Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your best tips for Careprost and similar?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I just finished my first tube of Rapidlash with fantastic results and yet, I am also going to try my first bottle of Careprost so I can compare the two.

I need your best tips for using Careprost (or similar)...Rapidlash makes it so easy to use - the little brush dispenses just the right amount and it doesn't drip. I just tried to use my Rapidlash brush with a few drops of Careprost and made a messing, getting it everywhere.

Please help, thanks! BFG
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
You definitely don't need a few drops of Careprost, not even one drop really. I find it best to paint onto the lashes close to the base and let the liquid wick down the lash to the follicles.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear that you got good results with RapidLash. Now, get ready to see HUGE changes with Careprost. At first I thought nothing was happening, just like I did in the first few weeks with RapidLash, then starting around 7-8 weeks they seemed to get longer overnight. If you haven't looked, check out my Careprost post in the review section where I show pictures of where my puny lashes started out, after 12 weeks of RapidLash and the most current ones after using Careprost. I'm getting ready to post my 16-week pictures there in a few more days.

This is how I apply my Careprost, and I believe it is truly the best way to use it with as little waste as possible. I'm still on my first bottle after almost 4 months.

I bought an inexpensive bent tip liner brush from Elf for around $1-$3. The brush had a little too many bristles, so I carefully scissored some off until it looked about the thickness of the RapidLash brush. Then put about a half drop of Careprost onto the top of the Careprost bottle cap (there is a tiny well there). Now, take the brush and dip it in that drop. The first dip takes a couple of seconds to absorb up the brush bristles. I usually only have to dip once, maybe twice, per eye and have more than enough of the solution in the cap top to do this for both eyes. Then I clean off the cap top and brush well afterwards.

Good luck to you and let us know how you like Careprost.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Can I ask how often you apply this sandooch? I just got my bottle but I'm a little nervous about the red eyes issue...

Karin
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
You are supposed to apply nightly for 16 weeks, or until you get the length you want. For maintenence, you apply only once a week. I'll probably do it 2 times a week, though, because I'm nervous once a week won't be enough and they'll all fall out. Laughing

I noticed I only got red eyes if I applied too much of the product and when I was also applying it on the bottom lashes. Now I know why they say not to apply it there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have been applying my Lumigan with these little disposable applicators for eyelash adhesive...they don't absorb much at all.

I have been saving them and may wash all at once and reuse...haven't decided yet!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MCV8VY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all, so with those little applicators, do you tip the bottle upside down and squeeze a drop onto the brush and then use the brush to brush it along your upper lash line?

Thanks!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Thanks all, so with those little applicators, do you tip the bottle upside down and squeeze a drop onto the brush and then use the brush to brush it along your upper lash line?

Thanks!

Honestly, BFG, if you did it that way, you'd waste a lot of product. You really only need a half drop for both eyes, and it's hard to only squeeze out a quarter of a drop to put on one lid. I used to do it that way and always squeezed out too much. That's why it's better to put the half drop in the well on top of the cap of Careprost, like I had mentioned above. Then just dip in the brush until the liquid soaks up into it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use Sandooch's method with the drop on the top on the cap....very efficient, and no product waste!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, can you tell me where you purchase your Careprost? Did anyone get darkening of the skin around their eyelids when they used this? When I used RapidLash this happened to me. It went away after I stopped. I started using Folligen after this and I got some good growth from it.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen either eyelid darkening or iris color change? I have blue eyes and don't want them to turn brown,,,unless I wear colored contacts..lol.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Ok, thanks, I had forgotten about your tips to use the well on top of the bottle cap.

Once the brush absorbs the Careprost liquid, do you actually see it deposit the liquid back onto your lashes? I guess with Rapidlash, I noticed a thick wet line...and so I knew I was getting the liquid onto the lashes. I so wish Careprost came in a similar bottle & brush as Rapidlash LOL
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I buy my Careprost from inhousepharmacy.com for around $30, and one bottle has lasted me over 4 months, so less than $7 per month. I've heard too many horror stories about alldaychemist.com about them adding additional charges or cleaning our your credit card.

I've not noticed any darkening of the lid from either RapidLash nor Careprost. Although, my eyes did get irritated with Careprost at the beginning because I was putting it on my bottom lashes and under my upper lashes, touching the waterline. Once I stopped doing this, the redness stopped.

I have brown eyes already so I can't comment on any eye color change; although, all the picture posts on makeupalley.com of women with light eyes don't show any color change, and I haven't read about anyone complaining that this happened to them.

BFG, yes, you do see the liquid appear on the lashline. You really do not need much of it either, so don't soak them..

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you sandooch Smile
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Packratmack, and good luck with Folligen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
I buy my Careprost from inhousepharmacy.com for around $30, and one bottle has lasted me over 4 months, so less than $7 per month. I've heard too many horror stories about alldaychemist.com about them adding additional charges or cleaning our your credit card.

I've not noticed any darkening of the lid from either RapidLash nor Careprost. Although, my eyes did get irritated with Careprost at the beginning because I was putting it on my bottom lashes and under my upper lashes, touching the waterline. Once I stopped doing this, the redness stopped.

I have brown eyes already so I can't comment on any eye color change; although, all the picture posts on makeupalley.com of women with light eyes don't show any color change, and I haven't read about anyone complaining that this happened to them.

BFG, yes, you do see the liquid appear on the lashline. You really do not need much of it either, so don't soak them..

Not to be a downer sandooch but a few on older threads did start to see some color change in the irises (the exception), and some had to stop due to darkening of the skin even only using on the top lash line.

More than not had positive results and no problems! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Aww...really? I guess I hadn't seen those posts. Well, for once I'm glad I have brown eyes then. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Aww...really? I guess I hadn't seen those posts. Well, for once I'm glad I have brown eyes then. Laughing

Yes and as I said it was only a few with actual eye changes, and less had skin darkening than not but it can happen. Luckily you and most are not having any issues! Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Careprost 3 ml eye drops contain bimatoprost which promotes eyelash growth, making them grow longer darker and thicker. Always use an applicator brush or an eyeliner brush to apply the eyelash solution. While using the brushes, make sure you use every time a clean brush, this helps to avoid contamination of the solution. Before application, make sure you remove your eye makeup and lenses. You can wear back your lenses after 15 minutes of break.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I used to get Careprost from Inhouse Pharmacy but they stopped carrying it. I just buy a generic from them and it's worked just as well. I get the skin darkening but I kind of like it - kind of like a built-in smoky eye, LOL

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |