Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sensitive, dehydrated skin: OCM with sunflower drying me out
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
anoukaimee

Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive, combo, dehydrated skin (use Renova) with a lot of redness around my nose area. I do not have rosacea; tried some of the remedies for that and the only one that really did anything was calendula cream, which would soothe any skin. I have been using CeraVe, but wanted something more moisturizing (think glowy) and that might really resolve my redness. That's my #1 concern. I thought I'd try the OCM.

I did a lot of research to find an ideal oil; I narrowed it down to sunflower, avocado, almond seed, camellia, and jojoba. I've already been using almond under my eyes and jojoba on red areas at night,with good results. I thought I'd mix it up and try something new. I'm on a tight budget, and Trader Joe's had cold pressed, organic stuff for $3.99. So went with that and 10% castor oil.

I've been using it for a week, and my skin is totally dried out and tight. It looks OK, but the redness issue has not been helped (although i wouldn't expect it to at this point), but I'm thinking sunflower might not have been the best choice.

So did anyone have ideas for sensitive skin--maybe avocado? Camellia looks great, but is a bit pricey and I'd like to start with something more budget-friendly. I'm concerned about coconut because of its comedogenic properties.

Any ideas? Something especially that might address the redness concerns?

Thank you very much!
TishaMarten

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Well the problem you are facing is what even I am going through and I would like to suggest a short and simple trick of using coconut oil along with lemon juice and some cream, just mix it up and apply and leave it overnight, it will work excellently on your dry skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2019 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is also very dry, and I often apply oil, which really moisturizes the skin a lot. I often use tea oil.
AmberP
5% products discount

Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:54 am      Reply with quote
With dry skin, you have to be very careful. Avocado can help, I usually take lotions and other cosmetics with hydration, but also don't forget that it takes several steps. Look into Korean skincare.
sharron489
5% products discount

Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Get a good moisturizer cream you can check this https://skinorac.com/beauty-and-skin-care/ this website has some of good options to choose from
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
AmberP wrote:
With dry skin, you have to be very careful. Avocado can help, I usually take lotions and other cosmetics with hydration, but also don't forget that it takes several steps. Look into Korean skincare.

Be careful with ALL oils. I would patch test first. Some oils can cause acne reaction ie; coconut, caster, etc. and I personally avoid.

Korean skin care is based on many steps.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |