Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Caudalie Radiance Serum - BUY IT NOW!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I read somewhere about Caudalie Radiance Serum making your complexion healthier looking, radiant and getting rid of sun spots. It's a natural product and has the pulp of grape seeds in it which does something miraculous to the skin. The review was so glowing I thought I'd treat myself to a bottle, although it's expensive and I'm always skeptical of reviews which make a product sound like a miracle.

Well I'm positively gobsmacked at the results! Very Happy

I have a dark mark on my cheek from the sun and it's faded a lot! I've been using the product for around 4-5 weeks now. The packaging says that results show after about 2 months, but the surprising thing is that my skin does look great, probably better than I can ever remember it looking. It does seem to be glowing and I've had no spots and I ALWAYS get a few around the time of the month. Old red marks from previous spots have faded dramatically.

I've just bought my second bottle and now I'm going to see about the rest of the range.

I recommend this product highly.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sarab,
thanks for the review. Would it be possible to list the ingredients for us?
Thanks
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, have thrown away packaging and the ingredients were on there, not on the bottle. Check out their site at caudalie.com, it might be on there.

Sarah
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Got this from their website...

This satiny serum offers remarkable, scientifically proven anti-dark spot action in just 4 weeks. It corrects existing dark spots, prevents the appearance of dark spots, and boosts the complexion’s radiance. It provides anti-oxidant protection and offers your skin unique anti-ageing action by stimulating collagen and elastin production. Your complexion looks even and radiant. Your skin is redensified and beautifully radiant.

Who is it for?
For all women who wish to combat the problem of dark spots and regain a luminous complexion as soon as the first signs of ageing appear.

Composition
Viniferine
olive squalane
mint, caraway and galbanum...

When? How?
Morning and evening before your moisturizer. Ideal for smokers, scar marks, sun-derived or age-related dark spots, pregnancy marks…

Tips from your Vinotherapist
To maximize lifting and radiance effects, use in the evening under your usual night cream, and use Lifting Serum in the morning under your usual day cream.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
The key ingredient seems to be Viniferine

Which a search found....

A polyphenol that inhibits melanin synthesis: VINIFERINE
Viniferine is a polyphenol derived from the vine stalks (Sauvignon Blanc) from the South West region of France. It takes one ton of vine stalks to extract one kilo of pure Viniferine.

Viniferine corrects existing dark spots and inhibits the synthesis of melanin, prevents the appearance of new dark spots with its antioxidant action and, finally, stimulates the production of collagen and elastin for anti-ageing action. After 3 years of research, our scientists isolated this remarkable molecule in 2004. After hearing dozens of women claim that their skin gained "radiance and new luminosity after using the Lifting Serum," CAUDALIE focused its research team on the search for an anti-dark spot molecule.

I very rarely rave over a product, but this one is great!

Sarah
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I have to drop off my son to his writing class this afternoon and it's right next to the mall. Should I go to Sephora and ask for the samples???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
If Sephora do free samples, then yes give it a try. Worked for me.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this line at the flagship Bath & Body Works stores if anyone is interested...they may have samples.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sarahb - I saw this in John Lewis today, they had a tester bottle so I tried some on the back of my hand - texture is very nice, it has a very faint fresh fragrance,and absorbed super-quickly. I thought the dropper bottle was kind of weird for what seemed to be a light fluid rather than a serum though - do you have any problems getting the last of the lotion out when the bottle is almost empty?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
thank you for that review! i've been eyeing that product at our local supermarket for awhile.... time to get fixings for supper methinks! Cool
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Fifi funny you should mention that because I've just had the bottle upside down draining into a new bottle overnight. Yes because it's got the dropper you cannot get the last dregs out, maybe they do it to encourage you to buy another so you can drain from one to the other. Smile

For a serum it's not really serummy (is that a real word?) in texture, it's more like a light lotion, which is good as you can then put your moisturiser over the top without your face feeling too over moisturised.

I was also drawn because the range is natural, so no nasty chemicals.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
One other thing about the Caudalie radiance serum, I have had this dark sun spot on my face for a couple of years now. I tried the Decleor whitening stuff and it didn't make any difference whatsoever. I had kinda got used to concealing it each day and thought I'd have it forever so to actually find a product which has helped to fade it is a real bonus. I will keep using the serum even if the mark disappears completely because it also seems to make my skin look great.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Hmm...sounds like a bit of a faff. Still very tempted to try it though Laughing .
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
A faff? It's only a dropper, you can handle one of those. Smile

Mind you I don't know how long a bottle is supposed to last. I read somewhere that 1 bottle was lasting someone 4-5 months. I only had mine 5 weeks?! Maybe that's why I've seen such good results?! I'm plastering it on!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Laughing . The decanting bit, I meant! When I was looking at this, I also noticed that they do a lifting serum which caught my eye - don't suppose you've tried this one?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
You don't have to decant, it's not obligatory. Smile

Nope haven't tried the lifting serum, the only other one I've tried is a day moisturiser which I found to be a bit oily for day use.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
bought it -- god i love instant gratification! will only be able to use it during the morning though.... also, couldn't resist -- bought the Beauty Elixir. love things that may your skin go aaaaaaaaaahhhh Very Happy
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I will so have to decant at the end though, I know I won't want to throw away the last drops clinging to the bottom of the bottle!

I also thought the serum felt quite luxurious when I tried it, it has a very faint but yummy-smelling fragrance. I think a treat next pay-day might be in order.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh...I am so tempted, but have no idea where it would fit in my routine. I do like Caudalie. Their Total Night Care cream is very nice as well. A bit pricey, but since I only use it every other night, it lasts quite a while.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I went to Sephora yesterday but did not get the Radiant Serum sample. The rep told me once the sreum was queezed out it has to be used in a short period of time otherwise it'll lose its potency. She swore on this skin care line. She said she's been using the whole line since last October and her sun spots faded and skin are tighter. Every time I go to Sephora asking for a certain skin care lin there's alwasy a rep swore on that line. I think Sephora sends their employees to different skin care training that's why some of them are very knowledgeable. She also told me that if Caudalie Radiant Serum helped my sun spots / uneven skin tone then I have to keep on using it otherwise ALL of the spots will come back sooner or later. She said the Serum breaks down the pigment but the pigment are still there. So we have to contiune using it to break down the pigment.

She gave me the Lifting Eye Serum (in a pack) and Eye Cream samples. I'll try them this weekend and report.

Accidently got an coupond code when browsing on the internet. Caudalie 10% off at spalook.com, coupon code: CPNChief, I don't know the expired date.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Why are skincare products SOOOOOO alluring!!! I have tried the Total Night Care as well (a few samples) and I found it VERY nice. I just couldn't justify spending $$ for a small tube that I would use every night (even over my actives I have to moisturize). The tube would have lasted only a month or so..not good.

Well tomorrow I guess I'm off to my local B&B to try and snag a sample of the Radiance Serum. Hope the ingredients aren't problematic for me. Also I think with most sun spots, that even though they may fade they WILL return if proper s/s is not used and one must limit their sun exposure. I've heard this about any lightening agent, be it hydroquinone, azealic acid, licorice, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I have learnt never to ask advice from sales assistants about a line, because even if it's crap they will lie, they want the sale so you're no further forward.

If I've seen something I like I check it out on the web from real people (like here) and doing a search on google is great too. I have saved myself quite a bit of money this way. I never buy impulsively because a SA says it's good now.

I don't think what she said about you having to keep using it is correct, unless you're going to go out in the sun without a sunscreen. The sunspots won't just come back.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I really want to try this. Is Sephora good about returns in case it doesn't work for me?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
The serum does not work overnight, it will take at least 4 weeks before you see a difference, by then the bottle will probably be empty, so no Sephora would not take that back.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
ARGH Brick wall Why do I read these posts? why? why?

Sounds a treat. I am going to have to try this line later this year when Sephora has their 20% off sale Laughing

So, what else is good in the line?

The "total night cream".. was that the "night infusion cream"?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |