Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
::REVIEW:: Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
can sensitive skin use this product? i'm extremely sensitive... thanks
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I finally keeled over and purchased this...I bought it from skinstore.com only because I had a coupon code from the back of my catalog for 10% off and free shipping, turned out to be a bit cheaper than EDS this time.

I hoping to stop my four Mario Badescu products and just use this one...I've heard so many good things about it and am very excited to try it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
lmv wrote:

It might be okay to use but I would be cautious with this serum if you have extremely sensitive skin. My skin is very sensitive and I took one look at the ingredients and said, "no way". It has lemon juice, glycolic acid and salicylic acid listed high on the ingredient list.
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL, i regret not reading this thread in time, i just ordered this product last night...i hope all goes well... Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
lmv it may work okay for you. Smile

Please update after you have used it!
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
i've also ordered the juice beauty antioxidant serum~
i'll review after i've used both~ Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE the Juice line, they are literally the only brand where I can trust every single product, ingredient-wise (I'm super-picky about chemicals). They make the only effective and attractive and high-enough SPF sunblock; I think the tinted formula is better as it doesn't actually add any tint but it reduces the chalkiness that some physical sunblocks can impart.

But on to the real topic - the blemish clearing serum! I bought this stuff as a desperate last resort after my skin started freaking out (due I think to a combo of birth control pills and my boyfriend's scratchy goatee) - and I have NEVER been as happy with an acne product. The formula is fairly gentle, helps even cystic acne and not just surface stuff, and doesn't have a gross taste/smell/look so I can put it on and not feel hideous and "medicated" and like I have to avoid goodnight kisses if I'm sharing my bed (I break out around my mouth and a lot of acne creams are NOT fun for the person who tries to kiss you after you apply them!). This stuff can be spot-treatment or all-over, and I often mix in a bit with my night cream to have a preventative treatment without skipping moisture. This stuff is fab; I just wish they sold it in a more travel-friendly container for my gym bag, etc. Also, I wish it were cheaper, but hey, we can't have everything...

One thing I have to shout out though is that while Juice's line is great, their products tend to contain a LOT of hydroxy acids, so the need for adequate sun protection increases. Just make sure to block up, even in winter - their formulas are good sun formulas though!
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample from Sephora and used it for three days, mornings and nights. It smells good, kinda like ACV. I have acne and bumps around the hair line, and blackhead on the nose. I see some improvement on the acne, but not the bumps and blackhead.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I got mine in the mail a few days ago and have been pleased with the result. I personally smell a little bit of lavendar and some sort of other apple-y scent (not my favorite) but I've been pleased with the results. I'm going to give it two weeks before I add my own review...then I'll review it again as my biggest concern is if it starts to lose efficacy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Is this line available for sensitive skin?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I got mine in the mail a few days ago and have been pleased with the result. I personally smell a little bit of lavendar and some sort of other apple-y scent (not my favorite) but I've been pleased with the results. I'm going to give it two weeks before I add my own review...then I'll review it again as my biggest concern is if it starts to lose efficacy.

So I got half way through the bottle. I didn't notice a drop in efficacy, but with manslayerliz's review of Best Bath Store acne gel (much cheaper and more economical) I couldn't pass up trying a sample. Let's just say I'm hooked on BBS and unfortunately JB is going in the cabinet.

Sigh. At least I got half way through the bottle though!!!! I might start using it on places like my chest and stuff, just to use it up. Needless to say I won't be repurchasing. Le sigh.

EDITED TO ADD:
This does not come in a sensitive skin form...the only thing I'm familiar with that does come in two versions (Full strength and Sensitive) is the Green Apple Peel.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I love the antioxident serum, that is the next item I would like buy!
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
This is the one for my next order. Cool
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the JB blemish clearin serum for about 3 weeks now and really like it. Has anyone noticed that their bottle doesn't close very well?

Also I tried a sample of the BBS acne serum as well and really like it. I have been using both together and it seems to be working. I think I will be ordering a full size of the BBS acne serum soon.

CG
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Can I use together with differin (Vic-A)?

Have anybody know? Question
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl, I had some trouble closing mine, too. It was like the seal didn't want to work or something. And since I'm a freak about keeping all my products sterile, this made me very uncomfortable. Yeah, I have skin care product OCD Rolling Eyes .

One thing I've noticed about this product that is interesting: When I first got it, it seemed to work great and I even got compliments on my skin (and I NEVER get compliments). Then after a couple weeks it seemed to TOTALLY stop working. Not wanting to give up on it b/c of the price, I took a break for a couple weeks. Went back to it and had great results AGAIN - for a few days. Then it seems to stop working again and the cycle starts over. Or maybe it has something to do with MY cycle, haha.

I don't think I'll rebuy - I need heavier artillery. But if you have very mild acne and do not have overly sensitive skin, I think it is a great alternative to harsh, chemical acne products.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bunny,
I had the same problem! It seemed to work great for the first few weeks- then nothing.
I haven't taken a break from it yet- but I think I will.
I have been using BBS acne gel as well and that seems to be working well.
The ice elements acne serum didn't seem to work at all on me.

I really wish i could find my HG acne zapper!
I heard the dermalogica one is good...I might try that next- It seems that things work on my skin and then seem to stop.
CG
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
lmv wrote:

I have very sensitive skin, & when I used this product I almost felt like it wasn't strong enough Rolling Eyes because it did absolutely nothing for my skin. Sad
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:32 am      Reply with quote
i dont like this serum, well i dont think theres any serum right for my face, cos none of them promisese what it does...adn this is no exception. all of JB's line makes my skin feel sticky and oily, which causes breakouts.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I just thought I would add my 2cents worth to the "juice beauty" blemish clearing serum. I too had it recommended to me at Sephora, while I was in the shop with my daughter. I didn't think that I would be trying it (I'm in my early 50's), but I do find that when I go through climate changes, or I start to lose my tan after a vacation, that I do get the odd blemish. So, I stole a bit from me daughter when the occassion arose, and I must say I was impressed. As the previous reviews stated, it is extremely gentle. It does NOT work like the harsh "suck all the moisture out of your skin to kill the little offender" products. No dry patches or redness with this stuff, thank goodness. It may take 3 or 4 days to get things under control but it gets the job done, and the best thing I noticed was no lingering red mark after the blemish healed. To sum it up a product thhat can work on teens, twenty-somethings, and "beyond" is a good investment.
lingge
5% products discount

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
sounds interesting,will give a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think i have stubborn blemishes, this serum doesn't help to heal my blemishes.
yunshangdirizi
5% products discount

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I want to try it too.

I think ROC purif-AC series is good too. The correcting emulsion works good on me, especially when I just started to try it. Now I am thinking to have a change after I finish this tube.
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
It properly work for me.
Maybe, my skin like salicylic acid Confused .

I feel my skin more smooth and soften.
I always have samll white head acne around my chin and hair line.
Small white head acne around chin was reduce.
But white head acne around hair line is not to much change.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Surprised I have several acne spot treatment.Decleor,Murad,,But No item soothe my acne pimples.
I wanna try to use Juice Beauty..
Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |