about DHC and MAC cleansing oil but unfortunately both products caused me breakout.

I'm now using Fancl which seems to be more mild on my skin but the smell seemed to have changed a bit after using it for a month (could it turn bad already?)

The next product on my "to try list" is Karin Herzog's professional cleanser.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, forget the OCM for me. My DIY olive oil/castor oil just wreaked havoc and confused my skin. horrid.
My vote is for DHC - easiest to remove and well tolerated.

Laventine = hard to remove
Fancl = OK but doesn't cleanse as well as DHC IMO.
Decleor milk = doesn't seem to get anything off for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Which Laventine oil did you use? I am using Olive Forte now and like it, but it's not the easiest to remove. Still, I don't need to follow it with another cleanser.

I am buying DHC next.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I've also used plain EVOO and jojoba oil with good results, but I hated having to wash the oil off my face. A water-soluble cleansing oil is much more convenient, so I use DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil. It removes sunscreen and makeup (including waterproof mascara) quite well, though I also follow up with a regular foaming facewash since I have oilier skin and am vigilant against possible pore-cloggers.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:03 am      Reply with quote
i vote for fancl , really clean enough to remove my rather heavy makeup!!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor!
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is not picky so I can use virtually any of the Japanese cleansing oils with no problems. Kanebo Naive works fine, ditto for Shiseido Perfect Oil, etc. My personal favorite is Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil due to the ingredients.
DST

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Yeah, forget the OCM for me. My DIY olive oil/castor oil just wreaked havoc and confused my skin. horrid.

DST = What is DHC IMO? I use a combination of olive oil/castor oil OCM every day for the past 3 yrs. My face feels very clean after massaging in the oil the using a very warm wet cloth to steam my face a couple of times then I wash the oil off- NO SOAP. I have never had a problem with break-outs on my skin. What I do have a problem with is the increase of facial hair. It has become a real problem and I have to "pluck" the hair 2 - 3 times a week. Does anyone else experience this problem? What did you do? What OCM formula do you use that excludes Castor Oil?
havana8

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
DST wrote:
fawnie wrote:

DST = What is DHC IMO?

DHC = DHC Care

https://www.dhccare.com/deep-cleansing-oilr.html

Smile
1claire
5% products discount

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Bioderma Sensibio H2O.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
DHC cleansing oil gets my vote.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Because it's summer now where I live, I have switched to a cleansing oil that's designed for oily skin

CosMedix Purity Solution Nourishing Deep Cleansing Oil 100ml

It is working well for me.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |