Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Is anyone from the past still around???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
GGirl
5% products discount

Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Flitcraft,

I probably shouldn't have said "middle-aged" mean girls, since I'm old too! Laughing

Unless, 62 is still considered middle-aged!

Well, either way, it's nice to be back at this forum.

I always found it so educational and helpful. But then some women (who have been here a long time) decided they were in charge and just got so mean and nasty that I stopped visiting and tried to find my anti-aging beauty info somewhere else.

But, to be honest, this forum seems to have the most information and the largest group of like-minded women, which is why I decided to try and come back again.

Well, glad to see you're back too! Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Totally agree Ggirl.
It got really out of hand. The post trolls made it worse.
I still check back and am able to pick up a few tricks so I hope that eventually it gets back to more people actually sharing info then trying to run up their post numbers.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Totally agree Ggirl.
It got really out of hand. The post trolls made it worse.
I still check back and am able to pick up a few tricks so I hope that eventually it gets back to more people actually sharing info then trying to run up their post numbers.

Hey AnnieR! Glad you're back too. Yes, maybe now we'll start sharing instead of judging!

Question: I'm probably in the wrong section here, but I need hair advice.

About 10 yrs ago I bought this old smell liquid called:

Fantasia Thick’n Hair Infusion Treatment

I really couldn't use it much because it made my bleached blond hair very crispy and dry. And it said on the label not for chemically processed hair like bleach.

Well, I found it in the back of my bathroom cabinet and tried it the other day because my hair has changed!! It's thin and won't hold any shape or style at all anymore. So I tried it and love it. Plus, since I'm more gray, I don't bleach my hair anymore. I'm actually adding color to cover the gray.

But, of course, when you find a product you like, it doesn't seem available any place. I bought at Sally Shops like 10 yrs ago. It smells awful and is sticky to work with, but it makes my hair look better.

Anyone have any ideas of where I can get more? Or get a product similar???
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of that! Now Loreal has a salon grade infusion treatment that you leave in. You might compare ingredients and see if they are similar?

5% products discount

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Annie R. I'll give Loreal Infusion a try.
GGirl
5% products discount

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hey AnnieR,

I found Loreal Infusium Pro 23 Treatment. Not sure if that's the one you meant, I love it for my fine hair. I forgot about Infusium 23, mom used to use it for years. It's hard to find, but I did find it on Amazon and the price is great. It's like $24 for two 33.8 ounce bottles.

Thanks for the suggestion! Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:31 am      Reply with quote
You bet! I think that's the one. I had some but ran out so I was trying to remember! I used it in the past and loved it.
Glad it worked for you.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:51 am      Reply with quote
This thread is a little dated now but I just wanted to add that, yes, still around Anxious I mainly read, and continue my search for melasma miracle workers (thanks to pregnancy hormones a couple years ago). I joined EDS Forum in 2003, when I was 26 - still reading (and buying) here almost two decades (!?) later whenever life permits (which is less often than I'd like, but that's life with a toddler I guess).

I hope everyone's keeping well, especially in these crazy pandemic times!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I check in every day and occasionally purchase also.
I stay busy running our family business and watching the grandkids (who we just built a house and live next door too)so not as much time for self-care as I used to have haha.
Always good to hear a familiar voice!

5% products discount

Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All! I haven't been here for awhile either.

Hey Mabsy,

Funny you should mention melasma, I just ordered a product called Tranexamic Acid 5% Serum.

I don't have melasma but do have some freckles and a few red spots, sort of looks like broken blood vessels.

I never heard of this acid before, but just read about it on another skincare blog I'm a member of.

They say this acid works even better than vitamin C to reduce spots and discolorations.

I don't know how well it works, the reviews on Amazon looked good. I'll post back here when I've had a chance to try it. I just ordered it a few hours ago.

I use vitamin C serum, but would like to try something stronger. And, I read that you can use this acid along with other skin lightening products. So I plan on using this with my vitamin C serum and see what happens.

You can read the reviews here on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/3odXMPD

Plus, it pretty inexpensive like $12, but I think it's only a 1 ounce bottle. I'll keep you all posted. Smile
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I've been on here since 2007 and probably lurked for a long time before that! I'm not sure if I were ever a prolific poster but I certainly got lots of tips and good information from the established posters on here. I think I knew about Retin A and Vitamin C well before it was common knowlegde and I think learning about things like TCA peels, dermal needling and led therapy as well! I remember lusting after Valmont and Cellcosmet creams when they were way, way out of my budget becasue of you all!

I think my skin is better now than it would have been if I hadn't been a member so thats great. It does seems quieter now which is a shame as it used to be the top hot spot for info!

I still read a lot about skincare and try things, I've seen on youtube things get pretty extreme with things like self injecting and diy thread lifts. I'm never really sure about all that but interesting to watch!

I often wish there was a place as active and knowlegable as this forum today as most seem to be for younger people or more extreme and behind a paywall but as previous posters have said lige moves on and priorities change!

Is that facebook group still active and available to join I wonder, really miss an active forum!
Mjolnir

Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used to post years ago. IDR why I left.
GGirl
5% products discount

Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hey All,

So back in late January I posted that I never head about Tranexamic Acid 5% Serum, and was going to give it a try.

So far, I have been using it for about 2 weeks. I think (not sure yet) that my skin looks a bit brighter and smoother. I read it takes about a month or two to see full results.

And, I haven't noticed any negative side effects or irritation from using Tranexamic Acid - like some websites said it can cause.

I'll post back in a few more weeks. I'm hoping it works because I was going to resort to IPL to remove those little red spots and (what looks like) broken blood vessels around my nose and lower cheeks. But, IPL is very expensive and frankly - I'm afraid to try it.

Take care! Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update! I'm excited to try it if it works!

Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
GGirl,

I've been using Tranexamic Acid since Christmas but only a 2%. I have now switched to 5% as my previous bottle ran out. I've seen slight improvement in pigmentation, but not in melasma. I've added Alpha Arbutin to it and also Pro-Derm Ultra-C BW cream (I was looking for something with Oligopeptide-6Cool and I'm now seeing more significant results in sun damage pigmentation but not yet in melasma. I'm curious to see what the results over the next few months have in store...

Hope that helps!
Mabsy

GGirl wrote:
Hey All,

So back in late January I posted that I never head about Tranexamic Acid 5% Serum, and was going to give it a try.

So far, I have been using it for about 2 weeks. I think (not sure yet) that my skin looks a bit brighter and smoother. I read it takes about a month or two to see full results.

And, I haven't noticed any negative side effects or irritation from using Tranexamic Acid - like some websites said it can cause.

I'll post back in a few more weeks. I'm hoping it works because I was going to resort to IPL to remove those little red spots and (what looks like) broken blood vessels around my nose and lower cheeks. But, IPL is very expensive and frankly - I'm afraid to try it.

Take care! Smile

5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for Sharing Mabsy.

I'm still working on my first bottle of Tanexamic acid (5%) and I see a slight improvement on spots, but they're still there. I also use a vitmain C spray which I mix up fresh every 30 days.

I'm an outdoor person and live in the S.E so I get a lot of sun exposure, and am I'm worried about using anything forbids me from sun exposure (like retin-A), or professional chemical peels) because those products only make sunspots worse.

Don't get me wrong, I don't tan or lay in the sun, but it's almost impossible not to get some sun exposure when you live in a warm climate and have a pool.

I heard that Tanexamic actually protects the skin from creating more brown spots which is why I feel safe trying it.

I'll have to do some research and see what the deal is with Alpha Arbutin and sun exposure.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2022 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Nice to 'see' some old faces (LOL). I haven't been on in so long - my old computer that had my PW stored on it died and I was no longer able to get on here. I finally was able to convince the admins to let me reset my PW and I'm disappointed that it's not as active as it used to be. I actually now want to get back into making some vitamin C serum (with new additions that I discovered recently!). I also want to sell some of my old tools that I never use. Any idea where I can do that at?

5% products discount

Tue May 03, 2022 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hey Foxe! Welcome back.

Yes, it's not so active as it once was.

You mentioned you want to sell some tools, but not sure how? Try Facebook Marketplace.

FB has a marketplace for most areas. Go to your FB page and in the top left corner is the search box. Enter the word "Marketplace" and the name of your town. Sometimes you'll see several different selling groups all around your area.

Join the group or groups, and it will guide you on how to sell your stuff.

We just sold a couch on FB Marketplace. The posts only go to people who live within a certain mile radius, so you don't have to worry about shipping.Smile
GGirl
5% products discount

Tue May 03, 2022 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!

I just wanted to share something I'm trying (or just ordered). A face filler cream called HYDRO-LIPIDIC 3D SYNERGE FILLER CREME.

It's supposed to promote a smoother, firmer, naturally fuller-looking and well-cushioned skin appearance. It's formulated by Dr. Des Fernandes - the founder and developer of the original dermaroller.

He says this product contains tiny particles of hyularonic acid which is able to penetrate the skin better and helps plump up the skin.

It's expensive though - over $170. I have to try it. Maybe I'm gullible? But, we'll see. Dr. Des Fernandes is in his 80s and he looks great.

I'll keep you all posted on my results!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2022 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Interesting! So it is just a topical?
Cant wait to hear your results!
Thanks for trying and sharing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Peek a boo 👀

Anybody still here?

Holiday season is starting and am in a market for some nice gadgets/finding out and testing out what the ones I have can do.

Anybody experienced with microcurrents/Tria/Tripollar and want to share results?

I have to say I snooped around but this is still the best beauty forum around and I am so sorry it is so inactive and no new reviews 🥺

Does the FB group you mentioned above discuss gadgets and would you accept me? Thank you.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Happy holidays!
Still around from time to time!
The only gadget I still use is my Baby Q. Not as often as I should but I do still have it. Cleaned out the rest.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Happy holidays Annie 🤗 And lurkers 🤗

Already doesn't feel lonely 🤗🥰

I had a long no gadget period and now again going into full on gadget mode 🙈 Also facial exercises 🙈 Seen some of my photos recently and have time so it was a huuuge wake up call.

Very happy the prices are a lot more accessible this time, mind you it could be Black Friday effect 😉

Btw I am not getting any email notifications, checked spam folder too but nothing 🥺 I do have them configured 🤔
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
It’s funny, my niece was staying with us this weekend and we went to watch her last game as cheer captain.
She tried my is clinical Active, hydra cool and pro heal serums and fell in love. Plus she used my Baby Q.
She said I need these! Girl has expensive, but good taste haha.
I showed her the forum and all the posts and topics.
Her comment was so funny. She said Aunt Ann, you gals were the original influencers.
I never thought about that, we just didn’t share all our stuff on Instagram. What a thought!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:06 am      Reply with quote
And just for relevance, she is a high school senior.
I did introduce her to Bliss, which she loves, good moderate products. She also loves Drunk Elephant brands which I have never tried.
She frequents the Sephoras and Ultas here in Texas which has moderately priced skincare lines. Not a fan of Clinique lines, so I did encourage to use Dermalogica which address her issues, oil and breakouts.
If I was the best Aunt ever with an unlimited pocketbook, I would buy the IS Clinical serums for her haha.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |