Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What causes those ugly spider veins?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I hate these,tiny red veins that pop up on face I hate them! My husbnad has a bunch on his nose,makes him look like a drinker(he is not).I know a dermatologist can zap them with a tiny instrument that looks like a pen, but what causes this and can you take any vitamins to stop them(I take a lot already though)
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to know this too. I have them on my legs, but that's from standing, so I am not sure about the face.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:11 am      Reply with quote
isnt the leg ones from standing the varicose veins? Confused i may have spelt it wrong Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:17 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I know a dermatologist can zap them with a tiny instrument that looks like a pen...

I've never gotten any clear answer to why they appear, as far as I understand they can be due to lots of things including frost damage and genetics.

I have a few around my nostrils and I tried the removal procedure you mention. It was very quickly done and got rid off a few, but not all. Sometimes you have to zap them several times with the downside that you get scabs instead for quite a while after each treatment.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
well I dont have frost damage I live in sunny california, genetically,I am the only one in family with this problem. I thought it might have something to do with weak capillaries but I take vit C and other vitamins so I am not sure what to do.....
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
well I dont have frost damage I live in sunny california,

Laughing No, that was more likely a suggestion for me... Norway can be chilly. Most of the year it's a bigger chance of turning blue than brown suntanning here Smile

I hope you'll get some good answers and I'll be waiting for them with you because the zap-lady wasn't able to come up with an explanation that suited me either Confused
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I have broken capillaries around my nose. I believe that they were caused by sun exposure when I was younger. Many years ago I washed my face with hot water and rinsed with cold (shock to the face). Since, I have found out that tempid water is to be used on your face. It is not a good idea to scrub your face. Treat it gently.

Here is a brief explanation I found on the net.

Quote:
Most scientific studies agree that genetics are a factor in the causes for broken capillaries.
Combine this with alcohol that dilates the capillaries and free radicals from sun exposure, devastate the capillaries, causing them to distort and become irregular.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
do you stand too long?
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Here are some possible causes:

-Genetics

-Exposure to extremes in temperature, either through water that is too hot or too cold, or environmental conditions

-Overly aggressive cleansing techniques, such as scrubs

-Corticosteroid creams--avoid using cortisone, etc. on your face

-Squeezing, as in squeezing pimples

As far as the extremes in temperature thing goes--we have tiny muscles in our blood vessels that permit them to dilate and constrict. Anything that makes our blood vessels dilate and constrict a lot could be problematic. That is why I only use tepid water to cleanse with and would never "ice" a pimple.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Many years ago I washed my face with hot water and rinsed with cold (shock to the face). Since, I have found out that tempid water is to be used on your face. It is not a good idea to scrub your face. Treat it gently.

I love really hot showers (as hot as I can bear), but on the face somehow always *instinctively* knew that I should always go lukewarm with the water. On the other extreme I like to plunge my face into a big bowl of iced water to 'wake up' my skin. I've never suffered from broken capillaries and have normal, combination skin (driest on cheeks and forehead, a little shine on the nose), so I think direct hot water is an enemy for the face. As a kid, my thing was athletics carnivals without any sunscreen Embarassed I don't think my parents were even sunscreen-savy back then! Rolling Eyes I put this bit of luck down to being Asian and being a kid as kids generally heal a lot quicker? Think

I think any kind of excessive pressure or overexposure to the elements can definitely cause capillaries on our face to break and appear. The skin on our faces is thinner than the rest of our bodies, so capillaries are at a sensitive level when the area is traumatised.

As for the bluish/red varicose veins that appear on our legs, I have a few tiny ones behind my knees. I think they are from crossing my legs when sitting down. It's a habit, and more comfy than sitting with both feet together. But I didn't know that you could get them standing up for too long ! Shock
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I always thought that I got them from when I was a child, from blowing my nose too hard when I had a common cold.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I got some vein around my eyes. i think it started when I cried too much during my first time broke up with my bf at gae 26. Now I am so regretting being so stupid.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I came across a horsechestnut supplement which is supposed to promote good vein health and help with spide veins, so I'll use it for a few months and report back on my vein situation. I know they make topical creams for spider veins with horsechestnut in it, which I keep forgetting to buy.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
a good remedy for spider veins is vitamin K-you can get in a cream or little cosmetic capsules.I got a lot of them on my legs when my work included standing the entire day.Dry brushing will also help.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I had IPL approximately 8 years ago. All the broken capillaries around my nose and few on cheeks vanished Smile . Slowly they are coming back. The Quasar light therapy has lightened them but it takes a long time. I did not buy the unit for the capillaries therefore if they look better it is a bonus.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
This is a response that I received from MaMa Lotion:

If the broken capillaries are from Rosacea MaMa Lotion will improve the appearance of the “ruddiness”. If these are broken caps from sun damage or genetics the real solution is laser facials or IPL photofacials. Antioxidants, sunscreen daily and mama lotion would help to enhance the benefits of these non-invasive medical treatments and prolong the benefits.

Best,

Howard Ritz
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
i hate the spider veins around my face too
i think it it because my skin is thinner
and i want to make my skin thick and healthy through restoring the health of my face skin
Hannah1973

Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I have read, that magnetic therapy may work, you can find the article on Biomag's website. I cannot post links.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |