Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favorite "drugstore" finds...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
thank you Mark and Kikki:

I am going to order the arctic frost (you both are very convincing Laughing )

I also use the browtox and cranberry eyegel (although I just received it on Monday, so I just started with it - but so far I am really liking it). My question is, how do you use the actic frost in conjuction with these other 2 products?

thanks for all your help.

any other wonderful finds would be greatly appreciated........what masks do you both use?
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use the eye lift, wait a few minutes and then put on the Browtox, again I wait 10-20 minutes, depending on how much time I have, then use the Arctic Frost... It sinks in pretty fast.. The directions say to wait at least one minute after applying the Arctic Frost before continuing with your regime.. After the AF, I just do my regular thing.. SS, foundation etc...

Mary started using the Browtox and eye lift a couple weeks before me and kept me updated on how it was working and how much she loves it.. I was so excited to get mine last Friday.. I've had lines on my foreheard since, well forever.. When I was probably 3 or 4 my Daddy taught me how to raise my forehead... Not something I'm happy about...LOL Between the Browtox and Arctic Frost, they are so slight now...

Yep, I don't think Mary or I can sing the praises of these products enough!

Good luck and be sure to report on how you're liking them...
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
sorry Mary, I had a type-o and put you in as Mark.........ooops........my bad.....
I didn't even notice until I was just reading Kikki's response!

Again I am so sorry Embarassed

Terri
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Terri!

How funny...I didn't even notice you wrote "Mark" until you said something! Laughing

As for me, the Browtox goes on first after I cleanse, then I wait a few minutes for it to sink in before applying a thin layer of Arctic Frost. The Arctic says to wait at least a minute...but I try to let it sit there for about five before I start in with the other stuff like the Phyto-Gel Eye Lift, etc. Right now I'm in the last week of doing the Browtox am/pm...you do that for 30 days, then just once a day after that. I will probably just continue on with Browtox and Arctic during the day...no need to "freeze" my face if I'm sleeping! Wink

As for masks...I was just reading the "what masks do you love" thread to get some new ideas for ones to try! I have tried a sample of the PSF pumpkin mask recently, and like about a zillion other people on this board, I loved it. SO, that goes on the list for the next round of purchases!

I'll be curious to hear how you like the Arctic...please post back when you try it!

Mary
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
What is the best under eye cream that you can buy at walgreens to help with lines under the eyes?

Thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:57 am      Reply with quote
tthagen1 wrote:
I am having a hard time finding...the Ardell lash excellerator.
Olivia wrote:
I have only found them at Rite Aid and CVS Pharmacy. They are usually by the fake eyelashes/glue etc.
In addition to Rite Aid and CVS stores, the one other “sure” place to find Ardell is at Ulta salon/cosmetic stores.

Keep in mind that CVS has decided to no longer carry Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator so you may or may not be able to find a tube of it still on the shelf (at clearance price!)....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I love the Yellow cocoa butter stick and the Ardell lash accelerater but it seems my CVS no longer carries these products Crying or Very sad
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I love the Yellow cocoa butter stick and the Ardell lash accelerater but it seems my CVS no longer carries these products Crying or Very sad
CVS no longer carries Ardell so I think you can only find it at Ulta stores now unless you order online fromwww.drugstore.com, but you can find the yellow stick cocoa butter at Walgreens in the skincare/body lotion aisle -- they keep 'em in a little bucket on the bottom shelf.

Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
1. Suave Healthy Shine Pro Vit B-5 Conditioner for Colour-Treated Hair: I have used everything under the sun, and my fine-textured, thick, long, white-blonde highlighted hair has never been healthier! EVER! My hairdresser remains amazed, and the last time I saw her, she grabbed the receptionist, and said, "Remember I told you that I have a client who uses Suave conditioner? Feel this!", as she grabbed my hair. Receptionist was shocked too! I just scooped up three more bottles, on-sale for $1.49 at Shoppers. Each bottle lasts me about 2 months, and I have longer hair. Totally detangles the fine, curly texture too! (Ya thinkI like this product?!)

2. Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils in Blonde: You know: the red pencils, that come two to a pack? My favorite for about 11 years! Bargain at about $5. However, the stupid people at Maybelline, Canada discontinued the Blonde ones here, and now my friend has to buy them for me in the U.S. Grrrr!

3. Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara in Black: Great product! Stays on, doesn't smudge, thickens & volumizes my lashes, and a bargain at $3.99-$6.00. I haven't tried their other ones, but they're more expensive, and I like this one!

4. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Black: A classic, and I buy this one when it's on-sale, though it usually retails at about $7.50 here regularly.

5. Nivea Visage Eye Make-Up Remover:It's a gel-creme base, and a little goes a long way.
pinkmelody
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Cetaphil Cleanser *super gentle*

St. Ives Apricot Scrub *good deal for the price*
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
cetaphil cleanser and thayer's rose water.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my (incredibly long) list. There's more things from the DG I really like but some of them are either things that are already popular (L'Oreal Colour Juice glosses; Maybelline Full & Soft mascara) or definitely have been discontinued (L'Oreal On The Loose shadows):

Carmex + Aquaphor - The only thing that'll heal my lips if they get really dry, chapped and flaky.

Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer - Simple, very inexpensive, not-too-waxy, not-too-greasy balm with no scent or taste that has SPF15. It's my daily "maintenance" balm.

Neutrogena Lip Nutrition Passionfruit Boosting Balm - Yummy, tart scent/taste. This adds a nice, dewy red shine to lips

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers eye shadows - Lovely, sheer, mostly neutral colors that add a nice sheen to lids without overt sparkle or shimmer.

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar - Can be used on the body or the face and has only a very mild, "soapy" (duh) scent. Does not strip or dry my combination skin at all. Does not get mushy in the shower and the bar is big so it's a bargain.

Got2B Pure Intent clay masque - non-drying, leaves skin feeling clean and very smooth

Ponds Age DefEye eye cream - comes in a cute little pump bottle, is inexpensive and keeps my eyes hydrated throughout the work day.

Rimmel makeup remover - Non-oily (like water) and removes even waterproof makeup without much effort

L'Oreal makeup brushes - high end quality for drugstore prices. They even look expensive!

Jane blushes - These actually last longer on me than NARS!

Milani cosmetics - These are incredible bargains: The blushes and eyeshadows are generally deeply pigmented, velvety-smooth and come in a wide range of flattering, fun colors. The Lite Lipstick formula is incredibly smooth and creamy, but still pigmented and smells like vanilla.

NYC cosmetics - Also underrated. I particularly recommend the Liquid Lipsticks, Kiss Glosses, Sparkle Eye Dusts, and Flatliner pencils.

Maybelline Pure Makeup - My current HG super-sheer foundation

L'Oreal Translucide loose powder - Wonderful for adding a soft glow to the skin without looking cakey or powdery

Cover Girl Super Thick Lash mascara - This dries out quickly but I guess that's okay since it's cheap and you're supposed to get rid of mascara pretty regularly. It works great (and actually holds a curl--unheard of for a non-waterproof formula) until it starts getting clumpy.

Physicians Formula Baked Blush - Gives a gorgeous, "lit from within" pop of color to cheeks

Baby shampoo - I use this to wash my makeup brushes; it cleans them thoroughly without damaging the bristles and leaves them feeling very soft. It can also be used to remove eye makeup (though I don't do that anymore b/c I think the fragrance was irritating my eyes) and wash dirty cats Smile

Gerber Grins and Giggles Baby Lotion in Lavender - Smells delicious, like lavender + vanilla, and has a great texture.

Johnson & Johnson Nourishing Milk Bath - In case you haven't noticed, I'm into baby stuff--it's cheap, gentle and any fragrance is subtle. This stuff is moisturizing and smells like cream and sugar and milk with a touch of baby powder. It's my new favorite body wash (along with Johnson & Johnson's Lavender Bath)

Studio Basics Organizers - AWESOME for traveling and MUCH better than normal makeup bags. These come in several sizes and have lots of little zippered pockets, velcroed compartments, etc. to hold all your little doodads. The idea is similar to Trish McEvoy planners in that you can put in or take out "pages", or pouches. I think you could even rig up a Trish page to put into one of these.

Gillette Mach3 Razorblades - They fit onto the Venus handle and provide a much closer shave without nicking

Amlactin 12% lotion - This + manual exfoliation in the shower + the conscientious application of body oil post-shower keeps my upper arms (touch of KP there) smooth and soft

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
mine is ashley by alyssa body lotion
Wink
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
when I'm trying to conserve my Osea Ocean Lotion body lotion, the only brand I go for is Aveeno body lotion--it's great, and the moistuzing action lasts for a very long time, but it sinks in nicely upon application. It is also very soothing and does not contain mineral oil, which I have reactions to if I leave it on for too long.
I also love Almay bright eyes mascara for everyday or bottom lashes--it has a gel-like consistency which is nice.
and I love Sally Hansen Diamond Strength cuticle and nail oil, which has grapeseed and a bunch of other good things in it. My cuticle and nail skin always used to get so dry and flakey before I discovered this, and when your nails are unpainted it soothes cracks and splits.

best,
avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Here are my drugstore finds, ones that I use on a regular basis:

Labello SOS tube lip balm

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser

Mineral oil (laxative section) I've actually been mixing mineral oil with Cetaphil cleanser for a lighter cleanser than just straight oil, I love it! I have to shake it up each time as it separates.

Revlon ColorStay Oily/Combo Foundation The formula doesn't fade by noon, covers well and the shade is the only drugstore type I can wear

CoverGirl TruBlend Translucent Pressed Powder not overly drying but sets my foundation well, some coverage, no silica so it doesn't stress my skin out and it's not orange, yay!

Quo brushes, I hear the cosmetics are nice too, I haven't tried any except a pressed powder, the shade was nice but it was cornstarch based which I can't use

Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara

Loreal Crayon Petite Automatic Lip Liner so smooth going on, no dragging.

Wet n' Wild Acapulco Glow Bronzer

I really have to try more drugstore blushes, I have none!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Quo make-up brushes at Shopper's, they're on sale quite often, which makes them even better!
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Regular drugstore purchases are:

Mavala Double Lash - works for me but I wouldn't mind trying the Ardell if it was available here.

LRP Toleriane fluid moisturiser - gives me enough moisture yet light and not greasy feeling.

Quo makeup brushes - reasonably priced and they have a large selection.

Annabelle eyeliners - lots of colors and long-lasting.

Bonne Bell EyeStyle mascara - not voluminising, not thickening, not lengthening BUT that's not what I want. I want something that darkens and defines my lashes without looking like spider legs and that's what this mascara does. Smile

Garnier Belle Couleur hair dye - easy to apply, no mess and covers the gray.
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mine:
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
LRP Toleriane fluid
Avene Thermal Water
Vazeline lip treatment
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
My newest drugstore find:

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Stay On Lip Liner in "Spice" (very similar to MAC Spice). Quality is as good or better as any I've tried. Approximately $2.00 at Walmart.

I want to try this in "Wild Clover" (looks like medium muted rose) next.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
L'Oreal Lash Architect
Bonne Bell Lip Smackers (any flavors really)
Blistex Lip Conditioner
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara
Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub
Neutrogena Body Oil
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Body Moisturizer
Johnson's Baby Lotion
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
and loads more!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Johnson's Baby Lotion

All my shampoos and conditioners (Garnier Fructis, Pantene, Herbal Essences, etc.)
I can't sell myself to one, I rotate every day or else I get buildup. And I get bored with them, so I change them up alot.

Neutrogena Clear Body Scrub

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette line

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mine are:
-Paves Haircare products (No sulphates allowed something something).
-Burts Bees Orange Essence Cleanser
-Sally Hanson Lip Inflation
-Monistat Chafing Gel
-Rimmel concealer
-Rimmel Kohl eyepencils
-Marykate and Ashley eye shimmers
-Neutrogena mineral eye shimmers

My criteria are a combination of effectiveness and 'bang for the buck'!

Smile These aren't the only drugstore-type products I use, just my current favorites.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena Triple Moisture conditioner
Wet n' Wild eyedshadow in Creme and Cherub
Maybelline Pure Makeup
Rimmel bronzer and blush
Rimmel nailpolish
Sally Hanson Opal nail glaze
Jergens Naturally Smooth lotion
Almay eye makeup remover
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Physician's Choice loose mineral makeup
Maybelline Full 'N' Soft mascara
Thayer's witch hazel

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Vaseline lotions
Paul Mitchell's Leave in conditioner
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Masque or Leave in conditioner
Aveeno daily moisturizing.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |